Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 133

Thread: If the Jets select Cody in the first will CBTNY commit suicide...

  1. #61
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    As for the 1st, 2nd round thing, if someone told you this guy is hands down gonna be Ted Washington/Jenkins would you risk losing him by trying to get a steal in the 2nd? I assume Ozzie is smarter than that.
    its just a matter of knowing the market. Cody won't even be the draft boards for most 4-3 teams... supply and demand, Ozzie didn't want to overpay for this player.

  2. #62
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    its just a matter of knowing the market. Cody won't even be the draft boards for most 4-3 teams... supply and demand, Ozzie didn't want to overpay for this player.
    in one post you claim Cody is the best NT to enter the draft in some time yet you now claim Newsome did not want to "overpay" for this player....

    yet with more and more teams moving to the 3-4 the demand for NT's is higher than it has been at any time the past half dozen years and outstrips the supply....so which is it???
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 06-08-2010 at 02:35 PM.

  3. #63
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    its just a matter of knowing the market. Cody won't even be the draft boards for most 4-3 teams... supply and demand, Ozzie didn't want to overpay for this player.
    This isn't 2001 and 3-4 NTs, as you have mentioned many times, don't grow on trees so you if you think one is an elite/best to come out in years NT you take him the first chance you get.

  4. #64
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    This isn't 2001 and 3-4 NTs, as you have mentioned many times, don't grow on trees so you if you think one is an elite/best to come out in years NT you take him the first chance you get.
    we mention ted washington and Jenkins... washington went 22, jenks was a 2nd rounder... so a 2nd rounder for Cody is in the neighborhood... historically

    the problem with taking rotational or 2 down players with high picks (and neither of those guys were as big as Cody is now), is that Cody will never get the sacks required for a first rounder to be viewed as a good pick. He's a 2 down player and smart GMs try to avoid giving 2 down players first round money. It doesn't mean he's a bad player, he does have limitations however... hes not going to produce big stats. The only team who takes these players super high and gets away with it was the Patsies... who had Tommy Brady winning super bowls when they took 2 down vince wilfork

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cody is killing it in practice and his entire coaching staff is raving about him. He was an absolute steal for the Ravens in round 2. These morons who have dedicated their adult lives to screaming about how fat he was for half a year will look like even bigger retards this coming Fall.

    Yes, I'd rather have Wilson who I think is going to be an excellent CB and was a steal for us at that spot but if Cody lasted to our spot in round 2 I think Tanny would have drafted him.

    Oh yea, "he plays with Gregg and Ngata" in first 500 posts about this guy during the season.

  6. #66
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Cody is killing it in practice and his entire coaching staff is raving about him. He was an absolute steal for the Ravens in round 2. These morons who have dedicated their adult lives to screaming about how fat he was for half a year will look like even bigger retards this coming Fall.

    Yes, I'd rather have Wilson who I think is going to be an excellent CB and was a steal for us at that spot but if Cody lasted to our spot in round 2 I think Tanny would have drafted him.

    Oh yea, "he plays with Gregg and Ngata" in first 500 posts about this guy during the season.
    LMAO....

  7. #67
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    we mention ted washington and Jenkins... washington went 22, jenks was a 2nd rounder... so a 2nd rounder for Cody is in the neighborhood... historically

    the problem with taking rotational or 2 down players with high picks (and neither of those guys were as big as Cody is now), is that Cody will never get the sacks required for a first rounder to be viewed as a good pick. He's a 2 down player and smart GMs try to avoid giving 2 down players first round money. It doesn't mean he's a bad player, he does have limitations however... hes not going to produce big stats. The only team who takes these players super high and gets away with it was the Patsies... who had Tommy Brady winning super bowls when they took 2 down vince wilfork
    um right....Jenkins was the 44th pick in a draft that saw six defensive tackles go in round one....twice as many as last year and more than any draft the past 30 years....historically...

  8. #68
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this sh!t still going on?

  9. #69
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same ****...

    You people won't be willing to come back and admit you are wrong.

    Most picks during this time always get positive press because there are no pads and the Front Office/Coaching staff are still defending themselves on the picks.

    Cody has little strength and ZERO balance. I just hope you guys come back and admit you were wrong. Because anyone who actually watched him play by play in college, would see the same thing if they weren't blind.

