Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jake Gyllenhaal to play Joe Namath in biopic

Jake Gyllenhaal to play Joe Namath in biopic

saw this, thought it was worth mentioning, I don't know about the choice.

in terms of a being a movie, it could be sweet if they decide to go like in a boogie nights direction, it'll probly focus very little on actual football, wonder who they'll get to play Weeb.

oh and the director is the guy who did, amazing but disturbed girl interrupted, but also movies that were both critically good and very entertaining like walk the line and 3:10 to Yuma.

also his name is mangold, :D

[url]http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2010/04/jake-gyllenhaal-to-play-joe-namath-in-biopic[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Hate to type-cast, but Brokeback trumps studly football guy in the collective consciousness methinks.

He prolly should have reversed the order of these movies on his resume iffin he wanted to be taken seriously.

Just sayin.

:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=32green;3561309]Hate to type-cast, but Brokeback trumps studly football guy in the collective consciousness methinks.

He prolly should have reversed the order of these movies on his resume iffin he wanted to be taken seriously.

Just sayin.

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

No doubt in my mind he throws like a sissy. Ugh... I might have to pass on this movie.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=32green;3561309]Hate to type-cast, but Brokeback trumps studly football guy in the collective consciousness methinks.

Just sayin.

?? I thought all three of those movies were very good...Yuma was great

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jetswin;3561322]?? I thought all three of those movies were very good...Yuma was great[/QUOTE]

Brokeback Mountain....great? I'm talking about Jake.

:eek:
    Last edited by 32green; 04-16-2010 at 09:01 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=32green;3561326]Brokeback Mountain....great? I'm talking about Jake.

:eek:[/QUOTE]
    lol...oops, I was talking about the director, I decided Jake was an awful choice when we had that big thread months ago on this :cool:

[IMG]http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/blogger/_lztJB_QxZ6I/R08omVxVJmI/AAAAAAAAAN4/EL79wSKOgxQ/s200/kissingkolber.jpg[/IMG]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jetswin;3561336]lol...oops, I was talking about the director, I decided Jake was an awful choice when we had that big thread months ago on this :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yeah.....

OK....

Later dude.

Whatever.

:eek:

:D;)
    _

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;3561338][IMG]http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/blogger/_lztJB_QxZ6I/R08omVxVJmI/AAAAAAAAAN4/EL79wSKOgxQ/s200/kissingkolber.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Amazing.

Heath Ledger will be cast as Don Maynard and there will be an "I can't quit you!" scene. Oh wait...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Jets Things;3561369]Amazing.

Heath Ledger will be cast as Don Maynard and there will be an "I can't quit you!" scene. Oh wait...[/QUOTE]

Gerry Philbin hears the sound of spitting, two hands rubbing together, runs in and shouts "Egads....Great Ceasars ghost, what is going on in..wtf...omg...
    uh uh blech pitooooey"

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=32green;3561420]Gerry Philbin hears the sound of spitting, two hands rubbing together, runs in and shouts "Egads....Great Ceasars ghost, what is going on in..wtf...omg...
    uh uh blech pitooooey"[/QUOTE]

Then your boy Emerson walks in and says "'scuse me while I whip this out." Hilarity ensues.

Awesome line from the article...
    [QUOTE]Jake Gyllenhaal seems too short and stocky to play him, but one thing they both have in common is sore knees. Oh right, like you didnít know I would this into a gay joke somehow.
    [/QUOTE]

I must say, it's a close look a like... but Jake really did ruin his career with that homo film. I'm not interested in seeing Brokeback Namath.

And I've now learned that around the hamper I need watch my eCornhole. Some untrustworthy fellers in here.... :D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=Jets Things;3561438]Then your boy Emerson walks in and says "'scuse me while I whip this out." Hilarity ensues.[/QUOTE]

lmao...:D

Then Cleavon Little...ah never mind.

An actor from Bareback Mounting? kinda puts a new spin on "going under center", I will not watch.

Seriously.

The movie you are talking about that "ruined his career" was a critically acclaimed move that won oscars.

He was also in Donnie Darko, Jarhead, and a few others. I don't think it's bad casting at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3561586]Seriously.

The movie you are talking about that "ruined his career" was a critically acclaimed move that won oscars.

He was also in Donnie Darko, Jarhead, and a few others. I don't think it's bad casting at all.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/071017/bubble_l.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3561586]Seriously.

He was also in Donnie Darko, Jarhead, and a few others. I don't think it's bad casting at all.[/QUOTE]

Rendition and Brothers were pretty good, but Tobey Maguire overshadowed him in Brothers

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=soks45;3561219]saw this, thought it was worth mentioning, I don't know about the choice.

[B]in terms of a being a movie, it could be sweet if they decide to go like in a boogie nights direction, it'll probly focus very little on actual football, wonder who they'll get to play Weeb.[/B]oh and the director is the guy who did, amazing but disturbed girl interrupted, but also movies that were both critically good and very entertaining like walk the line and 3:10 to Yuma.

also his name is mangold, :D

[url]http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2010/04/jake-gyllenhaal-to-play-joe-namath-in-biopic[/url][/QUOTE]

This, football and hairy beaver. A recipe made in heaven

"Or would it be a figurative beaver fall? Point is, there were lots of vaginas around. And probably they were really hairy ones, as that was the style at the time"

Hall Of Fame

Just sayin.

Wait...YOU saw brokeback? :eek:

I refused, and still do to this day. :D

Having said that, he was very good in Brothers and Jarhead, and you put a fu manchu and some long hair on him and I'd bet he'd be pretty good in the roll.