36 52.94%
  • Nay

32 47.06%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Terrence Cody @ 29?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    we can talk about what shape he was in until the cows come home

the bottom line Saban had no problems with his weight... the scouts did... and that defense kicked ass.

Saban won the national championship with a first team all-american first team sec "slob" at the middle of his defense.

my stance its not really gonna be an issue for the Jets

too many other 3-4 teams need terrence cody more than the Jets do. he's the 3rd string NT at best on this team
    Agree short term #3 NT long term though lots of up-side. If there at 29 would not complain, at least for 2 years or until he got the Gholston rap. Which I don't think will happen with this guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    we can talk about what shape he was in until the cows come home

the bottom line Saban had no problems with his weight... the scouts did... and that defense kicked ass.

Saban won the national championship with a first team all-american first team sec "slob" at the middle of his defense.

my stance its not really gonna be an issue for the Jets

too many other 3-4 teams need terrence cody more than the Jets do. he's the 3rd string NT at best on this team
    bit, what about CAM THOMAS in the later rounds? What is your opinion? IMO, He is a big guy, very strong and can surely playNT.

Cody is a heck of a football player... i would not be mad at all if we selected him... to many work out warriors are selected over natural football players

Jets Insider VIP
    I think fatso will last until well into the second round. We don't need a player that can beat Rex in a hot dog eating competition

there are way better choices at 29 than him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    We need a big NT to rotate and eventually replace Kris Jenkins, definitely yes. This guy is big and can dominate
    Big NTs? What planet are you living on? We need undersized nose tackles who can do jumping jacks out of a pool, run a nice 40 yard dash and not prove themselves against top competitiion in college like Dewayne Robertson. Not a big fatso space eater like Cody.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    bit, what about CAM THOMAS in the later rounds? What is your opinion? IMO, He is a big guy, very strong and can surely playNT.
    he wont be there when the Jets pick in round 2... JMO he's a late rounder that's become a mid or early rounder. best as a 4-3 NT