Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ***Official "(2) New Jersey Devils vs. (7) Philadelphia Flyers" Thread***

I'm hoping to see Pandolfo dressed and also Skoula back in for Fraser tonight.

Pathetic.

I can't even watch this **** anymore. What a disgrace. The refs suck and Philthy dives like a bunch of pussies, but I'm not going to sit here and make excuses. Devils played like **** once again, plain and simple.

ad;faj;kldfj;akldsjf a;dkjfa;dkjf a;kfnfjdnbjn jnjndfiewonwewkrj lkjsdgaokdmv adkfaf a;df j;lkjdf a;kdj afjds; fjadslfjirgji nfi nainf idang ;aiodng a;sidfj iadjf aidn gadkgafdgj faidfjij ijijef ijasdkf aj;adsij a;oigj fng;sj ibgn boifn;sfodij vg;oifadng;iofj ;igjm;gibn;i ;adfj;aisdf jadif ja;fidjiiafj;a

It appears another post-season is coming to an end far too early. This game made be sick. Thank god the Yanks are on late tonight. It's helping to cheer me up a bit.

simply awful again. they hardly tested Boucher...the guy is a scrub. Most of the 28 shots that reached him were from long distance, right into the body and not shot very hard. They had 25 shots blocked and 18 missed the net!!! That is pathetic. the Flyers forecheck has been good and the devils can't handle it. They set up in their own zone with two forwards just sitting on the blue line and they make no adjustment, skate into the slot or the circle and fire at the pads and force some rebounds!!!! they insist on just holding the puck and trying to pass around to free up a shot from the point.....ugh im disgusted. I will be shocked if they are still alive after Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjetsman28 View Post
    simply awful again. they hardly tested Boucher...the guy is a scrub. Most of the 28 shots that reached him were from long distance, right into the body and not shot very hard. They had 25 shots blocked and 18 missed the net!!! That is pathetic. the Flyers forecheck has been good and the devils can't handle it. They set up in their own zone with two forwards just sitting on the blue line and they make no adjustment, skate into the slot or the circle and fire at the pads and force some rebounds!!!! they insist on just holding the puck and trying to pass around to free up a shot from the point.....ugh im disgusted. I will be shocked if they are still alive after Thursday
    Lemaire definitely deserves a lot of blame and I think it's likely that he gets canned after this. Lou certainly isn't shy about pulling the trigger on coaching changes. So many guys deserve blame really. Ever since the Olympic break Langenbrunner has absolutely sucked IMO. I'm willing to bet he gets the "C" stripped off his chest. Despite his 2 PP goals in game 3, Rolston has looked bad. Niedermayer, Clarkson, the list goes on. I am against the **** that Kovy has been taking. He's been one of the best players on the ice for us this series IMO. Him, Zubrus, and Greene have actually played well.

That a boy Lou...

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...amoriello.html

Politi: Furious Lou Lamoriello lets Devils know results against Flyers are unacceptable

By Steve Politi/Star-Ledger Columnist
    April 21, 2010, 11:11PM

Lou Lamoriello, above, built three Cup winners on defense, discipline and desire, and the Devils showed little of the three in those final minutes of the Game 4 loss to the Flyers, says Steve Politi.The jelly jar hit the wall in the visiting dressing room at the Wachovia Center hard, smashing into bits and leaving chunks of goo on the designer suits belonging to the Devils players.

The incident itself was not a surprise. Given the poor effort late in Game 4 and the 3-1 deficit to a Flyers team that barely made the postseason, a few of the players probably wanted to trash the place themselves.

But the source of the flying jam was not in a uniform. It was a furious Lou Lamoriello who punctuated a tirade at the coaches by grabbing the jar off the postgame spread and hurling it to its sticky end.

The mess was cleaned up before most of the players got out of the nearby locker room, according to several people around the team who did not want to incur the team general manager’s wrath by talking about it.

The message, however, was obvious to everyone: Lamoriello had built this team with a fourth Stanley Cup championship in mind, not an unthinkable third straight exit in the first round.

The results in this series are not merely shocking. They are unacceptable to the man in charge.

“This is not easy on anybody, put it that way,” said goaltender Martin Brodeur, who said he heard about the postgame incident but did not see the damage. “We worked really hard to be in the position we were in to start the playoffs, and to see it disappear, it’s tough on everybody.”

Lamoriello refused to confirm or deny his moment of anger, falling back on oft-repeated refrain in sports: “What happens in the locker room happens there,” the Devils czar said.

He could hardly be faulted for his disgust. It is one thing for the Devils to fall behind 3-1 in the first round, even against a team that had to qualify for the playoffs on the final day.

It is another entirely to lose the way they did in Game 4, to see a two-goal deficit in the third period and give up. Head coach Jacques Lemaire admitted as much today: The Devils, hit with adversity on the road, thought the deficit was too big. They quit trying.

