Thread: TJ Ward for the Jets

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

TJ Ward for the Jets

I like this player and am surprised he doesn't get any attention around here.

I know he's been injured.

Can he contribute his first year? Prob not. If we were better at safety I'd say this is our man. Price is right. Tough player whose more of a hitter than a ball hawk.

I guess the question comes down to Eric Smith, Brodney and Dig being able to hold down the fort??

Ugh..Maybe Lowery Moves over to S if We draft a NB at 29..? I could see Rex alternating between Poole, Lowery, Dig in different schemes.

What do you guys think?? There has to be a move at the safety position in the draft with Holmes and Cromartie coming in. I really don't want mays-and thats coming from an SC fan.

PS-BONUS*
    Special Teams
    Last edited by MarkyMarkSanchez; 04-16-2010 at 03:10 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ughh noo thats reaching for that guy @ 29

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We need safety help, I see Ward as a fifth round pick, so I'm all in at round six for the Jets. Ward is a little short, good tackler, an in the box safety with a little less than adequate range but kind of a Rex player.
    IMO we need a coverage safety, so I think moving Lowery to safety is the way to go, getting reps at corner and safety. With only five picks, its difficult to draft two CB's, but with Lowery shifting to Safety and my distaste for Drew Coleman (Okay for specials but I have High Anxiety when Drew is playing CB). I'm looking at Murphy or Ghee at 61 and Crezdon Butler, Sherrick McManus or Nolan Carroll in the sixth. In short IMO this draft has better value at CB than safety (after Berry, Thomas, Mays & Allen), so moving Lowery to Safety and drafting two CB's has some merit.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sharper

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    ughh noo thats reaching for that guy @ 29

LOL you think?? Where did I mention him in the 1st? The guy is a 4th round pick at best-highly unlikely. I see value and I like it. Any chance the jets take two safeties?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetOrange View Post
    We need safety help, I see Ward as a fifth round pick, so I'm all in at round six for the Jets. Ward is a little short, good tackler, an in the box safety with a little less than adequate range but kind of a Rex player.
    IMO we need a coverage safety, so I think moving Lowery to safety is the way to go, getting reps at corner and safety. With only five picks, its difficult to draft two CB's, but with Lowery shifting to Safety and my distaste for Drew Coleman (Okay for specials but I have High Anxiety when Drew is playing CB). I'm looking at Murphy or Ghee at 61 and Crezdon Butler, Sherrick McManus or Nolan Carroll in the sixth. In short IMO this draft has better value at CB than safety (after Berry, Thomas, Mays & Allen), so moving Lowery to Safety and drafting two CB's has some merit.
    Ya definitely strong against the run and not a cover guy but does have loose hips and is decent in that area. I like Jamar Wall in the 6th Orange...Thoughts? Honestly I wish we still had that 5th becasue I think Blount is a steal in the 5th-doubt he hangs around till the 6th. I mean I like santonio-don't get me wrong but this draft is loaded!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post
    I like this player and am surprised he doesn't get any attention around here.

I know he's been injured.

Can he contribute his first year? Prob not. If we were better at safety I'd say this is our man. Price is right. Tough player whose more of a hitter than a ball hawk.

I guess the question comes down to Eric Smith, Brodney and Dig being able to hold down the fort??

Ugh..Maybe Lowery Moves over to S if We draft a NB at 29..? I could see Rex alternating between Poole, Lowery, Dig in different schemes.

What do you guys think?? There has to be a move at the safety position in the draft with Holmes and Cromartie coming in. I really don't want mays-and thats coming from an SC fan.

PS-BONUS*
    Special Teams
    I've been tooting his horn for awhile. He would be a great 2nd round pick.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMarkSanchez View Post
    Ya definitely strong against the run and not a cover guy but does have loose hips and is decent in that area. I like Jamar Wall in the 6th Orange...Thoughts? Honestly I wish we still had that 5th becasue I think Blount is a steal in the 5th-doubt he hangs around till the 6th. I mean I like santonio-don't get me wrong but this draft is loaded!
    Jamar Wall in the 6th works for me, I think he may be there due to the number of quality CB's

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    dont want anyone who has inurjies

no guys who are hurt before they start the pro careers.

they are only gonna get more hurt, not less hurt.

no demaryius thomas, no jahvid best, no sam bradford, no tj ward, no eric decker, no jamar wall... these guys would not be on my draft board. unless they had a season or seasons to prove they were healthy. and even then id be concerned.

Pro day doesn't really prove it for me. Suh had a knee injury but played with it in real games and a very high level afterward.

Id miss out on Michael Crabtree... and probably other good players using that rule.

I know medical science is great. and they do wonderful things with drugs these days.

but Injuries are tough to overcome in the NFL, it's just a brutal game. these guys get hurt, and they heal slower with age.