Thread: Can Pouha play DE?

Can Pouha play DE?

I've been thinking about this for a few weeks. If the Jets pick up a Nose Tackle, Cody, Cam Thomas, etc... that can spell Jenks, how would Pouha look at DE. I think he would be a good fit. Not the pass rusher that you may want, but as far as eating up blockers, stopping the run, and freeing up the LBs to make plays, I'd be happy with him there. Thoughts.

What the Jets really need is a DE not a NT. Hopefully we will pick up a dynamic player in the draft that can shift all over the line and create havoc.

Pouha can play DE... and the defense also has 4 down linemen looks so he can play DT too... not just a nose.

by the way it should be noted Tanny mentioned Pitoitua by name in yesterday's pre draft press conference. I know you all will say that's misinformation but I'm telling you all he's a real deal player.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3561433]Pouha can play DE... and the defense also has 4 down linemen looks so he can play DT too... not just a nose.

by the way it should be noted Tanny mentioned Pitoitua by name in yesterday's pre draft press conference. I know you all will say that's misinformation but I'm telling you all he's a real deal player.[/QUOTE]

While I think Pouha is good, he seems too slow for a DE: not fast enough to get into the backfield and not fast enough on a run to get over to make a play in time.

Rex'll find someway to make it work. Imagine Cody, Jenkins, and Pouha on the line? Yeesh that's scary.