Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We're going DL or CB at #29

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    I don't know where we are going, but I know we need more help on O than D.
    The only thing that we need on O is a slot receiver. Dexter McCluster would fill this need in the 2nd IMO. Id rather go for a player that can make our D go from the best in the league to bsolutely dominant

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    I expect both Odrick and McCourty to be gone by 29. McCourty could go anywhere from 18-24 easily.

I expect a CB run... and probably so did the Jets, which is why they went for Cro via trade. the CBs available at 29 will be of the Chris Cook variety... JMO.
    Honestly Bit, who are you expecting the Jets to take at 29?

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Dan Williams is exactly what we need. Very similar to Kelly Gregg, just bigger and more talented.

He is extremely active, stout on the point of attack, good mobility to get up and down the line of scrimmage. Would fit perfect on the nose. Would also complement Kris Jenkins perfectly.

If Dan falls into the 20s, I would definitely consider trading up and getting him. This dude is a guarantee to be a good player in the NFL. Only thing that could ever hold him back is injury.
    Well said, also the penchant of tenn d lineman translating, etc to the nfl is worth mentioning. . . & We've tapped that pipeline pretty well before w/SEllis. I agree through and through.... Though there are a few players I'd gladly welcome and target with our 1st pick.. And I love to have that position and flexibility.

Practice Squad
    pick 29 should prove to be quite interesting... i am personally hoping that some team falls in love with either tebow or mccoy and decides to move back up into the first to secure their guy. i am sure mikey t can work out a deal with someone who really wants a qb.... i am thinking carolina.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    I expect both Odrick and McCourty to be gone by 29. McCourty could go anywhere from 18-24 easily.

I expect a CB run... and probably so did the Jets, which is why they went for Cro via trade. the CBs available at 29 will be of the Chris Cook variety... JMO.
    If you believe Odrick is not better than a half-season inactive player like Pito, why would he be gone by 29?

Not calling you out Bit, but there seems to be a disconnect here. If Odrick is gone by 29, that means that some team really screwed up. What team do you think that would be? You mentioned he may be better in the 4-3, but I've read that 3-4 teams have targeted him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Blind (but educated) guess. The Jets pick will be one of EThomas, DThomas, Graham, Williams or Odrick.

I know the Jets met with Cody and he may be an option, but I think Tanny would be turned off by having to deal with Alvin Keels again plus the prospects of a holdout with a historically out-of-shape player.
    Last edited by SMC; 04-11-2010 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raysdaone View Post
    Sarcasm? lol
    You think I used enough?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by woodside View Post
    The only thing that we need on O is a slot receiver. Dexter McCluster would fill this need in the 2nd IMO. Id rather go for a player that can make our D go from the best in the league to bsolutely dominant
    I would be surprised if we didn't pick O, at 29.
    Last edited by Apache 51; 04-11-2010 at 08:13 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joe resler View Post
    pick 29 should prove to be quite interesting... i am personally hoping that some team falls in love with either tebow or mccoy and decides to move back up into the first to secure their guy. i am sure mikey t can work out a deal with someone who really wants a qb.... i am thinking carolina.
    Matt Moore played well for the Panthers last year I don't think they are so desperate for a QB. McCoy is a possiblity for them but not in the first round. They'd be totally inept to draft Tebow in round 1 or really at all since there's no way he could even compete with Moore at least for his first couple years trying to learn a pro style offense and reinvent his throwing motion.