Thread: New Scott Wright/Draftcountown Mock (merged)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

New Scott Wright/Draftcountown Mock (merged)

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

Wouldn't complain about those picks at all, though I think I'd prefer a more "traditional" receiver than McCluster. I think he would be a bit of a luxury pick at this point. However, if we can move Leon, then McCluster would be a homerun. Him and Greene would be an amazing duo.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    drafting mccluster in the 2nd is a concession that either leon is gone or not returning to form. i like the idea, b/c in this scenario they'd already have odrick, and they could use mccluster for returns and multiple wr sets. and they could still take a wr in the later rounds.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Patriots having 3 2nd rounders scares me. They can really restock their team with a few good early draft days.

Odrick and McCluster would be a good haul. Both players have a lot to like.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Odrick, would be content with him in the first. It would suck if Damian Williams got snagged two picks before our 2nd though, like this mock has happening. I'd hope for a trade-up to get him if it went down like that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I like Odrick, would be content with him in the first. It would suck if Damian Williams got snagged two picks before our 2nd though, like this mock has happening. I'd hope for a trade-up to get him if it went down like that.
    agree completely. that's pretty much as good a scenario for the jets as i could write. coming away with an ellis replacement and a talented wr like williams, even if it meant trading up a bit. every time you lock in a player who pans out it reduces the pressure to hit on other picks. i love tanny's strategy of quality vs. quantity and he's demonstrating that if you are correct on most of your picks, it's better than taking 10 guys and hoping 3 or 4 pan out, b/c you know sooner what your remaining needs are. then you go out and find guys like devito and westerman, and those are equivalent to your 6th and 7th round picks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    im just not a buyer on Odrick.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pats will walk away with 4 or 5 really good players. I don't see BB trading out for picks next year, but won't rule out a trade out of 22 to get another 2nd and a 3rd rounder if the player he really wants is off the board. They need to have their holes plugged this year so the 2011 draft's two first rounders can ease into lineup and be playoff ready.

Jets are working out about a dozen players that Pats also worked out. You know that Pats, KC, Cleveland and Denver are all looking at same type players.

DE/OLB, TE, WR, RB or CB first 4 picks.......

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty much ideal IMO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    im just not a buyer on Odrick.
    In this scenario, who do you like?

Benn or Tate at WR?
    McCourty at CB?
    Dunlap at DE?

Or do you trade up ahead of 24 for Earl Thomas?

I don't see any other compelling options (not a huge fan of Cody in that spot).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FauxJet07 View Post
    Pats will walk away with 4 or 5 really good players. I don't see BB trading out for picks next year, but won't rule out a trade out of 22 to get another 2nd and a 3rd rounder if the player he really wants is off the board. They need to have their holes plugged this year so the 2011 draft's two first rounders can ease into lineup and be playoff ready.

Jets are working out about a dozen players that Pats also worked out. You know that Pats, KC, Cleveland and Denver are all looking at same type players.

DE/OLB, TE, WR, RB or CB first 4 picks.......
    Here is the Pats draft from our nearly completed JetsInsider yearly full mock draft.

1 22 Kindle, Sergio OLB Texas
    2 44 Best, Jahvid RB California
    2 47 Gronkowski, Rob TE Arizona
    2 53 Houston, Lamarr DT Texas
    4 119 Roberts, Andre WR The Citadel
    6 190 Webb, Joe WR Alabama-Birmingham
    6 205 Kafka, Mike QB Northwestern
    7 229 Weston, Kade DT Georgia
    7 231 Tanner, Charlie OG Texas
    7 247 Berry, Aaron CB Pittsburgh
    7 248 Onobun, Fendi TE Houston
    7 250 Moats, Arthur OLB James Madison

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

LOVE IT !! But I might have to go with Price if he is there in the 2nd. Use him how we used Howard Green last year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    they stole some of my first round surprise picks!

Its good to finally see one of these "heralded" mock draft sites NOT putting in thomas or tate.

edit* what the heck was that taylor price projection all about.
    Last edited by Paradis; 04-09-2010 at 04:37 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Scott Wright's 4/9 Mock Draft

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

As exciting as it would be to take a WR like Thomas or Tate with our first round pick, I still think Odrick is the best way to go if we stay at 29. (Notice the love Linval Joseph is getting in the discussion of the Jets' first pick -- he's clearly a late riser.) Not sure how I feel about McCluster as our second round pick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, DraftCountdown stole my picks! This is a Jets mock I posted elsewhere yesterday:

1) Jared Odrick, DL, Penn St
    2) Dexter McCluster, RB-WR, Mississippi
    4) Joshua Moore, CB, Kansas St
    5) O'Brien Schofield, OLB, Wisconsin
    6) Zoltan Mesko, P, Michigan
    7) Robert Johnson, S, Utah

I'm going to sue that Scott Wright guy!