That has to be the worst thing anyone could say about a Lamoriello team. He built three Cup winners on defense, discipline and desire, and the Devils showed little of the three in those final minutes.

“Nobody is feeling sorry for ourselves,” Lamoriello said. “Nobody is looking left or right at each other. We just have to find a way to get it done.”

The Devils are a win-now team that is not winning now. They are 5-14 in their last 19 playoff games, and since last winning the Cup in 2003, have reached the second round just twice.

They have a beautiful new building that rakes in more than $1 million each playoff game. But the franchise that played 73 games in May and June from 1994 to 2003 has just had seven games in May since then, and it doesn’t look like they’ll be turning the calendar this spring, either.

The players fielded questions today about the Devils team that overcame the 3-1 deficit to the Flyers in the conference finals 10 years ago, about whether they can repeat that starting Thursday night.

The sad truth is, most of the Devils are only familiar with losing to a lower-seeded team early in the playoffs. For the young players on this team, that stirring comeback in Philly might as well have happened in the Original Six days. This is the only postseason they know.

“I don’t think you ever look back,” Lamoriello said. “Our focus, it’s not on where we are or what our situation is. It’s on what we can do about it.”

But what can they do about it? Lamoriello thought he had addressed his team’s biggest deficiency, adding an elite goal-scorer in Ilya Kovalchuk during the season and giving up promising young players to do it.

Kovalchuk added $1.5 million in salary to the payroll, and since he is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season, is almost certainly a one-year rental. The GM did it with the expectation that this team would be a contender, not the latest first-round flop.

Lamoriello failed to upgrade the team at center and, most glaringly, on defense, areas that have been exposed this series. He laughed at a question about the window closing on the Brodeur Era — “How can he be aging? He won 45 games!” he said — but the backbone of his team is almost 38.

Maybe the Devils can feed off the fury of their boss and win three straight games, something they haven’t done in 2010. Maybe that smashed jelly jar will be the turning point, just like an overturned garbage can by then-coach Larry Robinson sparked the comeback 10 years ago.

For now, it’s just another mess, just like the team itself.

Steve Politi may be reached at spoliti@starledger.com, or follow him at Twitter.com/NJ_StevePoliti

Interesting...

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...arter_and.html

No joke, Flyers' Jeff Carter and Simon Gagne will both undergo surgery

By Rich Chere/The Star-Ledger
    April 21, 2010, 6:45PM

Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren broke the news in a conference call with reporters that forwards Simon Gagne and Jeff Carter will be lost for the remainder of the playoff series with the Devils and beyond, as both will undergo surgery for injuries.

The Devils had earlier in the day expressed doubt about the status of both players, but the transcript of Holmgren's conference call makes it pretty clear Gagne and Carter are finished for the immediate future:

Holmgren: “Both Simon and Jeff will have surgeries done on Friday by Dr. Steven Raikin at the Riverview Surgery Center located in the Navy Yard in Philadelphia. Simon is going to have to have two screws put into his right big toe. This process will probably expedite the healing a little bit for Simon, and possible recovery time, we’re looking at maybe getting him back in the lineup in three weeks. Jeff Carter will have a plate inserted into the shaft of his metatarsal of the second toe on his right foot. This is a little bit more delicate process and Jeff will have to be on crutches for approximately six weeks.”

Q: You said six weeks for Carter on crutches – is he done for the playoffs?

“Well, he’s on crutches for six weeks, and six weeks from now would put us in the Finals, so I would think so. We’ll remain optimistic to that point, but that’s obviously a long shot given that he won’t have skated in that timeframe.”

Q: How do you expect your team to react to this on the ice?

“I expect us to react in a positive way. I think injuries happen over the course of the season and in playoffs. It’s happened to a number of teams already in this playoff. It gives the opportunity to other players, whoever that may be – whether it’s Claude Giroux or Ville Leino, somebody’s going to get more ice time and put in different roles that perhaps weren’t given before. So certainly there’s opportunity for other players. We haven’t used injuries as an excuse the whole year and we certainly aren’t going to start now. I expect our players to play their best and we’ll see what happens.”

Q: Will David Laliberte be filling one of these two spots?

“You’re asking the wrong guy. That’s the coach’s job to put the players he wants on the ice. He’s certainly an option.”

Q: Is this kind of fate biting you guys a little bit considering that you’re blocking shots all over the ice?

“A couple of our guys, Betts and Lappy, block shots different ways. They slide to block shots… Ian obviously had a horrible injury earlier in the year. It’s just one of those things. We’re in the playoffs, guys want to do whatever it takes to win. This is just something that happens, and we’ll deal with it.”

Q: Can you explain a little bit about the surgery Jeff is going to have? Can you explain where that bone is on your foot?

