Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Where are the Knicks

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,838

    Where are the Knicks

    Where are the Knicks/what has happen to them/are they still playin ball at the Garden?/did they move to another borough? or did the franchise fold?

    The last time I checked they were like a bazillion games behind the Celtics or the Sixers! Dweller er! I mean Celler.. Can someone please fill me in..on my beloved B-ball team.jeesszzz!

  2. #2
    smh....

    I guess you'll become a fan again after we get Lebron, Bosh, Joe Johnson, or whoever we sign this summer.

    Right now our roster is full of a bunch of scrubs on expiring deals and 4-5 promising young players.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,838
    Labron and Shaq are made for each other we'll never see both of them in a knick uni together. Bosh OK! may be.....what a desaster of a season...

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    Labron and Shaq are made for each other we'll never see both of them in a knick uni together. Bosh OK! may be.....what a desaster of a season...
    You're right Shaq won't be a Knick and I don't know why you'd want him.

    Knicks have a ton of money coming off the books this summer and will have some young talent remaining on the roster like Gallinari, Chandler, Douglas, etc. Of course the #1 target is Lebron, but they could also end up with Joe Johnson, Stoudemire, Bosh, etc. or could end up re-signing David Lee. At least there's finally hope this summer for the first time in nearly 10 years.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,239
    If you get Joe Johnson, you fail. Theyd be better off waiting another year for Anthony or Paul then giving him a max deal.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    If you get Joe Johnson, you fail. Theyd be better off waiting another year for Anthony or Paul then giving him a max deal.
    Well even if they dish out a max deal to Johnson, Stoudemire, or Bosh, they would still be able to give one to Carmello or Paul next off-season since Curry is coming off the books.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    If you get Joe Johnson, you fail. Theyd be better off waiting another year for Anthony or Paul then giving him a max deal.
    Johnson won't require a max deal and he's a very good player. His team is the 4th seed in the east and about to win 50 games. He's not elite like Lebron but he's no slouch and he'd be combined with someone like Amare Stoudemire or Carlos Boozer (both have said they love D'Antoni and want to come here).

  8. #8
    It's LeBron or bust.

    Amare still has a great chance he's not even going to opt out of his deal, at 15+ mill a year and the top NBA PG, who would?
    Bosh has never shown he can be "the guy"
    Joe Johnson has a team on the rise, settled in with a coach he says he loves, with great young talent playing with him, who says he will leave either?

    Every NBA free agent is going to say they would love to play in New York, when they know they have the most money to spend.

    Darkhorse- Wade.

    Just sold his house in Miami, have a cousin who works in the Miami Heat organization, says Pat Riley is terrified that Wade's going to leave for New York.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    It's LeBron or bust.

    Amare still has a great chance he's not even going to opt out of his deal, at 15+ mill a year and the top NBA PG, who would?
    Bosh has never shown he can be "the guy"
    Joe Johnson has a team on the rise, settled in with a coach he says he loves, with great young talent playing with him, who says he will leave either?

    Every NBA free agent is going to say they would love to play in New York, when they know they have the most money to spend.

    Darkhorse- Wade.

    Just sold his house in Miami, have a cousin who works in the Miami Heat organization, says Pat Riley is terrified that Wade's going to leave for New York.
    Now that I like the sound of.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    It's LeBron or bust.

    Amare still has a great chance he's not even going to opt out of his deal, at 15+ mill a year and the top NBA PG, who would?
    Bosh has never shown he can be "the guy"
    Joe Johnson has a team on the rise, settled in with a coach he says he loves, with great young talent playing with him, who says he will leave either?

    Every NBA free agent is going to say they would love to play in New York, when they know they have the most money to spend.

    Darkhorse- Wade.

    Just sold his house in Miami, have a cousin who works in the Miami Heat organization, says Pat Riley is terrified that Wade's going to leave for New York.
    Wade is going to the Bulls. He's from Chicago, they'll have the cap space and he'd basically fill the role Ben Gordon had there except be 10X better at it. Plus I'm sure David Stern is working overtime making sure at least one of the big free agents goes to either his beloved Bulls or Lakers.

    The whole Lebron or bust thing is overhyped. There are so many teams in the NBA under the cap that are attractive landing spots besides the Knicks not to mention the Cavs can make the biggest contract offer to him. The fact that the Knicks even have a small chance at signing Lebron at all this summer is remarkable.

    I want a big man like Amare or Boozer and I want a scoring 2 guard who can be the man on offense and average 20-25 pts a night. Give me those two things and use the Bird exception to lock up Lee and we have at the very worst the 3rd best team in the East next season.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    Just sold his house in Miami, have a cousin who works in the Miami Heat organization, says Pat Riley is terrified that Wade's going to leave for New York.
    Hmm. I wonder what Pat Riley looks like when he's terrified?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    It's LeBron or bust.

    Amare still has a great chance he's not even going to opt out of his deal, at 15+ mill a year and the top NBA PG, who would?
    Bosh has never shown he can be "the guy"
    Joe Johnson has a team on the rise, settled in with a coach he says he loves, with great young talent playing with him, who says he will leave either?

    Every NBA free agent is going to say they would love to play in New York, when they know they have the most money to spend.

    Darkhorse- Wade.

    Just sold his house in Miami, have a cousin who works in the Miami Heat organization, says Pat Riley is terrified that Wade's going to leave for New York.
    Doesn't he mean Chicago?

    Considering DWade is from there. Bulls have a ton of cap room this summer, Rose and Wade would be an incredible backcourt to go along with Noah, Deng and Gibson upfront would be 1 hell of a team.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Doesn't he mean Chicago?

    Considering DWade is from there. Bulls have a ton of cap room this summer, Rose and Wade would be an incredible backcourt to go along with Noah, Deng and Gibson upfront would be 1 hell of a team.
    Yeah, that makes the most sense.
    But he kept saying he was 100% sure that it was the Knicks because he wants to be the one to bring them back to the top.

    Either way LeBron/Wade + Amare/Bosh= Championship contenders.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    Yeah, that makes the most sense.
    But he kept saying he was 100% sure that it was the Knicks because he wants to be the one to bring them back to the top.

    Either way LeBron/Wade + Amare/Bosh= Championship contenders.
    I'd be very surprised if we ended up with Wade. Stern wants Wade or Lebron to end up in Chicago and Wade is from Chicago. His comments could just be talk to drum up leverage in negotiations with the Bulls. I actually think we have a better shot at getting Lebron than Wade.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us