Thread: A Serious Man

Hall Of Fame

A Serious Man

Are you kidding me?

I mean, are you f*cking kidding me?

Nominated for an Oscar?

Holy hell what a sh*tty movie.

Can't hardly contain myself I hated it so much.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

There was a good movie in there somewhere. But it didn't come together for me either.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3552892]Can't hardly contain myself I hated it so much.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://pics.livejournal.com/wetjeanstn/pic/0000hk9c/s320x240[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://img.youtube.com/vi/iwGFalTRHDA/0.jpg[/IMG]

BTW, Stokes. Your bbq pic from the other day is my wallpaper at work. It makes my desktop look tasty...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;3552892]Are you kidding me?

Nominated for an Oscar?

Can't hardly contain myself I hated it so much.[/QUOTE]
    +1 and I'm a Coen Bros fan.

WTF was that ending and WTF did the first scene mean??

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=RaoulDuke;3552955]+1 and I'm a Coen Bros fan.

WTF was that ending and WTF did the first scene mean??[/QUOTE]

never heard of Coen Bros....personally I like Bang Bros myself....no BS, straight to the point films....

[QUOTE=JStokes;3552892]Are you kidding me?

Nominated for an Oscar?

Can't hardly contain myself I hated it so much.[/QUOTE]

Really? I haven't seen it yet I usually like the Coen Bro's stuff.I finally saw the Big Lebowski a few weeks ago,thought it was really good.Had me laughing

I'll still have to check it out.I know you and I disagreed about Inglorious Basterds,I didn't like that movie at all

Hall Of Fame
    I'm serious.

After giving it more thought overnight, I've decided that I'm going to take a dump in that bright red Netflix return envelope and mail it to the Coen Brothers.

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3552913]

BTW, Stokes. Your bbq pic from the other day is my wallpaper at work. It makes my desktop look tasty...[/QUOTE]

Lol. You're welcome!

All League
    I liked the movie. It was more of a character examination than a typical Hollywood formula plot that's spoon fed to you. The opening with the Jewish fable was the Coen's ode to the short cartoons that used to precede the main features like in the old days. Thats what they said in an interview.

For those who still wish to see it despite JJ Ebert's thumbs down be warned I'm about to mentions specific parts...

The movie highlights this guy getting slammed and pushed and his quest for answers. He's trying to make sense of the senseless. Sometimes sh!t happens (repeatedly) to people..how could you not relate to his search for an answer?

The tornado at the end was an obvious metaphor that sh!t was going to hit the fan yet again...no coincidence it came after his phone conversation with the doctor.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3553010]never heard of Coen Bros....personally I like Bang Bros myself....no BS, straight to the point films....[/QUOTE]

Bang Bros make quality films, albeit more gonzo than independent.

I thought "A Serious Man" was ok. I'm sure that I missed some of the Jewish humor. The movie is a bit of a blur now, but I remember thinking that he should have banged that tanned MILF next door.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=IHATEDOLPHINS;3553059]Really? I haven't seen it yet I usually like the Coen Bro's stuff.I finally saw the Big Lebowski a few weeks ago,thought it was really good.Had me laughing

I'll still have to check it out.I know you and I disagreed about Inglorious Basterds,I didn't like that movie at all[/QUOTE]

Ahh, so you're the one who still hadn't seen it?! :P

[QUOTE=PatriotReign;3553420]I liked the movie. It was more of a character examination than a typical Hollywood formula plot that's spoon fed to you. The opening with the Jewish fable was the Coen's ode to the short cartoons that used to precede the main features like in the old days. Thats what they said in an interview.

For those who still wish to see it despite JJ Ebert's thumbs down be warned I'm about to mentions specific parts...[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling I'll enjoy this film. Most of the Coen Brothers stuff is gold despite it not being for everyone. These are the same people that b1tched about the end of "No Country." :yes: