Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Dez Bryant thread, vol 2.

All Pro
    ^ cause i could see the case for Spiller. but if you got Ginn on returns now, that was enough to solidy taking Earl thomas if he is there.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    . He has his physical flaws. Thomas is more talented than Bryant is to be honest. .
    Wow, just wow.

Edwards & Holmes are low on the pecking order for receiving contracts next year. Mangold, Revis, Harris, Ferguson, etc etc are all in line.

Win superbowl this year, release Holmes, Bryant reaches full potential, win 2nd superbowl, and the repeatedly do so for 5 years.

Paradis, I completely agree with you that Dez is a special talent, but I still think the Jets would be dumb to take him. As good as he is, he won't get that many touches in our system. We run most of the time and we already have 3 (maybe 4 counting Keller) who would get more targets than him. I'd much rather bolster our defense this year and then go after one of the ELITE WR talents that are coming out next year. You're right, Holmes or Edwards is probably gone after this year, but we could worry about that next year and next year is a great draft to be looking for a receiver in.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Wow, just wow.

Edwards & Holmes are low on the pecking order for receiving contracts next year. Mangold, Revis, Harris, Ferguson, etc etc are all in line.

Win superbowl this year, release Holmes, Bryant reaches full potential, win 2nd superbowl, and the repeatedly do so for 5 years.
    We'll see how it plays out.

Amazing too considering year after year there are people who just get suckered so much into certain things. Few years ago there were a lot of people who thought Mike Williams was a can't miss star. People were laffing and laffing when I was going on about how much better Roddy White was going to be.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeZiTe View Post
    Paradis, I completely agree with you that Dez is a special talent, but I still think the Jets would be dumb to take him. next year is a great draft to be looking for a receiver in.
    I know i know.. dammit. It makes next no sense to take him this year. I'd trade Holmes back in a second for Bryant. Baldwin and Jones next year are the only reason i'm not insane right now.

Amazing too considering year after year there are people who just get suckered so much into certain things. Few years ago there were a lot of people who thought Mike Williams was a can't miss star. People were laffing and laffing when I was going on about how much better Roddy White was going to be.

You don't have to preach to me brother. I was the one man 'hating on hey-bey' campaign last year amongst others. But once in a while, a franchise WR comes along. Dez Bryant is a franchise WR, make no mistake about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I know i know.. dammit. It makes next no sense to take him this year. I'd trade Holmes back in a second for Bryant. Baldwin and Jones next year are the only reason i'm not insane right now.
    It's an interesting though, but I think I'd rather have Holmes this year and see how he does, be able to draft an awesome pass rusher this year, and if it doesn't work out with Holmes, go after a sick WR next year. I think it'll work out for us.

You overrate him in a big way... Or you are underating what we have now.

If everything works out for him, he's Keyshawn. That is very good but not a MUST have.
    If everything works out for him he's Andre Johnson...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    I think Denver would be crazy not to take him, the game film of him just jumps out. He clearly fills a need and should be available when they pick. Prolly the Broncs HC wants to get run out of town, if they don't pick Dez.
    McDumbass and the Broncos FO is currently so inept they might actually ignore their current biggest need and pass up a talented young receiver like Bryant.

I'd be surprised if he fell to 29. Too many teams need WR.