“It’s probably right around the laces. It’s a non-displaced fracture, so first of all both these players are going to make complete recoveries. But just to expedite the healing process, they need to go in and put a plate in there. It’s the metatarsal of the second toe. It hit him on the laces, basically. You could see it clearly in the X-ray that it was broken and we did some further tests and looked at a lot of different things today before we came to the conclusion that surgery was the best option for both players.”

Q: Are you surprised that Jeff was able to play a couple shifts after that?

“I’m not sure he did play after that. If he did, I’m not surprised because your boot kind of keeps things in place, and as I said before I think Jeff’s a pretty tough kid. Once the skate came off, we figured something was wrong there.”

Q: Can you talk about Ville Leino a bit and the part of the game you like?

“I think Ville, when he’s had the opportunity to play for our team this year, I think he’s played very well. He’s a good player in the offensive zone, controlling the puck and making plays. When we picked him up in the trade from Detroit there, I thought if we ever got to the point that he got an opportunity to play with some of our skilled players, that he could excel because he is a skilled player. And he’s going to get his opportunity tomorrow.”

Q: You said you looked at other options, especially with Carter. Was there any chance you looked at both these injuries and thought if you did not go to surgery that either might be able to play?

“We talked about a lot of things. Is it something we can just freeze up for the game, can the players play… I mean, both these guys wanted to play. This was the last bit of news they wanted to hear, was surgery and they’re going to be out any length of time in the playoffs. When you’re a hockey player you want to play in the playoffs. Both these young men are now not going to play for quite some time, and I’m sure it’s devastating to them. So when I say looked at all options, we looked at it moving forward, and in their best interests long term this is the route we’re going to go.”

Q: Did you say Simon would begin skating in three weeks or he might be able to play in three weeks?

“Well, it’s a little bit similar to Jeff. I think once the surgery is done we’ll be able to take a look at it in a week’s time or ten days time and see how much healing is going on. Jeff, the injury he had prior to this one, I think he missed 17 days if I’m not mistaken. One of the reasons was that he had good healing going on in there, and the doctors didn’t believe he was in a position where he could do any further damage if he went back and played. It was just dealing with the pain. That’s kind of what we’ll be looking at with Simon."

Q: Do you feel like the players need to be told or do you think they already believe that they can withstand something like this?

“Other than coming up on the bus here I didn’t get a chance to talk to many guys, but we’re going to go to dinner tonight as a team. We’re still facing the same task at hand – in order to advance to the next round we need to win a game. That’s our objective. Those players that have been playing still want that, and the new players that are going to go into the lineup, they’ve been around here and they want the same thing. As I said earlier, there are a couple players that are going to get opportunities to play that haven’t played yet, and there are players that have been playing who are going to get a chance to play a more significant role without two players that play in the situations that Jeff and Simon play in. I’m not worried about that – I think we’ll march on here. We need to put our best foot forward tomorrow, and I expect we’ll do that.”

Good to know Lou was screaming...wish it would have happened after game 3. Carter and Gange out will hurt Philly, but it will still be up to the Devils to be the aggressive team and generate quality scoring chances. Maybe they can pull off game 5 and carry the momentum into philly to set up a game 7 at the Rock. Longshot, but not impossible in the NHL.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjetsman28 View Post
    Good to know Lou was screaming...wish it would have happened after game 3. Carter and Gange out will hurt Philly, but it will still be up to the Devils to be the aggressive team and generate quality scoring chances. Maybe they can pull off game 5 and carry the momentum into philly to set up a game 7 at the Rock. Longshot, but not impossible in the NHL.
    Yea, I think they probably win tonight and then who knows what they can do in a game 6. The injuries certainly help, but they still need to greatly step up their level of play and get it done. I've gotten a lot of frustration out of my system and am ready to keep the faith and root this team on for 3 wins in a row.

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Yea, I think they probably win tonight and then who knows what they can do in a game 6. The injuries certainly help, but they still need to greatly step up their level of play and get it done. I've gotten a lot of frustration out of my system and am ready to keep the faith and root this team on for 3 wins in a row.

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!
    Not much faith here.

If Langenbrunner stops being such a f*cking pu$$y tonight, maybe, just maybe I'll have faith going into game 6.

Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    Not much faith here.

If Langenbrunner stops being such a f*cking pu$$y tonight, maybe, just maybe I'll have faith going into game 6.

Maybe.
    I hear ya. He's been pathetic thus far and really since the Olympics.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    LET'S GO DEVILS

time to get in your DeLorean and go back to the year 2000 LETS GO DEVILS!!!!!

Absolutely ****ing pathetic.

I'm happy with the Jets first round pick.

I have a lot to say about the Devils. But I won't kill my buzz and I don't have the opportunity to kill the people I'd like to instead...

What a ****ing joke...

All League
    What happens with Kovalchuk now?