Thread: Our New Home

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Our New Home

I just got home from the Lax games today, and let me start by saying "Wow". The new stadium is absolutely amazing. Sightlines are good from wherever (top of lower bowl, mid lower bowl, really down low, you name it). There is a TON of food and there will even be more for Jets games. There were meatballs, Premio, Chili, Cheesesteaks, Pizza, Fried Clams :eek: , BBQ Beef sandwiches, a freakin beef carving station, you name it. There were tons of huge bathrooms, so no more 3 section long lines. The scoreboards were huge and really clear. So that's about it. This will be one of the best stadiums in football :yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take any photos?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetsfan95;3553474]I just got home from the Lax games today, and let me start by saying[B][COLOR="DarkGreen"] "Wow". The new stadium is absolutely amazing. [/COLOR][/B]Sightlines are good from wherever (top of lower bowl, mid lower bowl, really down low, you name it). There is a TON of food and there will even be more for Jets games. There were meatballs, Premio, Chili, Cheesesteaks, Pizza, Fried Clams :eek: , BBQ Beef sandwiches, a freakin beef carving station, you name it. There were tons of huge bathrooms, so no more 3 section long lines. The scoreboards were huge and really clear. So that's about it. This will be one of the best stadiums in football :yes:[/QUOTE]
    :applause:..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;3553475]Take any photos?[/QUOTE]

They're on my phone and they are not good b/c of the glare. Srry

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    i just got back from the stadium myself. I agree that the sightlines are excellent and the jumbotrons are unreal its like watching a giant HI Def TV! but let me tell ya, the people who work there dont have a clue! The usher couldnt tell me where my section was(115A) and we were standing in it! Not well marked either. LOL! As for the over all design? I'm not sure... There are more food concessions but the bathrooms seem smaller and its like hide and go seek to find one. The escalators are slow(one broke down) and i think there arent enough of them. And the biggest screwup? They have a real nice bar/resturant (coachesclub?) where u are are on field level and they will have booze and good food. Good luck getting to it from your seat. You have to go 85 steps around to get to it! Bad design that caused some screaming matches with some ushers already. I will post some picts when i get a chance...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bpoz1313;3553511]i just got back from the stadium myself. I agree that the sightlines are excellent and the jumbotrons are unreal its like watching a giant HI Def TV! but let me tell ya, the people who work there dont have a clue! The usher couldnt tell me where my section was(115A) and we were standing in it! Not well marked either. LOL! As for the over all design? I'm not sure... There are more food concessions but the bathrooms seem smaller and its like hide and go seek to find one. The escalators are slow(one broke down) and i think there arent enough of them. And the biggest screwup? They have a real nice bar/resturant (coachesclub?) where u are are on field level and they will have booze and good food. Good luck getting to it from your seat. You have to go 85 steps around to get to it! Bad design that caused some screaming matches with some ushers already. I will post some picts when i get a chance...[/QUOTE]

Remember that it is the first EVER event that happened there. The ushers will be trained and everything will be ready come JETS TIME. It might just have been where I was sitting but there were a lot of bathrooms around me. Did not have to take much of a hike. BTW bpoz did u see Steele Stanwick's beauty vs. UNC? Wow, that was amazing :yes:

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetsfan95;3553474]I just got home from the Lax games today, and let me start by saying "Wow". The new stadium is absolutely amazing. Sightlines are good from wherever (top of lower bowl, mid lower bowl, really down low, you name it). There is a TON of food and there will even be more for Jets games. There were meatballs, Premio, Chili, Cheesesteaks, Pizza, Fried Clams :eek: , BBQ Beef sandwiches, a freakin beef carving station, you name it. There were tons of huge bathrooms, so no more 3 section long lines. The scoreboards were huge and really clear. So that's about it. This will be one of the best stadiums in football :yes:[/QUOTE]

If you want to eat, go to a baseball game. Football fans don't give a $h!t about stadium food. They eat outside before and/or after!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=20andout;3553524]If you want to eat, go to a baseball game. Football fans don't give a $h!t about stadium food. They eat outside before and/or after![/QUOTE]

Thanks for speaking for 80,000 plus who will attend the games. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=20andout;3553524]If you want to eat, go to a baseball game. Football fans don't give a $h!t about stadium food. They eat outside before and/or after![/QUOTE]

Says who.. Many times I grabbed a sausage and peppers sandwich or a cheese steak at the game. Just for a quick bite..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stanwick's goal was a thing of beauty.

I noticed that half the players on all the teams were from the Baltimore area or Long Island. A guy next to me who coaches LAX told me that lacrosse is pretty much still a prep school thing and that those two areas are the hotbeds of prep schoolery.

Note to SAR -- was Lacrosse big at Choate or wherever you learned about BMW's and Khakis?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Its not that I wanted to eat, it was that food was the only thing around you and it was inevitable.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3553594]Stanwick's goal was a thing of beauty.

I noticed that half the players on all the teams were from the Baltimore area or Long Island. A guy next to me who coaches LAX told me that lacrosse is pretty much still a prep school thing and that those two areas are the hotbeds of prep schoolery.

Note to SAR -- was Lacrosse big at Choate or wherever you learned about BMW's and Khakis?[/QUOTE]

Upstate NY is also a mega-lax hotbed. I grew up on Long Island and live in Westchester and was amazed at how much bigger it is on the island.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Just posted a dozen pics or so on Twitter.

Come follow me @TheRealLimolady - see the new stadium pics.

I went with Jumba & had a great day. We started over at the track, placed a few bets, won some money & then walked across the lot 2 the Pepsi gate and into the "New Meadowlands Stadium Because We Don't Have A Sponsor Yet" Stadium & guess who we run into inside the Great Hall?

Fireman Ed. :D
    Last edited by Limolady; 04-11-2010 at 09:34 AM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3553534]Thanks for speaking for 80,000 plus who will attend the games. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    You're Welcome

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry guys & gals here is a direct link to Twitter & the new stadium pics:

[URL]http://twitter.com/#search?q=TheRealLimolady[/URL]

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

stadium photos

Here are my photos, all confined to the field..
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=45190&id=1635015241&l=e6710780cb[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;3553624]Sorry guys & gals here is a direct link to Twitter & the new stadium pics:

[URL]http://twitter.com/#search?q=TheRealLimolady[/URL][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the pics, stadium looks great!