Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does the Marshall Trade Give the Jets More Reason to Draft a CB With its First Pick?

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    It should be
    1. DE or OLB
    2. OLB or DE
    4. CB

OLB should be 1st priority tho

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Maybe. You might be right. I was just looking at what the Jets had this year and what other trade ups cost in the past.
    I believe it is unthinkable to give two firsts except for a franchise QB. And I don't mean Sanchez. I am thinking of a Peyton Manning caliber.
    Going against what I said, when the Jags went from 26th to 8th to take Harvey in 08 they gave up a reasonable package. Swap first round picks, 2 thirds and a fourth that year. That doesnt seem that bad to move up 18 spots but we dont have many picks to begin with.

At this point, whoever we draft will help the team, and unless it's a DE, will most likely not start.

Quote Originally Posted by nyctomjetsfan View Post
    We need a pass rusher and the more i think about it the more i like Jerry Hughes at 29 but i'm still hoping for a move to get Graham...
    This.

Passrusher in the first, then possibly CB in the 2nd. Our final outstanding need is a consistent passrusher to kill the other qb. Revis/Cro will be feasting.
    With Rex at the helm formulating his devilish defensive schemes there'l be no escaping the Jets dragnet.

I don't think the Marshall trade puts anymore pressure on the Jets to draft another CB. That pressure was already well placed by the Colts as they shredded our secondary in the playoffs.

Banned
    We're fine at CB we need Safety, DL and OLB. Depth on the O-line wouldn't hurt either.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by newjakecity View Post
    No for a few reasons:

1) Revis can handle Marshall, Cromartie can handle Bess, and Lowery can handle Camarillo.

2) We need a pass rush and youth along the dline.

Now if they feel a cornerback is the best player available, then that's fine. I just think that if you look at whose likely to be there at 29, corner would be more of a reach at this point.
    Ding Ding Ding ( that's +1 in game show speak)
    Every year there are more CB's taken than any other position.
    Last year it was 37.

All Pro
    all the more reason to get Mays.... unleash violence AND then see who wants to commit to that post route.

Revis will be fine against Marshall, he's shut down every other top WR. Bess and Camarillo are those annoying possession types that seemed to give us fits last year though. I think Cromartie will be huge though. I'm sure we could use another CB, but we only really need depth.

The only way I could see CB early is if it's far and away the BPA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    I think it does. I wanted McCourty or Jackson before Marshall was traded to the Fins, and now I want the Jets to go that direction even more. Alternatively, Chris Cook in the second round wouldn't be a bad consolation prize, but there's no guarantee he'll last that long.
    Good Post!!!

COOK would be a great pick for the jets bc of Marshall going to miami. There are a few cb's in the draft that i wouldnt mind seeing the jets get now.

Marshall doesn't change things that much, it's a nice addition for the phins, but it isn't like they have Peyton Manning running that offense.

Their defense is also in shambles, they have a ton of holes.

I think we need to get another CB in the first or second round so we have the depth at CB to beat teams like the Colts in the AFC Championship and their 3 WR attack, not because of Marshall.

To me, we need to go DE/CB/OLB (pass rusher) with our top two picks

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    He isn't getting past 7.

Imagine what it would cost to move up 22 spots?
    the jets are not going to pay first round money for a safety.if they do trade up it will be defensive end or tackle. doesnt that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Revis will be fine against Marshall, he's shut down every other top WR. Bess and Camarillo are those annoying possession types that seemed to give us fits last year though. I think Cromartie will be huge though. I'm sure we could use another CB, but we only really need depth.

The only way I could see CB early is if it's far and away the BPA.
    I was sorry to see that the jets resigned coleman.he just doesn't have it.the jets can afford to gamble in the draft.

I thought we were planning on a super bowl this year?

If we're a playoff team, it doesn't matter how well we match up against the Dolphins, it matters how well we match up against the Colts, Chargers, and other elite teams (throw the Pats in there as well).

In order to beat these teams we need plenty of quality depth at DB. Our defensive backs were exposed last year against the Colts. If we had an answer for Garcon (and a healthy Shonn Greene), we would have been playing against the Saints.

I'm not saying we definitely have to go CB or S at #29, but we need to add quality DB depth early in this draft, it's an absolute priority if we want to win it all.
    Last edited by Long Suffering Jets Fan; 04-17-2010 at 09:44 AM.