Thread: 1st round mock with trades, full Jets mock...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

1st round mock with trades, full Jets mock...

1 - St. Louis Rams: Sam Bradford - QB
    Rams seem to have decided that they are taking the QB with the release of Bulger.

2 - Detroit Lions: Ndamakong Suh - DT
    I previously had them taking Okung something that they still might do. I'm assuming Suh is too good to pass up and they have a plan for getting an OT later on.

3 - Tampa Bay: Gerald McCoy - DT
    The ideal situation where need meets best player available.

Trade: Washington trades the 4th pick to Cleveland for 1-7th, 3-85 and 3-92. Cleveland wants to get get ahead of Kansas City as they fear KC will take Clausen.

4 - Cleveland: Jimmy Clausen - QB
    Clausen had a great workout by reports, Delhomme is nothing but a stop gap.

5 - Kansas City: Russell Okung - OT
    Branden Albert will be better inside or at right tackle to help out in run blocking.

Trade: Seattle trades the 6th pick and a 4-127 to Oakland for the 8th pick and 3-69. Oakland wants to jump ahead of Washington knowing that the Redskins will take an OT.

6 - Oakland: Trent Williams - OT
    Oakland needs a LT badly, Al Davis gets a guy with great workout numbers but some production to back up those numbers.

7 - Washington: Brian Bulaga - OT
    The Skins had traded down to get some more picks they still need an OT badly and thus take Bulaga.

8 - Seattle: C.J. Spiller - RB
    The Seahawks also need an OT but with Williams gone they go for the game breaking back with the intent of getting an OT later on.

9 - Buffalo: Dan Williams - DT
    The Bills have a lot of needs but decide to go with a solid guy to anchor the interior of the D-line.

Trade: Jacksonville trades the 10th pick to San Francisco for the 13th pick and 3-79. San Franciso wants to get ahead of Denver to make sure they get Berry.

10 - San Francisco: Eric Berry - S
    San Francisco takes the difference maker at safety.

11 - Denver: Dez Bryant - WR
    Denver has been trying to unload Brandon Marshall. They will need a top end WR if they do trade Marshall.

Miami trades the 12th pick to Tennessee for the 16th pick and 3-77. Tennessee wants to get ahead of Jacksonville to get their choice of DE's.

12 - Tennessee - Derrick Morgan - DE
    The Titans need a pass rushing DE in a bad way.

13 - Jacksonville - Jason Pierre-Paul - DE
    The Jags also badly need a pass rushing DE.

14 - Seattle - Anthony Davis - OT
    The Seahawks get their OT they hope comes close to the player Walter Jones was for them.

15 - New York Giants - Rolando McClain - LB
    The Giants have a few needs, perhaps the biggest being a play making LB.

16 - Miami Dolphins - Earl Thomas - S
    Dolphins were 24th vs the pass last year, Yeremiah Bell is 32 and not great.

Trade: San Francisco trades the 17th pick and 5-145 to Houston for 20th and 3-81. Houston wants to get ahead of Pittsburgh who they fear will take the guy they like.

17 - Houston - Mike Iupati - OG
    Houston had the 30th ranked run offense and need help on the interior o-line.

Pittsburgh trades the 18th pick to San Francisco for the 20th pick, 4-113, 6-182. The Niners after trading down trade back up to get ahead of Atlanta to get the CB of their choice.

18 - San Francisco - Joe Haden - CB
    The Niners after a series of trade downs and ups get the #1 CB on their board. They now have a secondary that should be good for years to come.

19 - Atlanta - Kyle Wilson - CB
    The Falcons lost Dunta Robinson and have a need at CB.

20 - Pittsburgh - Maurkice Pouncey - C/OG
    The Steelers had the 19th rushing offense last year and have had trouble protecting their QB for the last few years. Justin Hartwig is 31 and slowing down.

Trade: Cincinnati trades the 21st pick to Dallas for the 27th pick and 3-90. Dallas wants to get ahead of Green Bay as they both need o-lineman.

21 - Dallas - Charles Brown - OT
    Flozell Adams is gone and Dallas needs a LT badly.

22 - New England - Brandon Graham - OLB
    The Pats need a pass rushing playmaker OLB.

23 - Green Bay - Bruce Campbell - OT
    Aaron Rogers got abused last year. The Packers need help on the o-line.

24 - Philadelphia - Kareem Jackson - CB
    The Eagles need a replacement for Sheldon Brown whom they traded.

25 - Baltimore - Deymarius Thomas - WR
    The Ravens need a WR. They make the risk reward pick of Thomas.

