Thread: another osu olb?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

another osu olb?

Do the jets take Thaddeus Gibson considering the Vernon gholston effect? What do you think draft guys? I've been hearing a lot about this Guy lately and his skills...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Do the jets take Thaddeus Gibson considering the Vernon gholston effect? What do you think draft guys? I've been hearing a lot about this Guy lately and his skills...
    Not sure what you are going for here. Perhaps the responses along the lines of "OMG NO WAY, GHOST SUCKS AND ALL DE'S FROM OSU SUCKZ." I'm going to assume you are actually curious about the player.

It is completely stupid to base anything you see out of Gibson on Vernon Gholston. Those concepts just make no sense.

You evaluate the player the same you would evaluate anyone else. In his case, you try to judge playing strength, quickness, willingness to get involved and get the nose dirty, and overall instincts. Same stuff as always.

That said, I'm not crazy about Gibson. Doesn't have next level quickness despite being on the small side and he doesn't show any other great quaility that makes you think he could turn into a difference maker. Good strength at the point which I like, but the pass rushing ability is the reason you would draft him and I don't see special anything in regards to that.
    Last edited by jetsfan1983; 04-12-2010 at 10:41 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Not sure what you are going for here. Perhaps the responses along the lines of "OMG NO WAY, GHOST SUCKS AND ALL DE'S FROM OSU SUCKZ." I'm going to assume you are actually curious about the player.

It is completely stupid to base anything you see out of Gibson on Vernon Gholston. Those concepts just make no sense.

You evaluate the player the same you would evaluate anyone else. In his case, you try to judge playing strength, quickness, willingness to get involved and get the nose dirty, and overall instincts. Same stuff as always.

That said, I'm not crazy about Gibson. Doesn't have next level quickness despite being on the small side and he doesn't show any other great quaility that makes you think he could turn into a difference maker. Good strength at the point which I like, but the pass rushing ability is the reason you would draft him and I don't see special anything in regards to that.
    I'm not going anywhere just asked about the player and if anyone thinks the Vernon Gholston pick would make them think twice on picking an OSU OLB again thats all...