Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ***Official "(2) New Jersey Devils vs. (7) Philadelphia Flyers" Thread***

***Official "(2) New Jersey Devils vs. (7) Philadelphia Flyers" Thread***

LET'S GO DEVILS

Game 1: Wednesday, April 14, 7:30 pm @ New Jersey

Game 2: Friday, April 16, 7:30 pm @ New Jersey

Game 3: Sunday, April 18, 6:00 pm @ Philadelphia

Game 4: Tuesday, April 20, 7:30 pm @ Philadelphia

Game 5 (if necessary): Thursday, April 22, 7:00 pm @ New Jersey

Game 6 (if necessary): Sunday, April 25, TBA @ Philadelphia

Game 7 (if necessary): Tuesday, April 27, 7:30 pm @ New Jersey
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 04-12-2010 at 12:52 AM.

Series schedule now posted...

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

Veteran
    I will be there along with section314

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Does anyone know if there's an online stream?
    I'm stuck with the F****** Penguins game!

What a ****ing frustrating game. We ****ing controlled that game from start to finish and still lost.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    What a ****ing frustrating game. We ****ing controlled that game from start to finish and still lost.
    Yeah that was awful...they need to change lines like Mike Richards, they will get more 2 on 1s that way. What an awful game. At least I feel like they cant catch any less breaks the next game. The power play though remains a disgrace. The flyers have an aggressive kill and break up passes, just throw the puck at the net!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjetsman28 View Post
    Yeah that was awful...they need to change lines like Mike Richards, they will get more 2 on 1s that way. What an awful game. At least I feel like they cant catch any less breaks the next game. The power play though remains a disgrace. The flyers have an aggressive kill and break up passes, just throw the puck at the net!!!!!!
    Yep, the power play was atrocious. No way you should lose a game when you allow only 14 shots. A ton of bad breaks, but still unacceptable. And I couldn't agree more, just put the damn puck on net. It's Brian friggin' Boucher back there, you're going to score some goals.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I was at this game last night, I'm shocked the Devils didn't win as I thought they dominated. A couple of things though, Philly goalie was on fire...Devils are way too choosy about their shots... too many botched passes...Kovulchuk is phenominal even though he had an off game, that guy is amazing on skates...Parise worked his ass off all night

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I was at this game last night, I'm shocked the Devils didn't win as I thought they dominated. A couple of things though, Philly goalie was on fire...Devils are way too choosy about their shots... too many botched passes...Kovulchuk is phenominal even though he had an off game, that guy is amazing on skates...Parise worked his ass off all night
    Bingo. They just need to put the puck on net. They're going to score if they just start shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Thankfully it was game one and I can tell you're just trying to look at the positives.

Since I dvr'd it, I was able to watch it through and then go back.

As others have said, we must have skipped over at least 15 shots last night.

I don't think I can take another series like the Hurricanes last year.

Between Game 4 & Game 7, I was pretty heart broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    Thankfully it was game one and I can tell you're just trying to look at the positives.

Since I dvr'd it, I was able to watch it through and then go back.

As others have said, we must have skipped over at least 15 shots last night.

I don't think I can take another series like the Hurricanes last year.

Between Game 4 & Game 7, I was pretty heart broken.
    Agreed, last years series against the Canes was absolutely brutal. I really don't want a repeat of that. Hopefully tomorrow night, the Devs come out with the same solid defensive play, but more aggression on the offensive end. Shoot, shoot, shoot, and shoot some more. We're bound to start getting some bounces and Boucher is a lock to leave some juicy rebounds out there for the taking. I'm not all that nervous seeing how they really didn't play a bad game last night. I think the Devs come out hot tomorrow and pick up a comfortable 4-1 win.

Agreed, last years series against the Canes was absolutely brutal. I really don't want a repeat of that. Hopefully tomorrow night, the Devs come out with the same solid defensive play, but more aggression on the offensive end. Shoot, shoot, shoot, and shoot some more. We're bound to start getting some bounces and Boucher is a lock to leave some juicy rebounds out there for the taking. I'm not all that nervous seeing how they really didn't play a bad game last night. I think the Devs come out hot tomorrow and pick up a comfortable 4-1 win.
    I hope you are right, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    I hope you are right, sir.
    Me too, my friend. I'm feeling a big game from Langenbrunner. If he gets hot, this team will be tough to beat and primed for a long run.
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 04-15-2010 at 06:55 PM.

Me too, my friend. I'm feeling a big game from Langenbrunner. If he gets hot, this team will be tough to beat and primed for a long run.
    Really, that's not farfetched.

Also, can we try running a PP set from behind the net...

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

Ha! Parise opens up the scoring.

Everyone but me is at this game because I had to work.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    YES.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Nice effort from Zack tonight. Finally an Ilya sighting. Nice!