Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone own a Toyota FJ Cruiser?

All Pro

Anyone own a Toyota FJ Cruiser?

My venerable Corolla from '98 is getting a little long in the tooth and I want a back up plan in case it kicks the bucket soon. It's got 175K miles on it and all I've ever done is change the oil and rotate the tires etc. Great little car. Done my best to kill it and it won't die.

Anyone have an FJ and if so, how do you like it? I know about the blind spot and am not too worried about it.

I'm looking at getting the new green one...to me it looks like the ultimate Jets mobile! :D

[IMG]http://www.toyota.com/img/vehicles/2010/fjcruiser/gallery/full/2010_fj_cruiser_11.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3557084]I know about the blind spot and am not too worried about it.[/QUOTE]

As someone who rides a motorcycle, it warms my heart that people aren't "worried" about their vehicles blind spot.

;)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I wanted one of those things, last year before I bought my TBSS I drove one, not so impressed after that, and they were nearly impossible to find with what I wanted.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3557087]As someone who rides a motorcycle, it warms my heart that people aren't "worried" about their vehicles blind spot.

;)[/QUOTE]

HA HA HA. I more meant, it's been in every single review I've ever read and since I use my mirrors a ton anyway, it won't be much of an adjustment for me.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3557088]I wanted one of those things, last year before I bought my TBSS I drove one, not so impressed after that, and they were nearly impossible to find with what I wanted.[/QUOTE]

Chuckling at you city slickers and suburbanites who think you need a rig like that. For what? To smooth out the speed bumps at the Burger King Drive-thru?:D

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3557104]Chuckling at you city slickers and suburbanites who think you need a rig like that. For what? To smooth out the speed bumps at the Burger King Drive-thru?:D[/QUOTE]

I do a lot of camping in the North GA mountains and it would be perfect for that. I hadda look up WTF a TBSS even was. ;)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3557104]Chuckling at you city slickers and suburbanites who think you need a rig like that. For what? To smooth out the speed bumps at the Burger King Drive-thru?:D[/QUOTE]
    lol...I do need 4wd though, and to be honest with you the condition of the roads in the jersey/ny area I'd be sick destroying my old M3.

I thought some of that stimulus money was suppsed to go into road work? :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3557105]I do a lot of camping in the North GA mountains and it would be perfect for that. I hadda look up WTF a TBSS even was. ;)[/QUOTE]

If it's a lot you get a pass.

Jetswin needs a good suspension rig so his vases from Pottery Barn don't break on the ride home.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=RageATL;3557105]I do a lot of camping in the North GA mountains and it would be perfect for that. I hadda look up WTF a TBSS even was. ;)[/QUOTE]
    [IMG]http://image.automobilemag.com/f/auto_shows/2005_new_york/6678395+w440/0505_1+2006_Chevrolet_Trailblazer_SS+Front_Drivers_Side_View.jpg[/IMG]

The Beast.

[QUOTE]
    the TrailBlazer serves up 390 horsepower and 400 lb-ft of torque thanks to a 6.0L LS2 V8. That power is put to the ground through a four-speed automatic transmission.

The SS package also adds a performance suspension, heavy-duty front disc brakes with Corvette-spec front brake pads and 20 inch wheels.
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by jetswin; 04-13-2010 at 12:18 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3557108]If it's a lot you get a pass.

Jetswin needs a good suspension rig so his vases from Pottery Barn don't break on the ride home.[/QUOTE]
    lol...I'm in my truck way too much believe me

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetswin;3557106]lol...I do need 4wd though, and to be honest with you the condition of the roads in the jersey/ny area I'd be sick destroying my old M3.

[B]I thought some of that stimulus money was suppsed to go into road work? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE][/B]

The gas tax aint enuff?
    :bangwall:

With properly set mirrors, there is no blind spot...is there something different about the FJ Cruiser?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3557106]roads in the [B]jersey[/B]/ny [/QUOTE]

Can you get these people to stop bothering me? They've already wasted three stamps and the pink envelope ain't scaring me.:D

[IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2762/4517747535_d056765b0f.jpg[/IMG]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3557123]Can you get these people to stop bothering me? They've already wasted three stamps and the pink envelope ain't scaring me.:D

[IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2762/4517747535_d056765b0f.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]
    cheater!

lol

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3557126]cheater!

lol[/QUOTE]

Not at all. That EZ pass systen is purposely set up to confuse out of state visitors bringing goodwill and tidings. A profit scam-eh?

Honestly I thought I got them all right. They sent me an up-close picture of my car and license plate which means absolutely nothing. I already know what they look like.:dunno:

Jets Insider VIP

lol....I know. I especially like it when they slow down to 3 MPH to go over train tracks.

Suburban SUV's are like gold plated shovels. Can you use a gold plated shovel to dig a ditch? Sure you could...but are you really going to? (Cadillac Escalades)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3557141]Not at all. That EZ pass systen is purposely set up to confuse out of state visitors bringing goodwill and tidings. A profit scam-eh?

Honestly I thought I got them all right. They sent me an up-close picture of my car and license plate which means absolutely nothing. I already know what they look like.:dunno:[/QUOTE]
    I think I got tricked in Manhattan yesterday morning...the old 1.2 second yellow followed by two falshes of light, I stopped but i was in the middle of the road, not sure if I'm going to get a bs cash grab ticket or not.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetswin;3557148]I think I got tricked in Manhattan yesterday morning...the old 1.2 second yellow followed by two falshes of light, I stopped but i was in the middle of the road, not sure if I'm going to get a bs cash grab ticket or not.[/QUOTE]

My wife got nabbed in Wisconsin recently. As she was nearing an underpass, one of the "construction workers" on top of it took her picture and radioed ahead.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3557087]As someone who rides a motorcycle, it warms my heart that people aren't "worried" about their vehicles blind spot.

;)[/QUOTE]

Personally, the last thing I'm worried about is the physical well being of a doosh on two wheels threading his "hog" through stopped still traffic.

;)

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3557108]If it's a lot you get a pass.

Jetswin needs a good suspension rig so his vases from Pottery Barn don't break on the ride home.[/QUOTE]

lolz

[QUOTE=Timmy®;3557141]Not at all. That EZ pass systen is purposely set up to confuse out of state visitors bringing goodwill and tidings. A profit scam-eh?

Honestly I thought I got them all right. They sent me an up-close picture of my car and license plate which means absolutely nothing. I already know what they look like.:dunno:[/QUOTE]

I dont have my EZ pass mounted...so coming into Staten Island from Jersey I always veg out and barely get it out in time going through the express line...

I'm pretty sure I totally blew through it once, but never heard about it.

:cool:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;3557183]

I dont have my EZ pass mounted...so coming into Staten Island from Jersey I always veg out and barely get it out in time going through the express line...

I'm pretty sure I totally blew through it once, but never heard about it.

:cool:[/QUOTE]

With the high cost of living down there, I'm surprised an EZ Pass violation is only $25 . And I'm really surprised it's still $25 after three letters, I would have expected the old $25, $50, $100.. deal.

Very reasonable

just not reasonable enough

they ain't gonna catch the midnight rider:elvis: