Thread: ESPN: Grudens QB Camp

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

ESPN: Grudens QB Camp

Obviously we won't be drafting a QB but still a good watch if anyone is interested. On right now on ESPN. Basically just breaks down the top 4 QBs watching film and such. And watch Clausen throw his teammate under the bus

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a great special. It's interesting to see the QB's respond to direct criticism by a knowledgable coach. Seeing Clausen deflect the criticism onto coaches and teammates helps show you why some teams don't like his character. I really wish that they had this last year, I would've loved to have seen Sanchez on it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great stuff. Absolutely fascinating. Love the play breakdowns and the critiques on these kids. I agree it would have been awesome to see Sanchez on there.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gruden is grilling these guys. He's being merciless.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Put Tebow's head on Clausen's body and you have the best QB prospect to come out in a long time, in my opinion.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gruden just gave Revis props. Nice.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeZiTe View Post
    Gruden just gave Revis props. Nice.
    haha was just gonna post that. Not an exact quote but.. "Do you know #24 Revis? You dont pick a fight with a fan do you? There's just some guys you respect"

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    haha was just gonna post that. Not an exact quote but.. "Do you know #24 Revis? You dont pick a fight with a fan do you? There's just some guys you respect"
    He said "you wont stick your face in a fan, would you?"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Put Tebow's head on Clausen's body and you have the best QB prospect to come out in a long time, in my opinion.
    You'd probably also have to put Peyton Manning or Tom Brady's brain into Tebow's head because he has no idea how to run a pro style offense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raysdaone View Post
    He said "you wont stick your face in a fan, would you?"
    Eh I was close lol. Just shows you though how teams are thinking now when they play the Jets and against Revis. Next year teams will definitely stay away from him and there's no way he gets thrown at the 100 something times like he did last year.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    You'd probably also have to put Peyton Manning or Tom Brady's brain into Tebow's head because he has no idea how to run a pro style offense.
    Yeah, good point. I was just talking about Tebow's will and ambition. I love Clausen's talent, but he came off like a real dickhead in this Special.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, good point. I was just talking about Tebow's will and ambition. I love Clausen's talent, but he came off like a real dickhead in this Special.
    So different to Sanchize who's humble yet confident, even keeled and likable not to mention 10X the prospect this brat is. He's mentally weak and immature, he'll crumble in the NFL cauldron. Imagine if he was exposed to the roasting and excessive criticism from NY media that NY Qbs get, he wouldn't last.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was it just me or did Colt Mccoy come off as a total loser?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Totally agreed with you, Fiji. I really really liked Clausen before this show and couldn't understand why he was getting all of the bad press he was getting. Now I totally get it. He's a primadonna. McCoy also seemed like a baby when Gruden was telling him he needs to speak better. I think the only player that responded extremely well to criticism was Tebow. I don't know if it was because Tebow is used to the criticism more or he is just that much tougher. I was really impressed with him though. I hope he is able to get it together and succeed in the NFL. Unless the Pats draft him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're not drafting these guys because they're angels. Welll...guys not named Tebow anyway. I'd feel weird as hell having to sit in front of a real former NFL offensive "guru" and take his criticisms while on the major sports network in the country.

Clausen looks like a dude who likes to get f*cked up.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 04-16-2010 at 12:37 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really like Gruden, and while he isn't coaching right now - I have to believe he will again and soon. I'm not sure if he interviewed for the Seahawks HC spot or not, I know ESPN mentioned he may get an interview. But clearly he's a talented O Coordinator who I wouldn't mind coaching Sanchez should B-Shott leave next year.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    You're not drafting these guys because they're angels. Welll...guys not named Tebow anyway. I'd feel weird as hell having to sit in front of a real former NFL offensive "guru" and take his criticisms while on the major sports network in the country.

Clausen looks like a dude who likes to get f*cked up.
    If you're an NFL quarterback you should be able to take criticism. Especially since it was obvious that Gruden was intentionally being a dick to see how they'd react. They shouldve realized this and at least put on a show. And you are drafting these guys based on their ability to lead and put their whole team on their shoulders. Psychological games like this show how the QBs will respond after they had a bad game or two and you don't want a QB that will blame his coordinators receivers like Clausen did. I'm just happy we were able to get Sanchez last year because if we needed a franchise QB this year I'd be really worried.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Surprising coming from ESPN, but this is actually a really interesting segment they've been doing. I saw the McCoy one the other day and just watched the Clausen one. Good stuff.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    great segment gruden just lays into some of these kids...

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bradford knows his stuff compared to everyone else which strikes me as he is trying to be in the big money asap