Thread: JETS on the clock at 61...Who do you take??

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

JETS on the clock at 61...Who do you take??

Who do you take out of the following and Why?:

Jahvid Best-RB California
    Jonathon dwyer-RB Georgia Tech
    Morgan Brunnett-S-" "
    Dexter Mcluster-WR-Miss
    Jason Worilds-OLB-V Tech
    Brandon Lafell-WR LSU
    Ricky Sapp

I like Worilds personally. I wonder how the Jets feel about him. Jahvid best would be an astounding value pick.

Players that came off right before #61 that I wish for and love(no homo):
    Damian Williams
    Tyson Alaula

Also, toughts on Eric Norwood-OLB in general?? S Carolina
    Last edited by MarkyMarkSanchez; 04-11-2010 at 05:53 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would only take RB if Leon is gone, so that dismisses them right off the bat even if they present good positional value.

McCluster I feel is a little too fragile only being 165 lbs. I would prefer a slot reciever between rounds 4-5 . However, I would take Lafell as a bargaining chip and insurence to Edwards.

This leads me to the other two picks there:
    I would ultimately take Brunnett before Worilds because the Jets have enough players at OLB (albeit they can use a better passrush) and I dont really trust Poole to survive a full season as a starter and Smith isnt a starter either.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tough not to go Best based on value, but McCluster is who this Offense needs

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No to any of them...

I think McCluster and Best may be good players at the next level, but I don't like taking those positions at that spot in the draft.

There are a ton of other guys who will be available who I would rather take. Perrish Cox if we don't take corner in rd 1 or one of the many DL that will be there if we don't go DL in round 1.

Worilds is soft at the point of attack and as good as Sapp looks, he just can't find his way to the QB.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Perrish Cox A LOT at #61 but I still think its a small reach, but factor in pos of need and it makes sense.

WHy didn't I include him in this list? The last time I started a thread on perrish cox it turned into a ****fest. Wanted to keep this thread free and clear of certain boy scouts who think Cox is doomed in the NFL because he missed his curfew by ten minutes.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mccluster, who happens to be who I have the jets taking in the 2nd round in my latest mock. (I do not think leon is going to be back.)

Out of the list it would be Best though. I think he will be gone by 61.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    About the RBs on the list...I happen to agree with Beerfish^^

I doubt Leon is back and I think Tanny will off him even for a 3 or who knows what else if he can-- which would make sense considering some 3rd-4th RBs include:

Gerhart
    Hardesty
    Dixon
    McNight-USC

WRs:
    B White
    E Decker
    Gilyard

CBs I like:

P Cox
    Spievey

Mcluster brings in that same explosiveness as Leon, so that would be a direct replacement IMO.

But if not and Jets decide to go corner(which one ??) or D-line/WR we could use the pick we get for Leon on one of those players above and then steal Blount in the 5th!! Holy !!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post
    I like Perrish Cox A LOT at #61 but I still think its a small reach, but factor in pos of need and it makes sense.

WHy didn't I include him in this list? The last time I started a thread on perrish cox it turned into a ****fest. Wanted to keep this thread free and clear of certain boy scouts who think Cox is doomed in the NFL because he missed his curfew by ten minutes.
    Reach and positioning is always debatable because nobody truly knows if a team is willing to take him, and where.

Point is Cox played EXTREMELY well at the senior bowl practices and showed the hips to stay with anyone.

He also was asked by OK st to match up with the top receiver a lot of the time and he did extremely well with that.

If he's going to be a good player in the pros, screw trying to get the positioning perfect and just take him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on who we take at 29...

If its a WR then i'd go with Ricky Sapp with 61...

I though the guy was going to be a sleeper in this draft but people have woke up...I highly doubt he's on the board for us at 61...I am about 70% confident the Pats are going to snag him...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I say Best because he has no business being there at 61. Too good to pass up.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    rick sapp will not be there at 61.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    McCluster would be really nice...it'd make up for no Harvin last year.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take Best, then trade Leon and our 3rd rounder to move up in the 3rd round for a Jordan Shipley or a Riley Cooper or someone that Westhoff is banging his cane on the table for. Special teams needs a big time boost.