Thread: Oh, the irony.

Oh, the irony.

I need the Sabres to beat Boston in regulation to help keep the Rangers in the playoff race, but since the Sabres clinched the Northeast division already, they're mailing it in and resting Miller for the playoffs. 2-1 Boston in the third.
    Last edited by Crease29; 04-08-2010 at 09:10 PM.

I could care less about that game even though I love the rangers. Just win both games against the Flyers (only 1 can be in overtime, though) and were in.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Crease29;3551661]I need the Sabres to beat Boston in regulation to help keep the Rangers in the playoff race, but since the Sabres clinched the Northeast division already, they're mailing it in and resting Miller for the playoffs. 2-1 Boston in the third.[/QUOTE]

While this is fascinating, it does not meet the definition of irony.

I'm loving it. The Sabres losing helps the Devils lock down the 2 seed. :yes:

[QUOTE=Jetsfan95;3551667]I could care less about that game even though I love the rangers. Just win both games against the Flyers (only 1 can be in overtime, though) and were in.[/QUOTE]

A Bruins loss certainly gives us more room for error though. Also, if Montreal loses out, it allows the Rangers to win both games to OT and still make it. Every little bit helps with this roster.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=FF2;3551668]While this is fascinating, it does not meet the definition of irony.[/QUOTE]

it is if he was a one time buffalo sabres hater...

[QUOTE=FF2;3551668]While this is fascinating, it does not meet the definition of irony.[/QUOTE]

Touche. What if I call it an irony of fate?

Lets go Boston! I love to watch the Rangers lose, brings me joy.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=WJGC;3551687]Lets go Boston! I love to watch the Rangers lose, brings me joy.[/QUOTE]

Friggin fishstick fan. :steamin:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Crease29;3551674]Touche. What if I call it an irony of [B]fate[/B]?[/QUOTE]

Fate connotes something epic, noble.

The Rangers are one of the lamest, most sorry overplayed franchises in all of sports.

Kind of like the opposite of epic.

Or noble.

:D

definitely not ironic.

come to think of it, not that fascinating either! i don't think the world thought it was very ironic or fascinating when the Colts rested their starters against us. did you find it ironic or fascinating, FF2?

All Pro
    now I know where he got it from...