Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Tanny lookin to get fired?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Rambler;3551640]I know a little about football. Starting safety in college (OK, Ivy League, closer to hight school, but still college).

Why Jason Taylor?- 7 sacks last year, can still bring it.

Why LT? TJ and Shonn were redundant. LT had 100 catches one year. Great 3rd down back. Nose for the goal line. This was lacking from our offense.

[B]Getting rid of Feely? Nothing about $, but a calculated move to enable us to sign another UFA.[/B]

Wallace Wright? Heck, just focus on the above, I think I hit most your points![/QUOTE]7 sacks is OK. Maybe Rex can put him in spots to increase that #, but it'll be be real tough for even a casual Jets fan to root for this...

LT/TJ/SG comment was spot-on.

[B]Exactly right on Feeley, haven't seen it mentioned before. Let's hope it was worth the risk.[/B]

Wallace Wright? He's not an NFL WR and I think we can trust The Cane to find someone on the roster to fill in on ST.

Good post, Rambler.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 04-09-2010 at 02:09 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    the idea that the GM should consider how the "fanbase and fireman ed" feel before taking steps he and the HC feel will improve the team is, arguably, the most laughable idea ever posted at JI or anywhere.

Maybe you weren't bleeding green when Bill Parcells signed the most hated division opponent of his time, Bryan Cox to the Jet roster and Cox immediately became a huge fan favorite.

Remember these are the same "fans" who scream and boo the team the first time they go three and out in the first preseason game of the season. When management STARTS taking Fireman Ed the Human Obstructed View's feelings into their personnel decision making will be the time I start to worry

Until then I root for the uniforms. If a player is wearing Green and White he is my guy, otherwise not

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    [QUOTE=GREENBLOODBLITZ;3551620]I know this sounds a little crazy, but this guy is usually on point.

Who the hell would want Jason Taylor?

Next to B.B. this guy is the biggest individual enemy known to the JETS!!

Why let go of T.J. for L.T.?
    Wasn't he a huge locker room leader?

Getting rid of Feely for 300K?
    Who's left?

Wallace Wright? Probably our best special teamer along with the L.B. dude who's name escapes me....Murrell?

I know it's just business or trimmin' the fat,
    but maybe the guy is burnin' out or crackin up or something.

Some of these moves are raising eyebrows~:confused:[/QUOTE]

DUDE really??? c'mon now. hes doing his business and that about that. he is making the team better already..i hate taylor for one but we let feely walk and now we have some money to sign someone and why not not taylor he will have more sack than gholston and we will be a better team for it. i think hes doing the right thing. we need to draft well and get shanchito som more weapons and for us to rack up points this seaosn we will be fine and tanny knows whats up...if you look at the past 6 years we have had one bad draft pick/move and that was gholston.

[QUOTE=GREENBLOODBLITZ;3551620]I know this sounds a little crazy, but this guy is usually on point.

Who's left?

Wallace Wright? Probably our best special teamer along with the L.B. dude who's name escapes me....Murrell?

Man it's way too soon to start panicking. Lets see what happens in the draft and if any other FA moves are made before we start passing judgement. Heck we haven't even hit training camp yet.

[QUOTE=GREENBLOODBLITZ;3551711]Well if he's got final say on personell decisions and signs 35 year old guys that our fanbase hates ,
    I would imagine the Fans and the media will be callin for his head no?

Did you read Taylors comments on us?
    "when it's retire or play for the only team interested ..I guess you gotta make a decision..even if it's the Jets"

F*** this guy man!!!
    What are we thinking?[/QUOTE]

What if Elvis Dumervill was a Free Agent and had said the same things about coming to the Jets, would you not want to sign him too?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Starkweather;3551622]:zzz:[/QUOTE]

:zzz::zzz::D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jeT.MAC;3551664]Key departures

Rhodes
    TJ
    Wright
    Feely
    Sheppard
    Strickland
    Douglas

Key Arrivals

Tomlinson
    Pool
    Folk
    Laury
    Cromartie
    Roderick Wright
    [B]MAYBE??? [/B][B]Jason Taylor[/B]:yes: Bonus!!![/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I would classify Roderick Wright as a "key" arrival. Likely he will be TC fodder.

I might add that I was surprised that Ryan let Murrell go. I thought he fit well into the defensive scheme and has a lot of upside. I hope that move doesn't come back to bite us since we will see him twice a year (Patiocheats).
    Last edited by Jordy; 04-09-2010 at 09:30 AM.

Who's left?

You are nit-picking on the positions of situational LB, back-up RB, K, and special teams. These are not the positions that will make or break the season. Mellow out a little bit. Tanny getting himself fired is a little over-the-top.

Veteran

Who's left?

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7w64fbqYQY[/url]

We CAN'T sign FA's, so what are we supposed to do?

Keep a kicker who MISSED two makeable FG's INDOORS in the AFC Champ? or let him go so we have a chance to booster another spot on the team. Any kicker in the league could have gone 1-3 in that game...

Keep a RB who looked like crap the last weeks fo the season and playoffs? Granted LT is not much of a upgrade, but as stated earlier, he can catch the ball, which gives Sanchez a dump off option. TJ into the line did not do that.

Overall, we have had a better offseason than any team in the final 8, let alone the final 4...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Rambler;3551640]I know a little about football. Starting safety in college (OK, Ivy League, closer to hight school, but still college).

Why Jason Taylor?- 7 sacks last year, can still bring it.

Why LT? [B]TJ and Shonn were redundant[/B]. LT had 100 catches one year. Great 3rd down back. Nose for the goal line. This was lacking from our offense.

Getting rid of Feely? Nothing about $, but a calculated move to enable us to sign another UFA.

Wallace Wright? Heck, just focus on the above, I think I hit most your points![/QUOTE]

That's exactly right. TJ's presence would have thwarted Greene's development. Same type of runner. Not to mention Greene is younger and more explosive.

I will add also that LT is insurance against Leon's departure or ineffectiveness coming off his serious injury.

is this really a thread?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Lazy Bum;3551986]is this really a NECESSARY thread?[/QUOTE]

fixed

answer

NO

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Lazy Bum;3551986]is this really a thread?[/QUOTE]

The hampurs gone mainstream.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=sg3;3552042]fixed

answer

NO[/QUOTE]

Sunshine!

All League
    [QUOTE=GREENBLOODBLITZ;3551620][B]Is Tanny lookin to get fired?[/B] [/QUOTE]

By who?
    You?

Hall Of Fame
    jesus christ

I find it so funny that Jets fans don't want Jason Taylor here because of what he said in the past.... get over it and don't take it personally... that's part of the game...... if he can help the team and get to the QB that's the most important thing....

Hall Of Fame
    "Originally Posted by [B]EM31[/B]
    [I]Taylor is merely a bridge to get us to Gholston."[/I]

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3551820]Ha ha ha...the Gholston Train crushes all threads.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about "Bridge over the river why?" but that may have been a hair too abstract.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=WeskerLogan;3552081]jesus christ[/QUOTE]

lol

[QUOTE=EM31;3552097]

I was thinking about "Bridge over the river why?" but that may have been a hair too abstract.[/QUOTE]

Thats very good, actually!:D