Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Santonio Holmes means no WR in 1st... now what?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    uhh, cough* taylor mays?, Cough-cough*
    YES

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Again, no thanks to McCourty. He had his chance at the senior bowl (practices) and simply couldn't cover the guys anywhere near close to how players like Kyle Wilson, Perrish Cox, and even Patrick RObinson did.

I know people like him because he's a rutgers guy and ran some fast times, but for a corner it's all about the hips, and he simply doesn't show that next level ability to turn with the receivers.
    Charlie Casserly was saying the same thing, not downright ragging on him but putting him behind some of the other CB's despite the great combine.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    Jets are definitely drafting defense at 29 now

Anyone who mocks offense to the Jets in that spot is simply not paying attention

Right now I would mock Linval Joseph to the Jets because I really do believe he's a prime candidate
    Even if Joseph is considered a reach at #29, I can't say I'd be against it.

This draft should be all about getting a young stud on the DL and a capable nickelback.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dassin View Post
    YES
    +1

I wouldn't turn down Mays at this point either. Still not a fan, but I could see why he might work.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Correction: WR was never a first round need.
    Yeah, Jets saw it as such a low priority to upgrade the receiving corp that they traded for a receiver that had 80/1200
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 04-12-2010 at 01:53 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pass Rusher and Safety = Superbowl.

Tell Jason Taylor to GFY, and address those 2 needs, please.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Yeah, Jets saw it as such a low priority to upgrade the receiving corp that they traded for a receiver that had 80/1200
    ...for a 2011 5th round pick...I'm pretty sure even I, the WR hater, would part with that for a 26 year old with Holmes' talent...it's not as if this is a first on the drafts 2-5 best WR or a 2nd for Brandon Marshall...Oh, and we get him after he got himself into some trouble that leaves him one strike away from from a 16 game suspension.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 04-12-2010 at 01:58 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I smell a...

TRADE DOWN!!! This is the year for it, Tanny is feeling lucky and there's no way we can mess up, Taylor and Holmes were the last two missing pieces. Now we can go two ways, trade up for an impact player or trade down and do some stockpiling in this deep draft. We will need to make up for that 5th rounder. I',m thinking the caliber of players that will be attractive at 29 can be there 10, 15 spots later. Why reach when you can trade down a little and come out smelling like a rose. If there's a player out there like a Revis or a Harris or a Greene then go for it, but I just think it would be so cool to buck the trend this year and do what no one expects you to do, be bold, stockpile and actually hit on your picks... That would be monumentally huge for us and the momentum this year tells me it will happen, we can't be stopped!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

I wouldn't turn down Mays at this point either. Still not a fan, but I could see why he might work.
    I have a friend who plays for SC. Its not only WRs he hits...but the juicey juice as well. Won't fly in the NFL

I'm not too concerned about the Jets picking mays anyways. Especially after hearing papadakis interview our DB Coach after spending time with mays(former SC MVP champ).

Edit-trade back with KC and pick up hughes. I don't care about how much money we have tied in at OLB I want this team to get to the ****ing QB. Then pick up a (maybe 4th) most likely 5th from KC and draft Blount. Now draft a CB(NB) orSafety in the 4th. Alaula with the other second.

So OLB, DE, CB/S, RB, CB, FB
    Last edited by MarkyMarkSanchez; 04-12-2010 at 02:39 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes >>> Any WR in the draft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1FhXtZHyRg

Message to season: Start already.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe we got Holmes for a 5th rounder, that's unreal.

Now:

-Get Jason Taylor signed
    -Trade Leon Washington if he won't sign the 2nd round tender
    -Draft Kyle Wilson in the 1st

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sign Taylor and Draft Everson Griffen rd 1..lets get that pass rush dominent.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think D-Line has to be first priority. Address now before it becomes an emergent need which it will be after this season with Ellis and Jenks getting older (and Douglass not even on the team anymore).

I can't see us drafting a third CB in the first round, especially considering we must be planning to sign Cro to a long term deal. We need a 3rd CB bad but I think the need can be met in the 2nd round.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's simple now. BAP defense in first round. Same in 2nd.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    With our most glaring needs addressed through trades I think the Jets may be looking to trade up the board to grab another impact player. It's obvious we are trying to build a team to win now so why draft fillers? We need to plug holes and right now FS & DE are still huge ?????? for us.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

+1

JUST SAY NO TO MAYS!!! Not because he is not a good player but because his game is hitting and busting up WRs. Two things you can't do in the NFL anymore. If Rex is going to blitz the kitchen sink he wants the WRs to be covered.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    TRADE DOWN!!! This is the year for it, Tanny is feeling lucky and there's no way we can mess up, Taylor and Holmes were the last two missing pieces. Now we can go two ways, trade up for an impact player or trade down and do some stockpiling in this deep draft. We will need to make up for that 5th rounder. I',m thinking the caliber of players that will be attractive at 29 can be there 10, 15 spots later. Why reach when you can trade down a little and come out smelling like a rose. If there's a player out there like a Revis or a Harris or a Greene then go for it, but I just think it would be so cool to buck the trend this year and do what no one expects you to do, be bold, stockpile and actually hit on your picks... That would be monumentally huge for us and the momentum this year tells me it will happen, we can't be stopped!

For the first year in awhile, I am totally in agreement with trade down possibilities. There are no glaring needs, and I would love to pick up more pick, specifically for NEXT year. If we could trade out of the first into early in the second, we could pick up a 2nd rounder next year, or if we trade to back into the late second round, we could potentially pick up a first rounder next year!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Kyle Wilson has to be the pick

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Kyle Wilson has to be the pick
    He simply won't be there.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    As Gato said, for a 5th.

Even with a lockout next season, if there is a draft, it has four Dez Bryant's in it.

Not just one.