Thread: Was release of Feely to open FA options

Was release of Feely to open FA options

If they didn't let Feely go (which if based on performance alone, they shouldn't) they wouldn't be able to pursue Jason Taylor. Is this a calculated move in which they prioritized the pass rush over kicking?

Beat up on the other team and you don't really need a kicker so much, and maybe we can replace him in the draft like NE did with Grotkowski.

If they weren't a final 4 team and therefore can only sign a FA if they lose one-and then to the same contract $-don't you think the Jets would have kept Feely. I mean the guy is steady, makes tackles (did you see the arms on this guy for a Kicker) and even punted for us, CLUTCH!, in the playoffs.

But the Jets, I believe, are making the Judgement to go D.......Gonna be fun to watch.

Pretty much, yes.

We do need pass rush but it won't be "fun" watching folk miss 30 yders....On a defensive team kicking and punting are vital to success.

Jets Insider VIP
    hopefully it lets us sign Taylor

leaving the names out of it.... who wouldn't trade ANY KICKER for ANY PASS RUSHER?

Yes - without a doubt. Kudos for Tanny / Rex for having the balls to improve the team

All League
    I believe that if we did not have the "Final Four Restriction" Feely would still be the kicker for the New York Jets.

If they can get someone like Taylor or another player to help contribute and still have an adequate replacement for Feely (whether Folk returns to old form or someone else) it will end up being a positive move for the team.

As long as we don't suffer in the kicking game for this move I have no problem with it personally, and now that we know the restriction will be removed in a couple months we still have a chance at getting someone like Sharper who would definatly not sign with us or anyone for what Feely got from AZ.

In the end though if our kicking game is downgraded and struggles big time this move will be criticized heavily and rightfully so IMO. Games in the NFL are mainly decided by fewer than one score most of the time (especially in the playoffs) and being a "Ground and Pound" team that relies on our Top Defense as the formula to win, the kicking game is extremly important and can be the diffrence between a win and a loss.
    Last edited by PaPZ187; 04-11-2010 at 11:00 AM.

[QUOTE=sg3;3553595]hopefully it lets us sign Taylor

leaving the names out of it.... who wouldn't trade ANY KICKER for ANY PASS RUSHER?[/QUOTE]

Vinitieri for gholston?

Jets Insider VIP
    the kicking game will be fine

dime a dozens are not worth 4-5 million two year deals

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=highvoltage;3553694]Vinitieri for gholston?[/QUOTE]

which one of them is a pass rusher?

thanks for proving my hypothetical

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=MarkyMarkSanchez;3553500]We do need pass rush but it won't be "fun" watching folk miss 30 yders....On a defensive team kicking and punting are vital to success.[/QUOTE]

D's First priority is holding them to as little as points as possible. Teams win playoff games by 3's, and they are important, but the bottom line is you have to score 6's to get to the playoffs and beyond.