  10. #70
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Same ****...

    You people won't be willing to come back and admit you are wrong.

    Most picks during this time always get positive press because there are no pads and the Front Office/Coaching staff are still defending themselves on the picks.

    Cody has little strength and ZERO balance. I just hope you guys come back and admit you were wrong. Because anyone who actually watched him play by play in college, would see the same thing if they weren't blind.
    tell it to the baltimore ravens and clark judge


    "I have something to prove," he said, "so I lost the weight. I went in the second round, and it was my fault. So I have something to prove that I was worth going in the first.

    "This is my job and my life, so now [the weight loss] is real big for me. It's going to help me stay in the league if I can just keep it down and keep it in control, which I'm doing very well right now. [The Ravens] have a nutrition program, but I've been doing real well on my own. They're good with how I'm dealing with it."

    Opponents might not be. They passed on Cody because he was supposed to be a weight problem waiting to happen ... only he isn't. Not yet. They passed on Cody because he was supposed to be a liability against the pass ... only he isn't. Not yet. They passed on Cody because ... well, because he was supposed to be a risk not worth assuming with a high draft choice. So he fell to the Ravens late in the second round, and the rich might just have gotten richer.

    "[On third downs] we will always have our best players on the field in pass-rush situations," said Mattison, "but this isn't going to be one of those deals where you look out there and say, 'Oh, no, Terrence Cody is out there; we can't do this.' We don't feel that way at all.

    "I know a knock on him was that he's a first- and second-down player, but we don't buy that at all. Clarence Brooks, our defensive line coach, worked very hard with him on his pass rush and even said to him one day, 'If you think you're coming off the field because of a pass-rushing situation you're wrong.' And he takes great pride in that. He believes he can be a pass rusher."

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...er-pass-rusher

  11. #71
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    tell it to the baltimore ravens and clark judge
    The way the Ravens are talking about Cody reminds me of how Rex and the Jets coaching staff talk about Gholston.

  12. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Same ****...

    You people won't be willing to come back and admit you are wrong.

    Most picks during this time always get positive press because there are no pads and the Front Office/Coaching staff are still defending themselves on the picks.

    Cody has little strength and ZERO balance. I just hope you guys come back and admit you were wrong. Because anyone who actually watched him play by play in college, would see the same thing if they weren't blind.
    Somehow the "little strength and ZERO balance" never showed when he was dominating top competition in the SEC or any of the practices this off-season. I somehow think the Ravens FO knows more about drafting defensive players than a couple inept amateur scouts on this site. You'll never admit you're wrong you'll just be a p*ssy like C*nt Back to NY and make up excuses. September will be fun.

    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=174582&spln=1

    Rookie second-round DT Terrence Cody has shown even better than the Ravens expected in spring practices.
    "We are really, really pleased with the player we see," coordinator Greg Mattison said. "All the things we hoped, all the things we thought we saw either on film or at our workout ... have been coming through." The Ravens are loaded at defensive tackle this year and figure to be murder on fantasy backs once again. To nobody's surprise, GM Ozzie Newsome looks to be one of the draft's biggest winners again this year. Jun. 11 - 8:06 pm et
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 06-15-2010 at 11:20 PM.

  13. #73
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL-JI's resident village idiot at it again....another internet tough guy....

    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Somehow the "little strength and ZERO balance" never showed when he was dominating top competition in the SEC or any of the practices this off-season. I somehow think the Ravens FO knows more about drafting defensive players than a couple inept amateur scouts on this site. You'll never admit you're wrong you'll just be a p*ssy like C*nt Back to NY and make up excuses. September will be fun.

    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=174582&spln=1

    Rookie second-round DT Terrence Cody has shown even better than the Ravens expected in spring practices.
    "We are really, really pleased with the player we see," coordinator Greg Mattison said. "All the things we hoped, all the things we thought we saw either on film or at our workout ... have been coming through." The Ravens are loaded at defensive tackle this year and figure to be murder on fantasy backs once again. To nobody's surprise, GM Ozzie Newsome looks to be one of the draft's biggest winners again this year. Jun. 11 - 8:06 pm et
    yep; he looks great in the spring which means we're all wrong...

    granted I said Cody was nothing more than a solid prospect (versus dopes like you who claimed he was an elite playuer) that had no chance of being a first round pick and I was dead on- if you can prove otherwise please do as much....

    you on the other hand were right about cody being a first round pick.....just like you were right about everson griffen, and taylor mays, and brian schottenheimer, and the jets defense....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 06-16-2010 at 11:56 AM.