26 - Arizona - Sean Weatherspoon - LB
    The Cards lost Dansby to Miami and thus need a LB.

27 - Cincinnati - Golden Tate - WR
    The Bengals had a terrible passing offense last year and need to give Palmer a weapon other than Ocho Cinco.

28 - San Diego - Ryan Mathews - RB
    The Chargers need a runningback to replace LT.

Trade: The New York Jets trade the 29th pick to Detroit for 2-34 and 4-100. The Lions want to get ahead of Indianapolis to get an o-lineman.

29 - Detroit - Roger Saffold - OT
    The Lions took Suh with their 1st pick and are desperate to get help on the o-line. A lot of teams need help on the o-line and may push some extra o-lineman into the 1st round.

30 - Minnesota - Vladimir Ducasse - OT/OG
    The Vikes running game took a step backwards last year. Three of their o-lineman will be over 30 next year.

31 - Indianapolis - Brian Price - DT
    Price would be an excellent fit for the Colts interior D-line.

32 - New Orleans - Sergio Kindle - LB
    Kindle might be better suited to a 3-4 team but the Saints lost Fujita and Scott Shanle has been around for a while.

New York Jets:

2-34: Jerry Hughes - OLB - TCU
    2-61: Dexter McCluster - WR/RB - Ole Miss
    4-100: Montario Hardesty - RB - Tennessee
    4-124: C.J. Wilson - DE - East Carolina
    5-155: Alterraun Verner - CB - UCLA
    6-198: Harry Coleman - S - LSU
    7-236: Charlie Tanner - OG - Texas

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Growl. I put up this mock and 15 minutes later we trade for Holmes.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol...that does suck.. this looks like it too some time too.... geeez.... well, it still pretty much looks good, i like us trading down out of 29 eitherway....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BLEED JET GREEN View Post
    lol...that does suck.. this looks like it too some time too.... geeez.... well, it still pretty much looks good, i like us trading down out of 29 eitherway....
    I see Tanny doing this with a team wanting to grab McCoy or Tebow....Tanny accumulates an additional pick or two.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would be funny to see Cleveland trade up for a qb after passing on Sanchize last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Polidore22 View Post
    It would be funny to see Cleveland trade up for a qb after passing on Sanchize last year.
    They are 1 of the teams that I have that might. Washington, Cleveland, Buff maybe even Carolina..

Colt McCoy seems like a Holmgren type QB i.e. west coast....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Trade: The New York Jets trade the 29th pick to Detroit for 2-34 and 4-100.
    The added benefit of this is that with the new draft structure, teams will have plenty of time overnight to reassess their needs heading into round 2.

Sitting with the #2 pick on Friday might offer Tanny more options (similiar to how Jets traded up to first pick of Round #3 for Greene after Bradway and the scouts took all night to convince him).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent mock. Trading out of the 1st makes good sense. Hughes is the right player for the Jets, and they can get him in the second round.

Really a good mock.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBear83 View Post
    Excellent mock. Trading out of the 1st makes good sense. Hughes is the right player for the Jets, and they can get him in the second round.

Really a good mock.
    Agree I see you've done quite a bit of thinking in compiling this mock. Getting Hughes in the 2nd after picking up the additional 2nd would be the stuff of legend. we could reload/replenish in a big, big way.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Switch McCluster with Morgan Burnett or Reshad/Chad Jones and this would be an awesome draft IMO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBear83 View Post
    Excellent mock. Trading out of the 1st makes good sense.

... + 2 ...

(edit - i just had a chance to watch some video on hughes ... have to say that i was hoping to see better performance than this from a high 2nd ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7mck...eature=related )

l_j_r
    Last edited by ljr@work; 04-14-2010 at 08:39 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great mock. Sucks you made this right before the Holmes trade. If you put Reshad Jones in place of McCluster, it'd be even better. I'd be happy with Jerry Hughes with the first pick. I'd also be really happy with Linval Joseph there as well. I've always heard how much it sucks to be picking at the end of round 1... It's crazy how talented of a player we could get there or even in the beginning of round 2.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the board fell that way, I think they would take Kindle and run

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace Wright View Post
    Switch McCluster with Morgan Burnett or Reshad/Chad Jones and this would be an awesome draft IMO.
    I had Burnett already gone by that time if I recall and this was before getting Holmes. That might have a major effect on the McCluster pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    If the board fell that way, I think they would take Kindle and run
    Could very well be. In my last mock I think I had the Jets taking kindle and not trading back.