Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clemens wants to start -- somewhere

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3553019]The Jets sign the Pat's castoff JAG QBs, not vise-versa.:yes:[/QUOTE]

Which the pats spent a 3rd rounder on less than a year earlier. Jets paid a 7th rounder.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3553101]"Hello- Toronto Argonauts? This is Mike Tannenbaum of the NY Jets...how would you like to trade two cases of Molsons Golden for a back-up quarterback?"[/QUOTE]

HA HA HA, but I'd rather some Labatt's Blue or Molson Brador presuming they still make it.

[QUOTE=Vinny Patrollie;3553019]The Jets sign the Pat's castoff JAG QBs, not vise-versa.:yes:[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

You're not serious about Jets signing JAGS right?

[QUOTE=NY JETS FAN 4 LIFE;3552968]"So I'm not at the point where I'm willing to give up my dream of having a chance to play and start."[/QUOTE]

Good for you.

All League
    Clemens has been an adequate starter for the Jets......

As the holder for the place kicker ;)

[QUOTE=NY JETS FAN 4 LIFE;3552968][url]http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/news/story?id=5069633[/url]

"There's no future for me here starting, that's clear," Clemens told Jane McManus of ESPN NewYork.com. "There's a future for one guy here to star and play and that's Mark [Sanchez], and that's why they drafted him. And he's a very talented quarterback. So I'm not at the point where I'm willing to give up my dream of having a chance to play and start."[/QUOTE]

What is so bad about being a back up Qb in the NFL. You make a few million a year to watch. Ya rarely if ever get hit so you do not have the typical NFL old age crap going on and ya can swing a club on Mondays with the boys. Not a bad gig if you can get it, ask Jason Garrett, Doug pedersen and the guy that sits behind P Manning.

Banned
    [QUOTE=sg3;3553048]like Vinny Testaverde?[/QUOTE]

Nicely done :yes:

[QUOTE=TKasper01;3553189]What is so bad about being a back up Qb in the NFL. You make a few million a year to watch. Ya rarely if ever get hit so you do not have the typical NFL old age crap going on and ya can swing a club on Mondays with the boys. Not a bad gig if you can get it, ask Jason Garrett, Doug pedersen and [B]the guy that sits behind P Manning[/B].[/QUOTE]

CURTIS PAINTER!!!

All League
    I know I'm in the minuscule minority, but I believe Kellen can be a decent starter for someone. Thus stated, I don't think anyone out there is thinking, "Kellen Clemens is available! Let's get this guy in here to compete for our starting QB job!" If he does go somewhere else, it will likely be in a backup role.

All Pro
    Poor Kellen Clemens.

I think what killed him was being a good person. He deferred so politely to Mr. Pennington and bristled at the cut throat business of the NFL. Mark came in basically proclaiming I want to be the guy now, I want to start over the veterans, the guys that have been here and it was a big part of his success.

You get the feeling that Kellen was always waiting for his time, expecting the organization to get behind him when Chad moved on. Unfortunately he lost his moxie and he never showed enough for his coaches or teammates to believe in him, that he was a franchise QB. When he was starting those 11 games when Chad went down you never got the sense that he knew he was auditioning or that this might be his only chance, he always thought this was just the start and without a sense of urgency his time slipped away before it ever started.

He's a good guy and I wish him luck.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=David Harris;3553267]Poor Kellen Clemens.

I think what killed him was being a good person. He deferred so politely to Mr. Pennington and bristled at the cut throat business of the NFL. Mark came in basically proclaiming I want to be the guy now, I want to start over the veterans, the guys that have been here and it was a big part of his success.

You get the feeling that Kellen was always waiting for his time, expecting the organization to get behind him when Chad moved on. Unfortunately he lost his moxie and he never showed enough for his coaches or teammates to believe in him, that he was a franchise QB. When he was starting those 11 games when Chad went down you never got the sense that he knew he was auditioning or that this might be his only chance, he always thought this was just the start and without a sense of urgency his time slipped away before it ever started.

He's a good guy and I wish him luck.[/QUOTE]

Agreed

Kellen seems like a good guy, maybe too much of a good guy.

He just doesn't seem to have a killer instinct at all. It always seemed like he was perfectly fine with being a career backup from the moment he got here.

Good guy, never caused a problem for the team won his one start last year and everyone hates his guts. Then we have an assshole and mouth piece like Taylor and every one and his dog has fallen in love with the guy because he might be coming here. :yes:

[B][U]Clemens:[/U][/B] Is he serious?

[B][U]Brunell:[/U][/B] Pass on Methusaleh. Sanchez doesn't need anything he offers, and he can;t win anything in the NFL at 140 years old.

[B][U]Taylor:[/U][/B] "**** the Jets and their Stupid ****ing Chanting Fans.....oh, what? Millions you say? Sign me up, J..E..T..S..PAYCHECK, PAYCHECK, PAYCHECK!"

Hall Of Fame
    Riiigghht..... "VINNY"

[QUOTE=JetsFanatic;3552989]We don't need Brunnell. He's 40 years old. Just let Clemens, Ainge & O'Connell battle for the 2nd string position.[/QUOTE]

I love ainges potential.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=BigJet85;3552970]he stinks give a 4th or 5th for him and ill feel good about it[/QUOTE]

LOL, How do you really feel about this? Made me LOL bigJet!

Veteran
    I really want one million dollars but I don't think that's gonna happen either!

I remember heading into 2008 all of the ACM'ers on here telling me Clemens was better than Pennington :rolleyes:!!!

:D!

All League
    [QUOTE=gcherd;3553434]I remember heading into 2008 all of the ACM'ers on here telling me Clemens was better than Pennington :rolleyes:!!!

:D![/QUOTE]

It was all about ABC - Anyone But Chad!!!