Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 133

Thread: If the Jets select Cody in the first will CBTNY commit suicide...

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    With you it's a pattern of arrogance, I call it like it is. Like I said I had no horse in the race was just messing around, but you take yourself too seriously apparently.
    You had no "horse in the race" yet repeatedly posted on this forum promoting certain players, including Cody.

    You talk about someone full of themselves - you call someone arrogant but you are too big apparently to own up to your own fault(s).

    You have NFI (no f****** idea)

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    You had no "horse in the race" yet repeatedly posted on this forum promoting certain players, including Cody.

    You talk about someone full of themselves - you call someone arrogant but you are too big apparently to own up to your own fault(s).

    You have NFI (no f****** idea)




    Sycophants fight battles for their buddies and they brown nose from time to time

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    With you it's a pattern of arrogance, I call it like it is. Like I said I had no horse in the race was just messing around, but you take yourself too seriously apparently.
    its' easy to come across as arrogant when dealing with dopes like you- I told you last year Carlos Armour has no chance of getting drafted and the only opportunity he would have to place to play is in Canada, and you went ballistic- but you never lean your lesson- this thread being a perfect example...

    speaking of which- how has Armour taken to the city of Saskatchewan?

  4. #24
    Hey let me take this opportunity to own up

    I thought Terrence Cody would be a first rounder... didn't happen. CBNY was right. Well done sir.

    My motto here, and in other things is "Live and learn." There are people like CBNY and Hammer who have been following the draft for alot longer than I have been following it... and every year I hope to learn from my experience and get better at it.

    There were other calls I made I feel very happy about... but on Terrence Cody i misjudged his value. Still think he will be a steal and great player but not a first rounder, not in this crop. Seems kinda obvious in hindsight.

    Turn the page im ready to argue with you all about the 2011 draft

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Hey let me take this opportunity to own up

    I thought Terrence Cody would be a first rounder... didn't happen. CBNY was right. Well done sir.

    My motto here, and in other things is "Live and learn." There are people like CBNY and Hammer who have been following the draft for alot longer than I have been following it... and every year I hope to learn from my experience and get better at it.

    There were other calls I made I feel very happy about... but on Terrence Cody i misjudged his value. Still think he will be a steal and great player but not a first rounder, not in this crop. Seems kinda obvious in hindsight.

    Turn the page im ready to argue with you all about the 2011 draft
    Here is how a man acts - fesses up if he's in the wrong and looks to be better in future - Slik could learn a lesson from this post, and hopefully will after the dribble he's offered up in this thread before this.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Sycophants fight battles for their buddies and they brown nose from time to time
    BTW - CBNY doesn't need anyone to "brown nose" him on this thread - if anyone needs to be boosted on this thread through sycophancy it's you - you've come across like a prize tit - which I suspect is what you are in real life.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    its' easy to come across as arrogant when dealing with dopes like you- I told you last year Carlos Armour has no chance of getting drafted and the only opportunity he would have to place to play is in Canada, and you went ballistic- but you never lean your lesson- this thread being a perfect example...

    speaking of which- how has Armour taken to the city of Saskatchewan?



    Far worse players in the league than Armour are stealing money from teams. A lot of it is luck in this game. I also recollect you saying that Sanchez had a weak arm and I never saw you come back and say you were wrong. I told everyone who would listen that Chansi Stuckey would make a terrific slot receiver and you crapped all over it calling him slow, he became Sanchez go to guy almost right away and when he left Mark went in the tank a bit, I never saw you come back and say you were wrong about that either.

    No one knows for certain how good or bad players will turn out, in the end you get a pretty good idea, but even after a player is analysed and discussed to death there is really no sure way to know. Especially the lesser known players, no way to know what's really going on in their heads. This is a game and I like to take it light. You take yourself too seriously if you understood this thread to be anything more than playfull razzing, arrogance blinds your better judgment sometimes CBTNY, but suit yourself.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Far worse players in the league than Armour are stealing money from teams. A lot of it is luck in this game. I also recollect you saying that Sanchez had a weak arm and I never saw you come back and say you were wrong. I told everyone who would listen that Chansi Stuckey would make a terrific slot receiver and you crapped all over it calling him slow, he became Sanchez go to guy almost right away and when he left Mark went in the tank a bit, I never saw you come back and say you were wrong about that either.

