Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If the Jets select Cody in the first will CBTNY commit suicide...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I find it hilarious that suddenly the Cody brigade is up in arms making excuses, when if it fell the opposite way I am sure you would be rubbing it in the guy's face that he isn't worth **** and that he was dead wrong. Ironically, the most adamant Cody supporter in Bit, came back ate some crow and moved on. Explains why his opinion and insight is valued on this board.
    you mean like JI's resident village idiot???

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    It's actually pretty funny that you've dedicated your life to bashing Cody these past several months and he gets drafted by a team known for drafting defensive talent. But hey dude stick to what you do best which is watch workout coverage on NFL Network all day and pretend to be some big time college scout when you're just another loser with internet and cable.
    good call by you on cody....and mays....and griffen....

LMAO....you should let it go and stop embarrassing yourself but you won't....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 04-27-2010 at 11:48 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find it hilarious that suddenly the Cody brigade is up in arms making excuses, when if it fell the opposite way I am sure you would be rubbing it in the guy's face that he isn't worth **** and that he was dead wrong. Ironically, the most adamant Cody supporter in Bit, came back ate some crow and moved on. Explains why his opinion and insight is valued on this board.
    Cody got drafted in rd 2 instead of rd 1. Yay.

Those silly Baltimore Ravens - what does that Front Office know about drafting defense?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Those silly Baltimore Ravens - what does that Front Office know about drafting defense?
    Then why didn't they take him at #25 if he was too good to pass up?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Cody could be great which is what the Ravens are banking on, but my argument was never that he could never be great. Rather it was that the risk v. reward was not of a first round caliber. In that sense we are correct.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cody actually gets in shape and becomes Jenkins part deux

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    just want to point out how much ass cody is kicking in ravens OTA... i might have been wrong about him being a first rounder but im not wrong about him being awesome

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/ente...ht_you_ca.html

That’s what happened to rookie nose tackle Terrence Cody (left, photo by the Baltimore Sun) at the Ravens’ voluntary passing camp Tuesday. That is, until an eye-opening one-minute span late in the two-plus-hour workout when Cody made his presence known to unassuming bystanders — including Troy Smith — with back-to-back sacks of the backup quarterback.
    And boy, were Smith’s eyes open wide on the first one.

During a full-squad drill, Cody, one of the Ravens’ two second-round picks in last month’s draft, crashed through the middle of the offensive line like a pissed-off rhino playing in a preschool game of Red Rover. He reached Smith unabated and leaped at him to swat a potential throw. The defenseless quarterback pump-faked then ate the ball. I was sure he was done for.

Troy Smith’s life flashed through my eyes.

I don’t know how Cody did it — kudos to him for being nimble — but he was able to hit the brakes and stay on his feet without flattening Smith like a cartoon character. Instead, he just bear-hugged him. “There’s nothing he could do, so I just kind of grabbed him,” Cody explained later.

On the next play, when Cody got close enough to put a hand on Smith, there was a quick, telling whistle.

“He’s a great player, man,” an unscathed Smith said at his locker.

Cody may not look good with his shirt off — like, say, Brendon Ayanbadejo or Alyssa Milano — but so far he has impressed during the Ravens’ offseason workouts. Which is kind of surprising considering it looks as if he is trying to smuggle groceries into practice under his purple jersey.

With Donte’ Stallworth zipping around catching passes and Ray Rice darting out of the backfield, shifting your focus elsewhere would be understandable. But Cody (when not sitting out with a hip injury) could be seen clogging up the interior like a humongous dreadlocked hairball.

His ability to disrupt the run game will make him a mainstay at the nose on first and second downs, perhaps as soon as this season. And even though these pad-free workouts are, as Cody put it, “really finesse right now,” his ability to collapse the pocket has been a welcome surprise.

“I feel good just learning things ... I can add to my toolbox,” he said. “Rushing the passer and all that stuff.”
    John Harbaugh hasn’t missed what Cody has been up to. He raved about his football IQ, and said the 360-pound rookie has been in the gym just working on his fitness.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    just want to point out how much ass cody is kicking in ravens OTA... i might have been wrong about him being a first rounder but im not wrong about him being awesome
    LOL.....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 05-30-2010 at 05:07 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    During a full-squad drill, Cody, one of the Ravens’ two second-round picks in last month’s draft, crashed through the middle of the offensive line like a pissed-off rhino playing in a preschool game of Red Rover. He reached Smith unabated and leaped at him to swat a potential throw. The defenseless quarterback pump-faked then ate the ball. I was sure he was done for.

