Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dez Bryant thread, vol 2.

All Pro

The Dez Bryant thread, vol 2.

So what happens now. All the chips seem to falling into place, except the fact that we got holmes.. on a 1 year lease.

He's off of CLE, SEA, JAX and other's draft boards.

DEN's not gonna trade a marshall for a bryant. makes no sense.

MIA... ya.

SF.. don't see it.

PIT... ah no.

What do we do about this.

We watch one of those teams you listed probably take him.

Bryant's the villian of the draft right now, but what a minor villian that is.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 04-16-2010 at 01:35 AM.

I think Denver would be crazy not to take him, the game film of him just jumps out. He clearly fills a need and should be available when they pick. Prolly the Broncs HC wants to get run out of town, if they don't pick Dez.

Denver would be stupid not to pick him up. I don't think he would get past the Ravens, either.

All Pro
    Den's not taking Dez. I guarantee you that. You can pencil in Rolando McCLain in the first, and they have the picks to grab A. Benn, D. Williams, G. Tate, etc in the 2nd.

If Denver doesn't take him Jerry Jones will...

Dez is not dropping to 29...

Dez goes 14th to Seattle

All Pro
    I agree that DAL to me so far seems like the stopgate.... sigh.

Dallas needs an OT very badly now that they have dumped Flozell Adams. I wouldn't pencil Bryant in there automatically.

Also trade ups are a very real possibility. Of the teams before us you may as well worry about the Pats as much as anyone if he slides past the teens.

All Pro
    ya i'm not ready to guarantee his arrival in Dallas. Jerry Jones will have hard time passing on him though.

All Pro
    There goes Ginn to SF..

They're now less likely to take Bryant or Spiller i would think

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    There goes Ginn to SF..

They're now less likely to take Bryant or Spiller i would think
    Bryant and Spiller >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ginn

I hope SF is dumb enough to not take potential great players because of Ginn. It's like people saying we will not take an edge rusher if we sign Jason Taylor. If the Jets passed up a solid future guy for a 35 year old near washed up player I'd be irate.

Sorry. If he's there at 29 (which I doubt) I still wouldn't want him. What are the Jets (a HEAVY running team) supposed to do with all those WRs? The top 3 have egos to an extent and they will want the ball. 3 plus Keller and LT is more than enough.

Jets Insider VIP
    Paradis, you WANT the Jets to draft Bryant?

Yes, Holmes is on a 1 year rental and missing 4 games, but Bryant will be no better than 5th on the depth chart behind Cotch, Edwards, Holmes & Smith.

That's a waste of a 1st rounder just to take him for insurance when--as someone else said in other threads--there will be other Dez Bryants in future drafts to fill a present need.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Bryant and Spiller >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ginn

I hope SF is dumb enough to not take potential great players because of Ginn. It's like people saying we will not take an edge rusher if we sign Jason Taylor. If the Jets passed up a solid future guy for a 35 year old near washed up player I'd be irate.
    Why put Bryant & Spiller >>> Ginn ? No one's going to argue about that. SF was never going to take Bryant, but Spiller was atleast possible because of his return man ability, which is about the only thing Ginn has..

I don't know if you anyone's told you folks this, but SF has kind.. uh, uhm, whats the word, SUCKED the last decade. There's no lack of talent of offense, but they need 0-linemen, and they need some bodies in the secondary.

Earl thomas, Anthony Davis. mark it down.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Paradis, you WANT the Jets to draft Bryant?

Yes, Holmes is on a 1 year rental and missing 4 games, but Bryant will be no better than 5th on the depth chart behind Cotch, Edwards, Holmes & Smith.

That's a waste of a 1st rounder just to take him for insurance when--as someone else said in other threads--there will be other Dez Bryants in future drafts to fill a present need.
    Dez would be our #1 within 6 weeks.

Say you're right . . . you want Edwards, Cotch, or Holmes "subbing" in?

WR is now a strength. Could it be even stronger? Sure. But there are other areas that need a greater influx of talent.

I'll be psyched with WHOEVER they pick, b/c I'm currently on a "Tanny high" and feel the man can do no wrong.

But I'd like to see a better rushing attack, secondary, or even OL depth before I see another WR.

Some of you talk as though Bryant is some supreme talent. He has his physical flaws. Thomas is more talented than Bryant is to be honest. Best case scenario for Dez imo is Keyshawn Johnson. Excellent possession receiver.

Not only that, but Dez really does have questionable character. He'll be taking personal fouls without a doubt.

You overrate him in a big way... Or you are underating what we have now.

If everything works out for him, he's Keyshawn. That is very good but not a MUST have.

Why put Bryant & Spiller >>> Ginn ? No one's going to argue about that. SF was never going to take Bryant, but Spiller was atleast possible because of his return man ability, which is about the only thing Ginn has..

I don't know if you anyone's told you folks this, but SF has kind.. uh, uhm, whats the word, SUCKED the last decade. There's no lack of talent of offense, but they need 0-linemen, and they need some bodies in the secondary.

Earl thomas, Anthony Davis. mark it down.
    Hey it's fine of you to say that they will take a safety and and o-lineman but you indicated they probably wouldn't take the other players mentioned because of Ginn, which is nonsense in my mind. If you had already decided that SF was NOT taking the two guys why did you make a post about it in the first place?