Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: demaryius bey bey thomas update

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

demaryius bey bey thomas update

was with him again 2day... he told me again he thinks the dolphins are grabbing him... he also said if he is on the board when the ravens pick he thinks 100% they will take him...

it was cool discussing with him his meeting with tanny and rex....He absolutely love Rex .. its so great we have a coach that everyone wants to play for....

a few side notes in person Demaryius is really a big WR he has huge hands another thing its very hard to judge his numbers the guy basically played in a wish bone offense which a torture for a WR... on the flip side Golden Tate is really really small... looks like 5'8

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did they find the The Tape yet?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really hope he's gone by the time we go on the clock. I know a lot of people have fallen in love with the guy but he's not what we need. Thomas has all the physical tools but is very raw. He's going to be a classic case of taking a good three years to come into his own, if he does at all.

I really don't have a good feeling about any of the supposed 1st round WR's.

Dez Bryant fits the diva receiver model to a tee and has been known to show
    up not only late to meetings and practices, but to actual games as well.

Golden Tate would be a solid option out of the slot, but I don't really see him as a valuable pick at #29 like so many others do. He's really a poor mans version of Percy Harvin. I'd like to have him, but not in the 1st round. Someone will take him in the Top 35. Not sure if I want it to be us.

This is why I would favor taking a receiver as high as #61, but not in the 1st.

Someone like LaFell, Williams, Benn, McCluster, Gilyard, or Cooper is bound to be there when we pick in the 2nd round, or at least in our vicinity.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I really hope he's gone by the time we go on the clock. I know a lot of people have fallen in love with the guy but he's not what we need. Thomas has all the physical tools but is very raw. He's going to be a classic case of taking a good three years to come into his own, if he does at all.

Golden Tate would be a solid option out of the slot, but I don't really see him as a valuable pick at #29 like so many others do. He's really a poor mans version of Percy Harvin. I'd like to have him, but not in the 1st round. Someone will take him in the Top 35. Not sure if I want it to be us.

Someone like LaFell, Williams, Benn, McCluster, Gilyard, or Cooper is bound to be there when we pick in the 2nd round, or at least in our vicinity.
    i keep going back and forth on tate... he is a smart kid which i like and has great ability in the open field and to come down with some tough catches... what really scares me is his ability to get off the line of scrimmage and separate with these bigger corners in the league like i said he is really small and not nearly as built as harvin but he will get stronger with time....

i really want erik decker i just but feel like the late second is to early and he wont be there in the 4th... on that note the jets are one of only 3 teams that i have not talked to him at all

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea of Riley Cooper in the 2nd. Murphy probably opened some eyes to the Florida WRs with similar size and athleticism that aren't really featured. They're both pretty well coached at the position, have plus athleticism, and are very, very good run blockers. He's be a solid option..and I think he'll be one early too.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    I like the idea of Riley Cooper in the 2nd. Murphy probably opened some eyes to the Florida WRs with similar size and athleticism that aren't really featured. They're both pretty well coached at the position, have plus athleticism, and are very, very good run blockers. He's be a solid option..and I think he'll be one early too.
    Do you think the second is too high? I thought he was a 4th rounder, in which case I would definately consider him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intothegreen View Post
    Do you think the second is too high? I thought he was a 4th rounder, in which case I would definately consider him.
    4th is what I was thinking, but if it took the 2nd then what can I say. He's a pretty good bet to be a solid player and a good STs and that's two things we're targeting anyway.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 04-11-2010 at 11:54 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

I really never understand the Harvin/Tate comparison. They really are nothing like eachother outside of body type. Tate is Steve Smith. THey are identical in styles. Harvin is a different player altogether. Tate would be much better on the outside, ala Steve Smith as well.

And Bey Bey scares me... He has unbelievable upside and it's not going to take that long to hit it if he has it in him. The guy is raw because he played in a garbage offense for WR's. Personally I think he's going to be a star. No guarantee with him, but that is my prediction.

I'd rather Bey Bey not go to the Dolphins and I would be mildly surprised that a Parcells team would take him there. He typically goes certian positions.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    With the trade for Holmes I think we can all but take WR off the table in the first 2 rounds.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    With the trade for Holmes I think we can all but take WR off the table in the first 2 rounds.
    I don't think we can say that. Edwards and Holmes are only on one year deals and so there's a good chance that at least one won't be back in 2011. I hope the Jets stick to their board and draft value, regardless of position. Besides, WRs take a year or two to get acclimated to the pro game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    I agree. They made this deal in part because the WR crop was so stanky. as for bey bey he might go to miami... in the 2nd. right now he's deluding himself or his agent is deluding him... no one's gonna take a player with his production and a screw in his foot with a top 15 pick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    I agree. They made this deal in part because the WR crop was so stanky. as for bey bey he might go to miami... in the 2nd. right now he's deluding himself or his agent is deluding him... no one's gonna take a player with his production and a screw in his foot with a top 15 pick.
    yes. didn't want to invest a first rounder in a question mark in thomas or a 2nd round talent. if holmes keeps out of trouble he's a jet next year and braylon is gone. the jets can draft someone in the later rounds for the slot next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    check out this article from 2day out demaryius thomas....

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...p-draft-boards

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe Nolan Nawrocki was reading this message board now have Thomas as number 12!!! that was the first time i have ever seen his name so high up on the draft board

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    just curious on ur thoughts now that Demaryius Thomas was the 1st overall WR taken in the draft.... baltimore was definitely drafting a wr at 25 and i think denver grabbed him at 22 knowing he was coming off board soon.... also that dallas hopped bmore because they were going with dez at that point...

on a side note im really happy for decker and thomas 2 guys who are very close trained together at API all off season get to grow up and play together.. fun story

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gijet View Post
    just curious on ur thoughts now that Demaryius Thomas was the 1st overall WR taken in the draft.... baltimore was definitely drafting a wr at 25 and i think denver grabbed him at 22 knowing he was coming off board soon.... also that dallas hopped bmore because they were going with dez at that point...

on a side note im really happy for decker and thomas 2 guys who are very close trained together at API all off season get to grow up and play together.. fun story
    first wr in teh draft yeh but not top 15 like people thought... kinda weak WR crop.

best case Bey Bey might be like Roddy white. great player but takes 4 years to come around totally. The Jets needed someone right away. the Broncos' window doesn't open for some time, that and Tebow were decent picks... for what they are doing. for the Jets going to AFC CG in 2009 and hopefully better in 2010 they can't rely upon projects.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    e absolutely love Rex

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    just wanted to bump this and say that drafting Wr with bad feet is not smart.

I still think this guy could bounce back and be good 4 years from now. But what a wasted pick for this year. He's already been hurt twice.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    just wanted to bump this and say that drafting Wr with bad feet is not smart.

I still think this guy could bounce back and be good 4 years from now. But what a wasted pick for this year. He's already been hurt twice.
    lol- yep...it'll take his foot four years to heal....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    week two; 8 receptions, 97-yards, 1TD...a wasted pick for 2010...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 09-22-2010 at 11:17 AM.