Sounds like some of you better hope Cody tears his acl or gets arrested before the season starts.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like some of you better hope Cody tears his acl or gets arrested before the season starts.
    Sounds like he was playing against 3rd stringers.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raysdaone View Post
    Sounds like he was playing against 3rd stringers.
    The entire Ravens coaching staff has been praising him like crazy so far. He beat up Matt Birk who is a good playe and a starter.

But then again he's fat and runs a 10 second forty. He shouldn't even be able to abuse 4th stringers the way a certain camp has been bashing this guy all off-season long.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

why? i hope the best for him. if he succeeds, does that mean the FO made a mistake taking wilson or vlad over him? rex is very vocal about not needing top rated talent on the DLine, his primary coaching position. the only time i see him taking a DLman early in the draft will be for a ridiculous player like suh. so there was no chance they were taking him. hell, i bet they had mcknight and conner both rated above cody.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The entire Ravens coaching staff has been praising him like crazy so far. He beat up Matt Birk who is a good playe and a starter.

But then again he's fat and runs a 10 second forty. He shouldn't even be able to abuse 4th stringers the way a certain camp has been bashing this guy all off-season long.
    I actually dont care what he does now. I'd rather have Wilson and Vlad over Cody anyways.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Vernon Gholston says hi....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Vernon Gholston says hi....
    So does pretty much any NFL player who was lights out in the toughest division in college football, drafted by a front office that obviously knows defense, and then proceeded to light it up in practice and impress all their coaches.

But yeah he's fat and doesn't run 40 yards in a straight line fast

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So does pretty much any NFL player who was lights out in the toughest division in college football, drafted by a front office that obviously knows defense, and then proceeded to light it up in practice and impress all their coaches.

But yeah he's fat and doesn't run 40 yards in a straight line fast
    Right the Raven's knew he was such a guarantee that they passed on him twice If he turns out to be great, then clearly he worked his tail off for it. But this is not some guaranteed to be great prospect falling like say a Suh-type, so quit acting like a douche.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right the Raven's knew he was such a guarantee that they passed on him twice If he turns out to be great, then clearly he worked his tail off for it. But this is not some guaranteed to be great prospect falling like say a Suh-type, so quit acting like a douche.
    5.75 forty

He can nevah be good in da pros!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    5.75 forty

He can nevah be good in da pros!

Notice how you don't address any of the points I made... cause you can't you dunce

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 months after the draft, I still feel like Terrence Cody is the best 3-4 NT prospect the draft has seen for quite some time. There are good defensive tackles this year (powe for example) but no Cody's.

Players that are 6'4" and 350 legitimately are once in a decade type players.

the fact that he went round 2 instead of round 1... doesn't disprove his ability. there are many great players in round 2 every year... some years there are more good 2nd rounders than 1st rounders. The Ravens usually do very well in the NFL draft, they probably believe they got a great talent. What Ozzie Newsome did, by trading out of the round and getting the player he wanted anyway in round 2, was similar to what Andy Reid did with Desean Jackson, what the Jets did with Justin Miller.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Notice how you don't address any of the points I made... cause you can't you dunce
    of course she can't....parrots don't think- they just regurgitate...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 months after the draft, I still feel like Terrence Cody is the best 3-4 NT prospect the draft has seen for quite some time. There are good defensive tackles this year (powe for example) but no Cody's.

Players that are 6'4" and 350 legitimately are once in a decade type players.

the fact that he went round 2 instead of round 1... doesn't disprove his ability. there are many great players in round 2 every year... some years there are more good 2nd rounders than 1st rounders. The Ravens usually do very well in the NFL draft, they probably believe they got a great talent. What Ozzie Newsome did, by trading out of the round and getting the player he wanted anyway in round 2, was similar to what Andy Reid did with Desean Jackson, what the Jets did with Justin Miller.
    Definitely possible, I think if he works is butt off he has real nice upside. I don't know that he has the natural explosiveness to be elite, but he can definitely be a very good starter. I don't take issue with what you are saying/have said, but the dunce basically just mocks everyone, yet can't make a single valid argument. As for the 1st, 2nd round thing, if someone told you this guy is hands down gonna be Ted Washington/Jenkins would you risk losing him by trying to get a steal in the 2nd? I assume Ozzie is smarter than that.