Thread: DA to announce decision Monday in Roethlisberger Case

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!

DA to announce decision Monday in Roethlisberger Case

MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. -- A district attorney in Georgia plans to announce whether charges will be brought in a case of sexual assault accusations against Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

District Attorney Fred Bright said in a statement Friday that he had reviewed all of the investigation reports and will hold a news conference Monday at 2 p.m. to announce a decision.

Authorities earlier this week wrapped up their investigation into a 20-year-old college student's claim that the two-time Super Bowl champion sexually assaulted her early March 5 at a club in Milledgeville.

No charges have been filed. Roethlisberger's lawyer, Ed Garland, has disputed the assault claim and hired his own team to investigate.

[URL]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5070273[/URL]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

If he can avoid raping anyone by the deadline, he should be golden.

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;3552140]If he can avoid raping anyone by the deadline, he should be golden.

_[/QUOTE]
    32, you are classic :D..

Press Conference I would think of as a bad sign for Big Ben. If you were the DA would you hold a press conference to announce you were not bringing charges? I wouldn't. If they were not pressing charges that could be addressed in a press release. Smart money says the DA will be pressing charges.

Why do they have to wait till Monday? That's like waiting for a report card sent home that you know you didn't do well on.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=JetsFanJim;3552151]Press Conference I would think of as a bad sign for Big Ben. If you were the DA would you hold a press conference to announce you were not bringing charges? I wouldn't. If they were not pressing charges that could be addressed in a press release. Smart money says the DA will be pressing charges.[/QUOTE]
    I think they maybe doing it for attention.

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3552159]Why do they have to wait till Monday? That's like waiting for a report card sent home that you know you didn't do well on.[/QUOTE]
    The D.A. is hoping that the Masters will be over by Monday, so all the press will be there focusing on him.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3552193]
    The D.A. is hoping that the Masters will be over by [B]Monday[/B][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/customavatars/avatar12550_15.gif[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3552159]Why do they have to wait till Monday? That's like waiting for a report card sent home that you know you didn't do well on.[/QUOTE]

Standard lawyer stuff. A presser on Monday makes a potentially charged person have a ruined weekend.
    By the same token if a lawyer is filing a lawsuit, the paperwork is almost always timed to arrive on a Friday so a person can't contact his own lawyer and he also has a bad weekend.
    That's why everyone hates lawyers.

I heard Freestater was making them a new podium and it wasn't quite ready yet.

All League
    Its a lose/lose situation all the way around from Big Ben to the accuser and everyone else involved and affected by this situation.

From a football standpoint though every non Steeler fan I know (mainly Pats fans) are hoping his a** gets suspened for the year to make the Steelers basicly finished for the season.

Honestly, I dont know what happened BUT if hes guilty he deserves jail time without a doubt. On the other hand if he is falsely accused than the "accuser" should get atleast 6 months behind bars for trying to sqeeze him for some cash or whatever the motive would be.

Either way I just hope the truth comes out for everyone involved.

After speaking with people involved in case, it is opinion of ESPN's Roger Cossack that Ben Roethlisberger won't be arrested or indicted.

ESPN legal analyst Roger Cossack knows of what he speaks. If he says Ben Roethlisberger won't be arrested or indicted, believe him.

[url]http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter[/url]

[QUOTE=C Mart;3552647]After speaking with people involved in case, it is opinion of ESPN's Roger Cossack that Ben Roethlisberger won't be arrested or indicted.

ESPN legal analyst Roger Cossack knows of what he speaks. If he says Ben Roethlisberger won't be arrested or indicted, believe him.

[url]http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter[/url][/QUOTE]
    ESPN also reporting that Big Ben won't be charged.

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5071769[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    big ben the bum is goin be someones *****. in the big house

All League
    How cool of the club to immediately record over all video evidence.