Thread: First round of the NFL Draft

All League

First round of the NFL Draft

I know this takes place every year but is it 10 minutes between each pick or fifteen? I want to know how long i will be up that night. May just take the next day off if the jets are picking really late. Its my Birthday anyway, like i needed another one

Was 15 changed to 10 last year. I think it is still 10. They probably don't want to go too long during prime time tv.

I hate the changes...

I don't think I mind so much with it being spread over numerous days, I'd just rather the picks be 15 mins. Unfortunately Goodell, who seems hellbent on leaving his mark on the NFL, just listened to those losers who constantly complained about it being too long. The freaking draft happens once a year, people should have been able to suck it up.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    I hate the changes...

I don't think I mind so much with it being spread over numerous days, I'd just rather the picks be 15 mins. Unfortunately Goodell, who seems hellbent on leaving his mark on the NFL, just listened to those losers who constantly complained about it being too long. The freaking draft happens once a year, people should have been able to suck it up.
    what is good about 15 minutes? the worst part of the draft is when the team with the first pick uses up the whole clock to announce their pick even though the 1 pick is usually signed by the time the draft begins.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    what is good about 15 minutes? the worst part of the draft is when the team with the first pick uses up the whole clock to announce their pick even though the 1 pick is usually signed by the time the draft begins.
    So true.

I guess the Jets will pick between 11:30 - 12:00. Does that sound right? Looks like I'm taking Friday off

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    I just enjoy the most discussion possible about the prospects. I even like the coach and GM interviews throughout the draft.

Cutting it down means the networks had to cram stuff in.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    So true.

I guess the Jets will pick between 11:30 - 12:00. Does that sound right? Looks like I'm taking Friday off
    Bradford will be signed 2 days before the draft. They'll announce him with like 2 minutes on the clock...argh.

The 29th pick will probably be around 11:30 and knowing my luck, they'll trade back into the second round/saturday.