for those that cant access then here you go

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...ory?id=5080622

New York Jets
    Top needs: OLB, DE, FS, WR, CB, OL, PK
    First round (29): DE Everson Griffen
    Second round (61): WR Jordan Shipley
    Third round: No third-round picks
    Fourth round (124): CB Terrence Johnson
    Summary: Griffen has a chance to be a terror in the Rex Ryan system. He has great size mixed with superior athleticism, and most importantly, his best days are ahead of him. Think Terrell Suggs and Adalius Thomas. Ryan can do similar things with Griffen. Shipley is a sure-handed slot target whom Mark Sanchez should grow to depend on in the way Colt McCoy did. I like Johnson for CB depth behind Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie. He's a sleeper.

i'd love the griffen pick. ship is a good player but kind of a reach in round 2.

and unless he's ran a 4.2 40 yard dash I don't know about... Terrence Johnson from California PA is an Al Davis-like reach in round 4. could happen i guess...

I really don't like Griffen as a prospect. I think the one of the biggest reasons he's being ranked so high is because he's from SC. I would be upset if we picked him. I'd be even more upset if we picked up Shipley in a second. First of all, Shipley is a huge reach in the second. Secondly, I really don't want to devote our 2nd, 3rd, and two 5th picks just to receivers this year. I understand that we may not be able to keep Holmes and Edwards next year, but there's still no need to draft a WR that early this year. If we draft one much later in the draft, fine, but this early is dumb.

What's wrong with Griffen?

That would be a solid draft but I would still be surprised if the Jets sat pat in this draft and stayed with their current picks. Tanny has made it a habit to trade up and down the draft board and I really don't see that changing now.

When compared to other OLB in the first, he just seems really average to me. He looks like another player that relies on his strength and athleticism to get a pass rush, not football skills. Even a lot of diehard SC fans don't really like him and think his college production is only because he went again so-so OT's at SC. There's a lot of other OLB's I'd rather have than him.

Looking at Kiper's mock, I'd rather Sergio Kindle, Jerry Hughes, or Ricky Sapp more than Everson Griffen at 29 if we're going OLB in round 1.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeZiTe View Post
    Looking at Kiper's mock, I'd rather Sergio Kindle, Jerry Hughes, or Ricky Sapp more than Everson Griffen at 29 if we're going OLB in round 1.
    where does he have kindle going?

Quote Originally Posted by WeeZiTe View Post
    Griffen's a bigger and better athlete than all of them.

I wonder who's goat Griffen f*cked that has him so underrated. I think he might end up being the best DE from this draft.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 04-14-2010 at 09:30 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

this is one of the worst collection of players I've seen put together for the Jets...

Quote Originally Posted by vilmas vengance View Post
    for those that cant access then here you go

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...ory?id=5080622

New York Jets
    Top needs: OLB, DE, FS, WR, CB, OL, PK
    First round (29): DE Everson Griffen
    Second round (61): WR Jordan Shipley
    Third round: No third-round picks
    Fourth round (124): CB Terrence Johnson
    Summary: Griffen has a chance to be a terror in the Rex Ryan system. He has great size mixed with superior athleticism, and most importantly, his best days are ahead of him. Think Terrell Suggs and Adalius Thomas. Ryan can do similar things with Griffen. Shipley is a sure-handed slot target whom Mark Sanchez should grow to depend on in the way Colt McCoy did. I like Johnson for CB depth behind Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie. He's a sleeper.
    Exactly what position will Everson Griffen line up at w/the Jets?? He has neither the instincts nor pass rush skills to be an OLB nor the size or growth potential to be a two-gap end....the comparison to Terrell Suggs who tormented QB's in college is laughable- ditto for Thomas...

Shipley's a nice pick- in round four....

Johnson is a nice sleeper in round 6-7, but the Jets don't need another dime back- they've already got about four on the roster...

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    where does he have kindle going?
    I don't know if there's a place where he has a mock past the first round but he doesn't have Kindle going in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Griffen's a bigger and better athlete than all of them.

I wonder who's goat Griffen f*cked that has him so underrated. I think he might end up being the best DE from this draft.
    I don't know if he ****ed any goats (maybe he did?) but I don't think he'd be a good pick for us. He's a tweener and while he's very athletic, that will only get him so far. He might fit in better with a 4-3 D where he can play DE.