Thread: My ultimate trade down mock (last mock of 2010)

My ultimate trade down mock (last mock of 2010)

FA:

Jason Taylor
    Mark Brunell (After the final 8 rule is no longer in effect July 22nd)

The New York Jets send their 1st round pick #29 and their 7th rounder and their 2011 4th round pick to the Raiders for their 2nd round pick #39 and their 3rd round pick #69.

2nd (from the Raiders): Linval Joseph DT/DE 6-4 328

Joseph's stock is sky high right now. He would be a great fit in our defense. Hes extremely strong and quick for his size. Great at getting TFL and getting penetration. A hard worker and team leader. We could possibly take him at #29 but I have a feeling he will be there around the Raiders pick. There is no telling with Al Davis. There are 2-3 players I could see the Raiders targeting that would be gone by their 2nd round pick. I think the Raiders trade is very possible but there is a chance the Raiders of course want Joseph and could draft him with their 2nd rounder. Other possible trade partners would be the Browns or maybe even the Chiefs.

2nd (original pick):John Jerry OG/OT 6-5 328

Its never a bad idea to have good Oline depth and as of right now if any of our Olinemen got injured we would be screwed. Jerry is versatile and can play just bout any position on the Oline. Hes very strong and has a good frame. Very durable and strong at the point of attack. Could replace Faneca in the near future.

3rd (from the Raiders): Amari Spievey CB 5-11 195

Even though we have two solid CBs and Lowery whos up and down. Its becoming a passing league and the more quality CBs you have the better. Spievey fits this defense perfectly. Hes extremely aggressive, a good tackler and very competitive and very good at jamming the receiver at the line. Would fit into this defense perfectly as our #3 CB.

4th: Shay Hodge WR 6-1 209.

Was very productive at Ole Miss. Had 22 TDs in 3 seasons. Had a great senior campaign, Hodge had 70 catches for 1,135 yards and 8 TDs. Was over shadowed by Snead and Mccluster but he constantly got the job done. Physical at the line and does whatever it takes to catch the ball. Rarely drops balls and has no injury history or off the field issues. Low risk high reward. Only knack is he doesn't have elite speed which is not a problem in the slot.

5th: Antonio Coleman OLB 6-2 255.

Coleman is a freak. Hes great off the edge and has a great variety of rushing moves. Uses his hands well and good in pursuit. Aggressive and a good tackler. In his 4 years at Auburn he accumulated 50.5 TFL and 27.5 sacks. Not very tall, not overly strong. Average speed and quickness. Will struggle to get off blocks at times and has an inconsistent motor. Has an injury past and might not be as good of a pro as a college player. Another low risk high reward pick.

6th: Travis Ivey NT 6-4 341

Ivey is pretty just a depth pick for the Dline. He battled injuries throughout his college career. Missed all of 2008 i believe because of injury and saw limited action in 2007. His senior year in 2009 was the only time he was a full time starter. Ivey had a solid combine. Is raw but he could pan out to be a decent rotational guy at NT.

Hope you liked it! Leave some feedback

I really like the players in this draft.

Really like this, except I'd swap the positions you have with our original 2nd rnd pick and the 5th rounder. I'd go OLB (Worilds) in the 2nd and an OT/OG in the fifth.

But again, If this is what we haul away at the draft, I'd be happy.
    Last edited by NY State of Mind; 04-10-2010 at 02:16 AM.

I think its important that John Jerry can replace Faneca and or Woody at Right Tackle, an outstanding pick. Once again Spievey CB would start as your nickel Right away, your draft is now made.
    Not sold on Joseph that high, very similar to DeVito. At 39 I think you can catch a falling star. the guys that have been talked about at 29 could fall to 39, Demaryius Thomas , Hughs or Cody

Quote Originally Posted by Martin&theJets View Post
    FA:

Jason Taylor
    Mark Brunell (After the final 8 rule is no longer in effect July 22nd)

The New York Jets send their 1st round pick #29 and their 7th rounder and their 2011 4th round pick to the Raiders for their 2nd round pick #39 and their 3rd round pick #69.

2nd (from the Raiders): Linval Joseph DT/DE 6-4 328

Joseph's stock is sky high right now. He would be a great fit in our defense. Hes extremely strong and quick for his size. Great at getting TFL and getting penetration. A hard worker and team leader. We could possibly take him at #29 but I have a feeling he will be there around the Raiders pick. There is no telling with Al Davis. There are 2-3 players I could see the Raiders targeting that would be gone by their 2nd round pick. I think the Raiders trade is very possible but there is a chance the Raiders of course want Joseph and could draft him with their 2nd rounder. Other possible trade partners would be the Browns or maybe even the Chiefs.

2nd (original pick):John Jerry OG/OT 6-5 328

Its never a bad idea to have good Oline depth and as of right now if any of our Olinemen got injured we would be screwed. Jerry is versatile and can play just bout any position on the Oline. Hes very strong and has a good frame. Very durable and strong at the point of attack. Could replace Faneca in the near future.

3rd (from the Raiders): Amari Spievey CB 5-11 195

Even though we have two solid CBs and Lowery whos up and down. Its becoming a passing league and the more quality CBs you have the better. Spievey fits this defense perfectly. Hes extremely aggressive, a good tackler and very competitive and very good at jamming the receiver at the line. Would fit into this defense perfectly as our #3 CB.

4th: Shay Hodge WR 6-1 209.

Was very productive at Ole Miss. Had 22 TDs in 3 seasons. Had a great senior campaign, Hodge had 70 catches for 1,135 yards and 8 TDs. Was over shadowed by Snead and Mccluster but he constantly got the job done. Physical at the line and does whatever it takes to catch the ball. Rarely drops balls and has no injury history or off the field issues. Low risk high reward. Only knack is he doesn't have elite speed which is not a problem in the slot.

5th: Antonio Coleman OLB 6-2 255.

Coleman is a freak. Hes great off the edge and has a great variety of rushing moves. Uses his hands well and good in pursuit. Aggressive and a good tackler. In his 4 years at Auburn he accumulated 50.5 TFL and 27.5 sacks. Not very tall, not overly strong. Average speed and quickness. Will struggle to get off blocks at times and has an inconsistent motor. Has an injury past and might not be as good of a pro as a college player. Another low risk high reward pick.

6th: Travis Ivey NT 6-4 341

Ivey is pretty just a depth pick for the Dline. He battled injuries throughout his college career. Missed all of 2008 i believe because of injury and saw limited action in 2007. His senior year in 2009 was the only time he was a full time starter. Ivey had a solid combine. Is raw but he could pan out to be a decent rotational guy at NT.

Hope you liked it! Leave some feedback
    There is a very good chance Raiders move back into the first round and it obvious the player they desire is Center Maurkice Pouncey. Jmo I think they will try and use Lb KirK Morrison or lb Thomas Howard with their second rounder to move up. I just don't see the Raiders waiting for the 29 pick. MY guess is I think team more likely to do a deal with AL is the Cowboys.(27th pick)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 04-10-2010 at 06:05 PM.