Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: demaryius bey bey thomas update

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chris Henry can still run a better route tree than Thomas.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Chris Henry can still run a better route tree than Thomas.
    and they both run them better than danario alexander...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    despite his 8 catch 90+ yard day (and a TD). Holmes for a 5th and missing 4 weeks is better than using a 1st on Bey Bey. can we all agree on that?

Thomas' talent was never in question, but i wonder about durabilty. this thread was pre santonio holmes trade (actually happened apr 11) so many Jets fans were desperate for Bey Bey. that trade happened and no one cared any more about 2010 draft WR.

I have nothing personal against this player but guys who can't work out for combine and pro day is too risky for my draft board. I want to see 2 workouts combine and pro day, plus an awards tour of visits. not 0 workouts cause he got hurt. I dont care if it's Bey Bey, Crabtree or whoever (Bradford?). The NFL will hurt these guys more, it's not healthier for anyone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    duh.. ya think

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    despite his 8 catch 90+ yard day (and a TD). Holmes for a 5th and missing 4 weeks is better than using a 1st on Bey Bey. can we all agree on that?

Thomas' talent was never in question, but i wonder about durabilty. this thread was pre santonio holmes trade (actually happened apr 11) so many Jets fans were desperate for Bey Bey. that trade happened and no one cared any more about 2010 draft WR.

I have nothing personal against this player but guys who can't work out for combine and pro day is too risky for my draft board. I want to see 2 workouts combine and pro day, plus an awards tour of visits. not 0 workouts cause he got hurt. I dont care if it's Bey Bey, Crabtree or whoever (Bradford?). The NFL will hurt these guys more, it's not healthier for anyone.

Hmm...you said he'd be like Roddy White and take 4-5 years to develop. Typical Bitonti backpedal/spin.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
    Hmm...you said he'd be like Roddy White and take 4-5 years to develop. Typical Bitonti backpedal/spin.
    One game, albeit a really good game, is not enough to say that guys is polished and an elite WR. Lets see how his progress continues.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

BE Serious

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
    Ok, Bit makes comments of around 300 guys during the draft season. He will get some wrong, as do many of the draft experts. Hell half the time the first round is a crapshoot, and it's gets worse as you move down the draft.

I think Bit's point was, I don't like spending a 1st rounder on a receive, who can't currently run. I felt the same way, and I loved Bebe Thomas at Tech, saw him play live a few times and I watch Tech almost every week.

Early rounds are risk/return picks. Bebe has never run great routes, not my thoughts Former NFL Qback David Archer, and Former Cin Bengal David Pollacks thoughts. I loved Thomas at Tech, but they don't have a developed passing game, all focus is on the run.

Bit surely doesn't need my help defending him, but the backpedal/spin comments are foolish and disingenuous given the amount of valuable information Bit provides to this site.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    First active game... 4/72, 1 TD. Not bad for havin a swiss-knees and atrophy

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    First active game... 4/72, 1 TD. Not bad for havin a swiss-knees and atrophy
    glad to see it...liked him as a player and when i met him at the senior bowl last year then saw him at the combine on crutches he's twice the person...