  14. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    LOL-JI's resident village idiot at it again....another internet tough guy....



    yep; he looks great in the spring which means we're all wrong...

    granted I said Cody was nothing more than a solid prospect (versus dopes like you who claimed he was an elite playuer) that had no chance of being a first round pick and I was dead on- if you can prove otherwise please do as much....

    you on the other hand were right about cody being a first round pick.....just like you were right about everson griffen, and taylor mays, and brian schottenheimer, and the jets defense....
    Wow so after months of saying Cody is a worthless pile of garbage who would suck at NT because he had a slow 40 time and man-boobs and blah blah blah now all of a sudden you're saying you think he's a solid prospect and that the entire argument and your endless bashing of Cody was only about him being a first round pick and not whether or not he'd be a bust or success in the NFL.

    You're doing a better job of backpedaling than Darrelle Revis. Coward.
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 06-16-2010 at 02:45 PM.

  15. #75
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL- JI's resident village idiot chimes in with his usual ignorance...

    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Wow so after months of saying Cody is a worthless pile of garbage who would suck at NT because he had a slow 40 time and man-boobs and blah blah blah now all of a sudden you're saying you think he's a solid prospect and that the entire argument and your endless bashing of Cody was only about him being a first round pick and not whether or not he'd be a bust or success in the NFL.

    You're doing a better job of backpedaling than Darrelle Revis. Coward.
    coward?? LMAO- as I stated in the previous post internet tough guy- if you can prove otherwise go right ahead....but i suspect you'll continue with your usual mindless bloviating....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 06-16-2010 at 04:48 PM.

  16. #76
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO- i missed this gem from the village idiot....

    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Cody is killing it in practice and his entire coaching staff is raving about him. He was an absolute steal for the Ravens in round 2. These morons who have dedicated their adult lives to screaming about how fat he was for half a year will look like even bigger retards this coming Fall.

    Yes, I'd rather have Wilson who I think is going to be an excellent CB and was a steal for us at that spot but if Cody lasted to our spot in round 2 I think Tanny would have drafted him.

    Oh yea, "he plays with Gregg and Ngata" in first 500 posts about this guy during the season.
    you do realize Cody wouldn't be playing with gregg as they play the same position....

    of course you didn't realize it- when it comes to all things pigskin you are the dumbest poster on the world wide web.....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 06-16-2010 at 04:24 PM.

  17. #77
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Wow so after months of saying Cody is a worthless pile of garbage who would suck at NT because he had a slow 40 time and man-boobs and blah blah blah now all of a sudden you're saying you think he's a solid prospect and that the entire argument and your endless bashing of Cody was only about him being a first round pick and not whether or not he'd be a bust or success in the NFL.

    You're doing a better job of backpedaling than Darrelle Revis. Coward.
    Speaking of back pedaling and making excuses for ones errors...

    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Who cares where a player is chosen? Kyle Wilson fell to 29 so he must suck. Terrence Cody? Guy is obviously a bust because he fell to round 2. Those silly Baltimore Ravens - what does that organization know about picking defensive players?

  18. #78
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    its just a matter of knowing the market. Cody won't even be the draft boards for most 4-3 teams... supply and demand, Ozzie didn't want to overpay for this player.
    I think that's the biggest bull**** you've spewed on this board.

    At the time of the draft, you cited supply and demand...but you said there's not that many legit 3-4 NT's available and with the growing amount of 3-4 teams, he would definitely go in the 1st round.

    I love how you're now spinning the same premise of your argument to try to save yourself from being wrong.

    You were wrong, but who cares? Everyone let this go.

  19. #79
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    lOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME, TJ BYRD AND MONTARIO HARDESTY ARE HAVING GREAT CAMPS IN CLEVELAND!!!zz!!

  20. #80
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    lOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME, TJ BYRD AND MONTARIO HARDESTY ARE HAVING GREAT CAMPS IN CLEVELAND!!!zz!!
    But I knew Jamarcus Russell would be a bust

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us