1. Mays- the risk is worth the reward when you can afford to gamble.
2. Hughes- enough of this "he'll play behind so and so". He who makes plays... plays.
3. Odrick- There's question about his skill, but his pedigree is such you can't ignore.
4. Griffen- I'm concerned about his production, but if Tanny believes, then i do too.
5. Cody/Joseph- one guy is a risk moderate reward scenario, while the other is a reach.
1-Hughes: team still needs an edge rusher. One with ann accomplished arsenal and tools will get starting time on passing downs.
2-McCourty: team has CB depth issue. DM has tools to be a successful nickel CB - and eventual starting 2 CB. We have not had a consistent NB since Mickens.
3-Cody: provides NT depth plain and simple. NTs with TCs measureables are once every decsde.
4-Matthews-Greene has a high injury propensity style, and has been injured already in only limited action. His injury in the champ game likely contributed to our inability to close out the AFCCG and get into the SB. LW coming off of career-threatening multi-bone break. Ladanian is no sure thing for the present and is a two year rental at most, seemingly. Matthews would be in the wings at the latest to split carries in a 3 back rotation next year....barring injury to the starting group this year. Getting a guy like matthews would extend the careers of both Greene and Matthews....
5-Odrick-cant get enough big bodies for the line, addressing depth. Can't see odrick starting at any point this year tho over Devito...
Last edited by Darth Vader; 04-13-2010 at 01:55 PM.
i've never been one to do my own mocks, even though i love reading others' mocks. however i just did my own, and when it came time for the jets to pick, the decision came down to cody, a reach de, taylor mays, among others. no odrick, no hughes or kindle. based on the majority of draft boards i've seen, i went with bap, and that was kareem jackson. interesting that the only other mock i have seen recently with the jets taking a cb in the first round was rich gosselin. if the jets get kareem jackson, they can pretty much cover any group of 3 wrs around, and still get a wooten or carrington in the 2nd. in tandem, this may be the best for the jets - they'd be hedged if cromartie busts or plays great, and then is signed by another team.
1. Cody- Big guy to spell Jenkins and push Jenkins outside for some fancy defense
2. Jerry Hughes- a pure rusher off the edge could be Dumervil like and would be a good player that would help us get pressure without the blitz
3. Kyle Wilson- Probably won't be there but if he is he has to be the best available player and he helps the secondary depth which is key come playoffs
4. Maurkice Pouncey- his stock has been rising so he might not be there but he has to get a look as Faneca's replacement in a year
5. Taylor Mays- A freak plain and simple
Linvall Joseph- Only if Cody is taken and his stock really has risen to the first should he be reached for here since it's possible he'll get to mid 2nd