Thread: Who will bust?

Who will bust?

Saw this thread on another forum and thought it was interesting. We always talk about who we think are going to be great in the NFL, but who do you think is going to be a bust this year?

Banned
    Ron Jeremy

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Ron Jeremy
    He asked who is going to be a bust this year, not who is going to bust this year.

Shouldn't the title read, "Who will Gholston"?

All League
    Sam Bradford
    Taylor Mays
    Bruce Campbell
    Jason Pierre-Paul

Guarantees:

Odrick (Zero strength at the point of attack)
    Cody (No balance, and little strength at the point despite his size)
    Bruce Campbell (HOrrible leverage and feel)
    Clausen (Very slow in the pocket with little awareness, will take a ton of sacks)
    Dunlap (Just no interest in getting involved too often)
    Tebow (Just won't work in the pros with that unbelievably slow delivery)

Probable busts:

Sergio Kindle ( Strength isn't there and he'd rather not get involved)
    Kareem Jackson (No hips to turn with the receivers, even considering he has the long speed)
    Corey Wootton (little strength and didn't like to get his nose dirty) Perhaps his injury was worse than it appeared

Anyone overdrafted by the Raiders....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Dez Bryant
    Jason Pierre-Paul
    Demaryius Thomas
    Jimmy Clausen
    Carlos Dunlap

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by intothegreen View Post
    Anyone overdrafted by the Raiders....
    JaMarcus Russell, Darren McFadden, Darrius Heyward-Bey

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Dez Bryant
    Jason Pierre-Paul
    Demaryius Thomas
    Jimmy Clausen
    Carlos Dunlap
    Why will Dez Bryant be a bust?

Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    Why will Dez Bryant be a bust?
    Dez does have questionable speed but his character is a big problem. Forget the stupid off the field stuff, I'm talking about the imaturity he shows on the field. I will promise you this, Dez will be taking a personal foul or two because he can't chill out and keep himself of being too fired up against other players.

Imo, Dez's best case is Keyshawn. A possession guy who can make catches with the ball around him. He has to get the attitude under control though.

I think Thomas will be a star though. That dude has amazing upside. Could be Brandon Marhall, TO or whoever you want to consider.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Dez does have questionable speed but his character is a big problem. Forget the stupid off the field stuff, I'm talking about the imaturity he shows on the field. I will promise you this, Dez will be taking a personal foul or two because he can't chill out and keep himself of being too fired up against other players.

Imo, Dez's best case is Keyshawn. A possession guy who can make catches with the ball around him. He has to get the attitude under control though.

I think Thomas will be a star though. That dude has amazing upside. Could be Brandon Marhall, TO or whoever you want to consider.
    Funny 'cause I think the exact opposite, Bryant will be the next T.O./Marshall and D. Thomas will bust. To each his own.

Jets Insider VIP
    Mark Sanchez

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Shouldn't the title read, "Who will Gholston"?
    Wow I didn't know Gholston went from being a noun (That top 10 pick sucked, he did a Gholston) to a verb (DHB Gholston'd it in the NFL.)

Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    Funny 'cause I think the exact opposite, Bryant will be the next T.O./Marshall and D. Thomas will bust. To each his own.
    +1

Like TO and Marshall, Bryant is falling for perceptions of character. Really it's just the "diva" WR "all eyes on me" personality.

Thomas is the guy who's come out of left field from a simple passing offense because he's big and athletic enough for the position. Also, there MIGHT be a tape of him running a 4.38! It's somewhere.

Bryant's clearly the better WR between the two.

Some guesses...this might suck for some:

DeMaryius Thomas (if taken in the first, luckily he won't be. This is why I don't really believe in busts. Could be really good...in a couple years.)

Jason Pierre-Paul (more of a 3rd round type DE talent that needs alot of coaching up. Could be Bobby McCray)

Derrick Morgan and Jerry Hughes (if Hughes is taken as a DE/OLB this is probably definitely true. Morgan might take a while because all 4-3 DEs take a while. He's a good player though, and should be an 6-8 sack guy with good run D in the long run. Morgan might be a Calvin Pace type. I like his game and it should translate well but DE is not an easy position...I think a 3rd/4th round DE is as likely to give you a high impact rookie year as a 1st roud DE (maybe I should study that) and I heard busting or not is based on the first couple years or so)

One of the two injured TEs won't have a career as good as they could/should have. I really like Gronkowski and Gresham, but one of them is going to disappoint. Maybe.

This is why picking busts sucks...I could probably explain why anybody in this draft is likely to bust...it takes a long time to pick our true busts and even then most stories are exaggerated...also many/most true busts are either injury or crime related.

Veteran
    Taylor Mays

It's really hard to tell who will pan out in the NFL. If you take any given draft class most of the first round choices are out of the league within 3 years.