Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: If the Jets select Cody in the first will CBTNY commit suicide...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just checked... after the fractured skull Kindle commited a DUI in December. Likely will be released by the Ravens. I would still pick him up for cheap, guy is definitely a talent.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    watch the Bal/Pit playoff tape, Cody made several excellent plays. He's unmovable inside.

I have learned a lesson about his draft value (and admitted it) but make no mistake he's a real deal player... and basically an excellent example of what you want a two down 3-4 NT prospect to be. Newsome gambled on 2 2nd round picks, he missed on Sergio Kindle (who many many people loved) and he hit on Cody.

I watched all the guys at Mobile this year, dont get me wrong I like Fua, Jenkins, Neild and of course Phil taylor (who might be a better 5-tech) but none of those guys occupy space like Cody. He's not just a fat **** he's a fat **** with great feet.... and it makes a difference.
    Yeah got to give him props for that - he's proven his worth this year, good for him

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Just checked... after the fractured skull Kindle commited a DUI in December. Likely will be released by the Ravens. I would still pick him up for cheap, guy is definitely a talent.
    not happening....he has brain damage and is a liability as one hit could end his life....Ravens will bring him in as a courtesy and to avoid any issues with the nflpa but his career is over..also discussed with the cody conversation....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Yeah got to give him props for that - he's proven his worth this year, good for him
    proven his worth??? yeh- if he was a free agent.....5th round pick Cam Thomas played half as many games as Cody and was twice the player...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    not happening....he has brain damage and is a liability as one hit could end his life....Ravens will bring him in as a courtesy and to avoid any issues with the nflpa but his career is over..also discussed with the cody conversation....
    Yeah I figured it would be more wishful thinking on my side. He was a beast in college and a perfect OLB prospect. But what can you do...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cody = The man....Started earning himself more playing time as the season moved on. In 5 years if he keeps up to his training he'll be as good as Pouha...possibly better.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just curious, what is the word on Robert Quinn? Are there concerns being raised because of his prior brain surgery?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    was reluctant to bump this thread but after what i heard in Mobile i had to....after weigh-ins the conversation eventually turned to Cody...a guy who covers the team says, matter of factly, "the good news is he was under 40% body fat when the season ended"....

40%????
    I thought it was hilarious when Cody made a tackle vs the Chiefs and you saw it in slow motion, with all his fat jiggling..

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HDCentStOhio View Post
    Just curious, what is the word on Robert Quinn? Are there concerns being raised because of his prior brain surgery?
    won't know anything until after the combine and even then it will dribble out...he still has the tumor in his head- had they inserted a shunt my understanding is his football career would've been over....

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Cody = The man....Started earning himself more playing time as the season moved on. In 5 years if he keeps up to his training he'll be as good as Pouha...possibly better.
    what's going to happen when there's a lockout and there's no April mini-camp, may football and ota's???

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    what's going to happen when there's a lockout and there's no April mini-camp, may football and ota's???
    my guess would be... pie.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who knows...he's lost alot of weight over the past 2-3 years...Personally I think he's as committed as an extremely obese human can be to a sport...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    my guess would be... pie.
    and lots of it....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i know CBNY is long gone (or posting under another username more likely)

but how about Terrence Cody? the dude is starting for the Ravens, weighing 335 and looking like a beast

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    i know CBNY is long gone (or posting under another username more likely)

but how about Terrence Cody? the dude is starting for the Ravens, weighing 335 and looking like a beast
    nope, not posting under any other name...but as usual good too see your psychotic lunacy has not changed...cody's looking real beastly after the first week of his second season- should've been a top ten pick like you claimed...almost as good as the claim there was no upside in gold some 30% ago- lol...

good to see you were able to look up from the tv from the plate of gholston crow you predicted everyone else would be eating...its Saturday and i've got to work- i'll leave and let you remain the god of internet forums and stolen material.....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 09-17-2011 at 02:07 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I missed this place.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let him bask in the glory CBNY, he's just slightly north of the Mendoza line now with Cody. By the way, if you go digging under some of those layers of flapping gelatinous blob under Cody's tits, you might find a few McNuggets the DVR's control and a running back or two.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love how right after Cody gets a concussion all of a sudden people come out of hiding. Obviously the Ravens' CS, who know a little bit more about defense, liked what they saw from Cody they let Kelly Gregg walk. I guess Cody's being fat and not doing enough jumping jacks in the combine caused his brain cells to get dislodged?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    I love how right after Cody gets a concussion all of a sudden people come out of hiding. Obviously the Ravens' CS, who know a little bit more about defense, liked what they saw from Cody they let Kelly Gregg walk. I guess Cody's being fat and not doing enough jumping jacks in the combine caused his brain cells to get dislodged?
    Taylor Mays says "hi"....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taylor Mays says "hi"....
    He's baaaaack. WHERE have you been?