Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark it down, Jets will trade up in the draft.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark it down, Jets will trade up in the draft.

Only giving up a 5th rounder for Holmes give the Jets tremendous flexibility in the draft now. I would pretty much bet the house that Tanny trades our first rounder and third rounder to leapfrog the Patriots and Ravens to take Jared Odrick who is clearly the best 3-4 DE in the draft....THE LAST pressing need for the Jets.

That leaves the Jets with 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 7th rounders to use on BPA.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan110 View Post
    Only giving up a 5th rounder for Holmes give the Jets tremendous flexibility in the draft now. I would pretty much bet the house that Tanny trades our first rounder and third rounder to leapfrog the Patriots and Ravens to take Jared Odrick who is clearly the best 3-4 DE in the draft....THE LAST pressing need for the Jets.

Last I looked, we don't have a third round pick ...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, **** you're right, eh...fail on my part. Still wouldn't be surprised if Tanny ended up doing something to move up in the draft.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see Tanny/Holmgren working a deal. The Jets 1st year this and a 1st next year and maybe a latter round pick if Eric Berry is still on the board at 7.
    Last edited by Joe W. Namath; 04-12-2010 at 09:27 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I see Tanny/Holmgren working a deal. The Jets 1st year this and a 1st next year and maybe a latter round pick if Eric Berry is still on the board at 7.
    umm... sign me up

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see Tanny/Holmgren working a deal. The Jets 1st year this and next year and maybe a latter round pick if Eric Berry is still on the board at 7.
    That would be sick... wouldn't mind giving up 2 late first rounders for the best Safety prospect since Sean Taylor.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am always adverse to trading two first rounders. It is just an awful lot, however Eric Berry is the closest thing that Rex will get to Ed Reed. I wouldn't be too upset if that is how it went down.

If this were the case, The Jets will need to take a serious look at Alex Carrington of Arkansas St, could be a steal. DE is a position of need at this point.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, I think the more veteran players the Jets acquire, the more of a chance the Jets will trade down and out of the 1st round. They've acuired mor salary with these players. Remember, rookie salaries and signing bonuses are based on the order drafted. Besides, this is a deep draft. No need to trade up.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Actually, I think the more veteran players the Jets acquire, the more of a chance the Jets will trade down and out of the 1st round. They've acuired mor salary with these players. Remember, rookie salaries and signing bonuses are based on the order drafted. Besides, this is a deep draft. No need to trade up.
    Eric Berry is the only player worth trading up to the top 10 picks for. Other then that, I agree with you.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eric Berry is the only player worth trading up to the top 10 picks for. Other then that, I agree with you.
    Is Berry a SS or FS?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

I have said this before but if Graham falls to #17 trade Leon to th 49ers.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark it down, the Jets will trade up but it will be for Kyle Wilson. The Jets are in win-now mode and Wilson gives them someone to cover slot WRs and sets us up should Cromartie demand a boat-load of money next year.

Revis
    Cromartie
    Wilson
    Lowery

That's awesome depth at the CB position. Keep in mind that Rex loves having tons of DBs at his disposal.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the guy I could see the Jets targeting for a trade up. 29 to 7 is an awful long way. I think we'd have to do 1 and 2 this year plus 1 next year

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Is Berry a SS or FS?
    Eric Berry has rotated between SS, FS, and CB. He plays most of his time at SS though. Guy is sick.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

#7 will cost a 1, 2 and 4 at the least.
    The Jets don't need Berry. They need a DE and OLB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i hope not. I like berry, but not as much as i like our options at wideout in rnd 1 next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This may be the last year without a rookie salary cap. Part of the new labor negotiation will be to address top rookies getting mega contracts. Trading up using this years one plus next years one will cost more financially than we may want to spend.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    no trade up this year. this year's draft is about adding quality players to the defense who fit ryan's scheme.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont forsee the Jets trading up in the first. However, I think it is more likely that the Jets trade up to mid-early second to get someone else. Now the Jets have even less holes and even less space on their roster. No need for late round fodder that might not make the team. I think they dispose of a lot of the late round picks and come away with 3 players again.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with getting a pass rusher of some sort, It is vital to the D, or RB.