Thread: Frankie Edgar

Frankie Edgar

I'm rooting for the Jersey boy, but is anyone giving him a chance against BJ Penn tonight?

The main problem with UFC right now is that Penn and Silva (GSP also) are so dominating as champions. They have pretty much cleaned out their divisions, and in pretty decisive fashion. You hope that one of them shows some vulnerability tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by msujetfan 89 View Post
    I'm rooting for the Jersey boy, but is anyone giving him a chance against BJ Penn tonight?

The main problem with UFC right now is that Penn and Silva (GSP also) are so dominating as champions. They have pretty much cleaned out their divisions, and in pretty decisive fashion. You hope that one of them shows some vulnerability tonight.
    I agree, but it aint gonna happen. I don't think BJ has been beat at his current weight class since Jens Pulver in 2001 (?). Maia is one of my favorites and if he gets the fight on the ground he may have a chance, but I expect Silva to pick him apart standing up.

Edgar new champ

Frankie Edgar just picked apart BJ and won the title by decision. One judge had it 50-45.

Quote Originally Posted by manzif55 View Post
    Frankie Edgar just picked apart BJ and won the title by decision. One judge had it 50-45.
    Considering most people won't be watching this until 10 PM tonight, you really shouldn't post that...

Watched the fight last night. Edgar put on a hell of a performance, and had BJ gassed by the third round.

Too bad Silva's antics was what everyone was talking about, not this great underdog story.

Quote Originally Posted by msujetfan 89 View Post
    Watched the fight last night. Edgar put on a hell of a performance, and had BJ gassed by the third round.

Too bad Silva's antics was what everyone was talking about, not this great underdog story.
    Amazing upset, no one gave him a chance against 1 of the greatest ever