Thread: Draft Evaluation Process???

Draft Evaluation Process???

I go onto espn.com today and see that scouts inc. has re arranged their top prospects list and now has placed Gerald McCoy as the #1 prospect. Am I the only one that thinks this is ridiculous? I think he is far inferior to Suh in terms of strenght, block shedding, leverage, motor and I'm not buying all this talk of Mccoy being a much better athlete. But what this really all comes down to is the ridiculousness of the hype machine that is the nfl draft evaluation process. I fail to see how the vast majority can project McCoy to be a much better pass rusher in the pros, when Suh was superior statistically on a much less talented team in college. I'm not one to use combine numbers as a perfect barometer for pro transition but Mccoys 23 bench reps is pathetic for an Elite DT prospect.

Discuss

wut? :confused:

[QUOTE=FF2;3553552]wut? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Huh?

[QUOTE=SantanaMoss83;3553525]I fail[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

[QUOTE=FF2;3553557]Agreed.[/QUOTE]

lol

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3553558]lol[/QUOTE]

Trolololololololo

All Pro
    i know i'm completely biased, but...

i totally agree. it seems like they want to stand out and be different, but it doesn't work when everyone else is doing the exact same thing. i personally don't see what the big deal is with mccoy anyways. i didn't watch the team consistently, but every time i saw him on the field, he was a non factor. the only time i've ever seen him make a big play was in a highlight package. and watching most husker games, i saw suh dominate on a consistent basis. teams game planned around him and he STILL made an impact. he reminds me a lot of jenkins. smaller and not AS strong (pretty close though), but much faster. i've seen him chase rb's down across the field and make it look easy.

edit: just look at this. this is HIS stats vs other big name teams entire DL.
    [QUOTE]Alabama D-Line

98 Tkl, 23.5 TFL, 9.5 Sk, 20 QBH, 5 PBU, 0 Int, 1 FF, 3 Blk

Florida D-Line

112 Tkl, 33 TFL, 14 Sk, 48 QBH, 5 PBU, 0 Int, 1 FF, 0 Blk

Texas D-Line

116 Tkl, 25.5 TFL, 15.5 Sk, 10 QBH, 7 PBU, 0 Int, 2 FF, 0 Blk

Ndamukong Suh

82 Tkl, 23 TFL, 12 Sk, 24 QBH, 10 PBU, 1 Int, 1 FF, 3 Blk[/QUOTE]

it's just stupid when you look at those comparisons. and keep in mind, terrence cody is on that alabama DL. and 12 Sk and 24 QBH? yet, he's not as good at rushing the passer? give me a break.
    Last edited by Megalomaniac; 04-11-2010 at 01:52 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SantanaMoss83;3553525]I go onto espn.com today and see that scouts inc. has re arranged their top prospects list and now has placed Gerald McCoy as the #1 prospect. Am I the only one that thinks this is ridiculous? I think he is far inferior to Suh in terms of strenght, block shedding, leverage, motor and I'm not buying all this talk of Mccoy being a much better athlete. But what this really all comes down to is the ridiculousness of the hype machine that is the nfl draft evaluation process. I fail to see how the vast majority can project McCoy to be a much better pass rusher in the pros, when Suh was superior statistically on a much less talented team in college. I'm not one to use combine numbers as a perfect barometer for pro transition but Mccoys 23 bench reps is pathetic for an Elite DT prospect.

Discuss[/QUOTE]

time to change your avatar....and move this thread to the draft forum....

the only way this thread belongs here is if McCoy's got a hot sister with great knockers...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3553681]time to change your avatar....and move this thread to the draft forum....

the only way this thread belongs here is if McCoy's got a hot sister with great knockers...[/QUOTE]

:applause:

...or perhaps a squirrel infestation.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;3553681]time to change your avatar....and move this thread to the draft forum....

the only way this thread belongs here is if McCoy's got a hot sister with great knockers...[/QUOTE]

Someone has to go over to the Draft Forum and post something about doots to even things out.

The next thread "Weatherman/Fortune Teller who is more accurate?"