Thread: NT: Cody, Thomas & Joseph at 38 or 39

NT: Cody, Thomas & Joseph at 38 or 39

I can't pick any of these guys at 29, but I believe they are all pretty good values at 39. My hope is that the Jets are able to trade down with Cleveland or Oakland ( both reaching for Colt McCoy before the Vikings scoop the Texan up ). Picking up an early 4th and change.
    Which one do you like , the Massive Cody, the fast rising Cam Thomas, or the versatile Linval Joseph who could play NT, or DE ?
    Last edited by JetOrange; 04-13-2010 at 09:22 AM.

I would take Joseph based on versatility. The DL is getting old and may be injury prone so he can fill it wherever needed in case of injury or next year whoever retires/gets cut.

I would take Joseph because he has man strength, and the other two do not. Also he is fast for a player of that size. Cam Thomas lacks a certain amount of production in college that i would like, but played very well in the senior bowl showing the potential to be a nose tackle. Cody is only big, and thats really his only talent at the moment. he lacks acceleration, balance, and a certain strength that he should have. I've watched the senior bowl 3 times now and each time i found that Cody lacked the ability to throw blockers off and be a natural two gapper, while Dan Williams easily looked better.

Jets Insider VIP
    Cody, Cody, Cody, and 29 is fine by me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Trading out of th 1st round on Thursday is DANGEROUS!

Why? The 1st round is on Thursday and the 2nd round is on Friday.

Thus, teams will have about 18 hours to make trades before the end of the 1st round and start of the 2nd.

So let's say at 29 on Thursday night the Jets trade out to the 38th. For the next 18 hours other teams will have the opportunity to trade for the 33rd to 37th pick and thus be in a better position to take the player the Jets want.

Remember how the Jets moved up to start the 3rd round on a new day? Other teams will be able to do that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Trading out of th 1st round on Thursday is DANGEROUS!

Why? The 1st round is on Thursday and the 2nd round is on Friday.

Thus, teams will have about 18 hours to make trades before the end of the 1st round and start of the 2nd.

So let's say at 29 on Thursday night the Jets trade out to the 38th. For the next 18 hours other teams will have the opportunity to trade for the 33rd to 37th pick and thus be in a better position to take the player the Jets want.

Remember how the Jets moved up to start the 3rd round on a new day? Other teams will be able to do that as well.
    You make a great point. Everything depends on what teams do in the first round, but there could be a run at NT.
    40. San Diego
    41. Buffalo
    43. Miami
    45. New England ?
    46. Denver
    Looking at this it is doubtful that a quality NT will be available at 61

Just wnana say that Cam Thomas scares me in a big way.

Downloaded a few NC games and was SHOCKED by how little Cam played. Actually thought he was hurt but then I chose to go look at his game log and see his tackles/sacks. Was amazed by how little production the guy had. he just doesn't make many tackles and certainly doesn't get to the QB.

Played well at the senior bowl but it was only pretty well.

And you shouldn't play games like this... When you evaluate players, you decide how good you think each individual guy is going to be. If you think that Linval is going to be a high end run stopping NT, you take him at 29 and don't risk losing the guy because you think he MAY be available a few picks later.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Just wnana say that Cam Thomas scares me in a big way.

Downloaded a few NC games and was SHOCKED by how little Cam played. Actually thought he was hurt but then I chose to go look at his game log and see his tackles/sacks. Was amazed by how little production the guy had. he just doesn't make many tackles and certainly doesn't get to the QB.

Played well at the senior bowl but it was only pretty well.

And you shouldn't play games like this... When you evaluate players, you decide how good you think each individual guy is going to be. If you think that Linval is going to be a high end run stopping NT, you take him at 29 and don't risk losing the guy because you think he MAY be available a few picks later.
    I think most GM's would agree with you, but I'm a greedy bastard. I also believe that the Jets are in a position where "trading down" is a very viable strategy at 29 and possibly 61. The fourth round historically has been very kind to the Jets.