    No one knows for certain how good or bad players will turn out, in the end you get a pretty good idea, but even after a player is analysed and discussed to death there is really no sure way to know. Especially the lesser known players, no way to know what's really going on in their heads. This is a game and I like to take it light. You take yourself too seriously if you understood this thread to be anything more than playfull razzing, arrogance blinds your better judgment sometimes CBTNY, but suit yourself.
    Nice apology...

    And you are the same guy that was going to call Gholston because you said you could get through to him...How arrogant is that...And not exactly taking this game light

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Nice apology...

    And you are the same guy that was going to call Gholston because you said you could get through to him...How arrogant is that...And not exactly taking this game light


    How is wanting to give a young player words of encouragement to be construed as arrogance? And I decided not to call in the end. But I don't see how that has any sort of relevance in this argument even if I had called, but nice try.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Nice apology...

    And you are the same guy that was going to call Gholston because you said you could get through to him...How arrogant is that...And not exactly taking this game light
    Is this true? lol

  11. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Not fer nuthin', but if the Jets took Cody, Bit would have lost the proposed (but never consummated ) bet as he would have been available to the Jets. I'm sure that's not much consolation to him (or anyone who thinks Cody is a dud), but at the time, Bit was putting Cody out there as a sure top 20 pick. Not sure how he has him rated now (but I'm sure he'll tell us soon
    Who cares where a player is chosen? Kyle Wilson fell to 29 so he must suck. Terrence Cody? Guy is obviously a bust because he fell to round 2. Those silly Baltimore Ravens - what does that organization know about picking defensive players?

  12. #32
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,703
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Hey let me take this opportunity to own up

    I thought Terrence Cody, Carlos Dunlop, and Taylor Mays would be a first rounder... didn't happen. CBNY was right. Well done sir.

    My motto here, and in other things is "Live and learn." There are people like CBNY and Hammer who have been following the draft for alot longer than I have been following it... and every year I hope to learn from my experience and get better at it.

    There were other calls I made I feel very happy about... but on Terrence Cody i misjudged his value. Still think he will be a steal and great player but not a first rounder, not in this crop. Seems kinda obvious in hindsight.

    Turn the page im ready to argue with you all about the 2011 draft
    FTFY

  13. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Such and Such Guy Will or Won't Be Drafted By = Gayest Bet Ever

    Guess all those know-it-alls who had Leaf as the next Montana and Gholston as the next Lawrence Taylor had it right.

    Thank you Broke Back to NY.

  14. #34
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,527
    Note to self: don't piss off Black Death or get owned

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island & Section 337
    Posts
    4,859
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Such and Such Guy Will or Won't Be Drafted By = Gayest Bet Ever

    Guess all those know-it-alls who had Leaf as the next Montana and Gholston as the next Lawrence Taylor had it right.

    Thank you Broke Back to NY.
    What is with you making everything into a "you are a gay"? How old are you? I thought liberals were supposed to be "open minded".

  16. #36
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    ah yes...the forum's village idiot chimes in.....

    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Such and Such Guy Will or Won't Be Drafted By = Gayest Bet Ever

    Guess all those know-it-alls who had Leaf as the next Montana and Gholston as the next Lawrence Taylor had it right.

    Thank you Broke Back to NY.
    versus the know nothings like you who whine that schottenhiemer sucks, the Jets defense sucks, they should trade for seymour, blah-blah-blah....

    once again good to see how embedded I am in your two remaining brain cells....

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by HDCentStOhio View Post
    What is with you making everything into a "you are a gay"? How old are you? I thought liberals were supposed to be "open minded".
    displaced homoerotic anger....

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Nice apology...

    And you are the same guy that was going to call Gholston because you said you could get through to him...How arrogant is that...And not exactly taking this game light
    lol wut?!

  19. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    ah yes...the forum's village idiot chimes in.....



    versus the know nothings like you who whine that schottenhiemer sucks, the Jets defense sucks, they should trade for seymour, blah-blah-blah....

    once again good to see how embedded I am in your two remaining brain cells....
    It's actually pretty funny that you've dedicated your life to bashing Cody these past several months and he gets drafted by a team known for drafting defensive talent. But hey dude stick to what you do best which is watch workout coverage on NFL Network all day and pretend to be some big time college scout when you're just another loser with internet and cable.

  20. #40
    I find it hilarious that suddenly the Cody brigade is up in arms making excuses, when if it fell the opposite way I am sure you would be rubbing it in the guy's face that he isn't worth **** and that he was dead wrong. Ironically, the most adamant Cody supporter in Bit, came back ate some crow and moved on. Explains why his opinion and insight is valued on this board.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us