Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Top 5 Choices At #29

JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Your Top 5 Choices At #29

The draft is near, so post your Top 5 guys you would like to see at #29.

1. Linval Joseph
    2. Jerry Hughes
    3. Jared Odrick
    4. Taylor Mays
    5. Devin McCourty
    Last edited by Untouchable; 04-14-2010 at 04:56 PM.

1. Taylor Mays
    2. Terrence Cody
    3. Everson Griffen

no 'fast risers' that were considered mid rounders a week ago

i want a guy who was considered a first rounder a year ago and still is in the neighborhood.

Hall Of Fame
    1. Terrence Cody
    2. Mike Iupati
    3. Jared Odrick
    4. Everson Griffen
    5. Mays / Hughes / Wilson if no good O or D lineman are available

Cody
    Odrick
    Kindle
    Griffen
    Hughes

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    1. Taylor Mays
    2. Terrence Cody
    3. Everson Griffen

no 'fast risers' that were considered mid rounders a week ago

i want a guy who was considered a first rounder a year ago and still is in the neighborhood.
    +1

1. Kyle Wilson (unlikely but not completely impossible)
    2. Brian Price
    3. Everson Griffen
    4. Linval Joseph
    5. Taylor Mays

NO to:

Cody
    Odrick

I think Cody and Odrick will both be there but I also think both will bust badly at the NFL level.

All Pro
    1. Mays- the risk is worth the reward when you can afford to gamble.
    2. Hughes- enough of this "he'll play behind so and so". He who makes plays... plays.
    3. Odrick- There's question about his skill, but his pedigree is such you can't ignore.
    4. Griffen- I'm concerned about his production, but if Tanny believes, then i do too.
    5. Cody/Joseph- one guy is a risk moderate reward scenario, while the other is a reach.

Ricky Sapp
    Linval Joseph
    Jared Odrick
    Devin McCourty
    Ryan Matthews

Pouncey
    Linval Joseph
    Iupati
    Mccourty
    Hughes

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

McCourty
    Mays
    Price
    Odrick
    Griffin
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 04-14-2010 at 04:53 PM. Reason: changed mah mind on a selection

1-Hughes: team still needs an edge rusher. One with ann accomplished arsenal and tools will get starting time on passing downs.
    2-McCourty: team has CB depth issue. DM has tools to be a successful nickel CB - and eventual starting 2 CB. We have not had a consistent NB since Mickens.
    3-Cody: provides NT depth plain and simple. NTs with TCs measureables are once every decsde.
    4-Matthews-Greene has a high injury propensity style, and has been injured already in only limited action. His injury in the champ game likely contributed to our inability to close out the AFCCG and get into the SB. LW coming off of career-threatening multi-bone break. Ladanian is no sure thing for the present and is a two year rental at most, seemingly. Matthews would be in the wings at the latest to split carries in a 3 back rotation next year....barring injury to the starting group this year. Getting a guy like matthews would extend the careers of both Greene and Matthews....
    5-Odrick-cant get enough big bodies for the line, addressing depth. Can't see odrick starting at any point this year tho over Devito...
    Last edited by Darth Vader; 04-13-2010 at 01:55 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Earl Thomas
    Kyle Wilson
    T. Cody
    S. Kindle
    C. Dunlap/Iupati

i've never been one to do my own mocks, even though i love reading others' mocks. however i just did my own, and when it came time for the jets to pick, the decision came down to cody, a reach de, taylor mays, among others. no odrick, no hughes or kindle. based on the majority of draft boards i've seen, i went with bap, and that was kareem jackson. interesting that the only other mock i have seen recently with the jets taking a cb in the first round was rich gosselin. if the jets get kareem jackson, they can pretty much cover any group of 3 wrs around, and still get a wooten or carrington in the 2nd. in tandem, this may be the best for the jets - they'd be hedged if cromartie busts or plays great, and then is signed by another team.

OMG what has Ham started...or Gil Brandt started...whoever.

Anyway:

1: Cody
    2: Graham
    3: McCourty/Jackson/Robinson
    4: Mays
    5: Someone good.

My thought process is that one of these guys will fall...

Most likely only one of them. Just no telling which.

1) Graham

2) Wilson

3) Kindle

4) Thomas

5) Iupati

Veteran
    1. Cody- Big guy to spell Jenkins and push Jenkins outside for some fancy defense
    2. Jerry Hughes- a pure rusher off the edge could be Dumervil like and would be a good player that would help us get pressure without the blitz
    3. Kyle Wilson- Probably won't be there but if he is he has to be the best available player and he helps the secondary depth which is key come playoffs
    4. Maurkice Pouncey- his stock has been rising so he might not be there but he has to get a look as Faneca's replacement in a year
    5. Taylor Mays- A freak plain and simple
    Linvall Joseph- Only if Cody is taken and his stock really has risen to the first should he be reached for here since it's possible he'll get to mid 2nd

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by dassin View Post
    +1
    +2

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    OMG what has Ham started...
    He does it EVERY year dude.... he gets his following by pounding a name in until you see it all over this site and then people start believing him....

... We should start calling him the Pied Piper of JI.

No offense Ham, I like you... but you do, do it EVERY year, even you have to see the pattern.
    Last edited by Starkweather; 04-13-2010 at 03:32 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    1. Graham
    2. Cody
    3. Mays
    4. Hughes
    5. Iupati

... one of them will be there... with Graham being the least likely, but most wanted on the list.

Leave the, Johnny-come-lately, flavor of the week, 2nd/3rd round reaches/talent/projects for our 2nd or 4th round pick...
    Last edited by Starkweather; 04-13-2010 at 03:38 PM.

1. Taylor Mays-Can change the game at any time with a huge hit, and im a huge fan of players who tackle with a desire to crush you.

2. Everson Griffin-Every time i watch film on him he shows fluid hips, strength at the piont of attack, and is very talented at rushing the passer.

3. Jerry Hughes- He is the best edge rusher in the draft, when he wants to run around the OT he does it every time. He is something we need on our team.

4. Brian Price- Has great acceleration and power, and uses both of them to cause havoc in backfields.

5. Linval Joseph- Shows next level strength and has the speed and hips that are desired in DTs, its no suprise he is rising on so many draft boards.