Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Cross Country Road Trip

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Cross Country Road Trip

Hey all
    Graduating from Lehigh U in May with no job so some friends and I are taking a road trip to cali.
    Any suggestions on routes, places to stop (definitely trying to hit up some MLB ballparks) , ways to save on gas (i was thinking of joining like a loyalty program or something), etc?

Also- anyone have any prospects for a job in marketing?

Go jets?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Nyj421osag;3562562]Hey all
    Graduating from Lehigh U in May with no job so some friends and I are taking a road trip to cali.
    Any suggestions on routes, places to stop [/QUOTE]

JI legend crayc took a road trip a few years back. Here are some highlights, you might learn something.

"Alright so i am officialy on vacation until july 8th. So my plan is to go on a road trip from brooklyn to chicago and on to wisconsin. ON my way i will be stopping at atlantic city, then stopping real quick to philly for a cheesesteak. then i plan on stopping at canton. Skip indiana go all the way up to wisconsin then drop back down to chicago."

"I will be doing all the driving. i plan on sleeping 2 hours here and there on long drives. I am going with a friend who has no license. I got weed for the ride too. not a pound or anything because i dont wanna get caught but a nice blunt that i can eat if cops stop me lol"

"I will make it dammit. As long as i dont go over the speed limit and cruise control all the way. Ye si might get pulled over and asked what the hell i am doing in ohio and indiana and chicago and wisconsin. i will just say i have pounds of weed in my trunk and i am trying to distribute it. lol [B]Don't worry guys. I have a marriott employee card. It works magic, i gave it to many cops when they pulled me over and they let me go.[/B]"

And the result

"I drove to atlantic city, lost 300 on poker dammit. LOL stood over, went to that white house sandwich shop some one on here recommended thanks. drove straight to pittsburgh, i was tired of all the driving so we stopped and went into that street with all the bars. it was ok, pittsburgh sucked. I left that nigt drove straight to sandusky ohio so it could make my drive to milwaukke easier. Went to sleep in the car. woke up drove to Milwaukee. got there sunday night. Went to summerfest, got wasted everyday had a blast, girls in milwaukee are hot, wednesday went to chicago, wrigleyville was cool, lots of bars got drunk everyday got ass. It was awesome, drove back to cleveland. CLEVELAND SUCKS ASS. We were in the warehouse district. Drove back and got a ticket in PA for speeding. Damn they finally caught me. I was going 120 for a long time. They caught me doing 80. So hey i got away with a alot. Drove to that premium outlets in jersey bought a load of clothes and a nice fossil watch. Now i am back All this in 10 days. The ass was great too.oh the ass's, i am too lazy to go to a photosite to upload it. one was puerto rican chick, slim nice ass. another one was a nice white girl in miilwaukee and theoter was an indian and like german or some**** in chicago. only have a pic of two the others were one nighters from a bar. we were wasted"

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3562579]JI legend crayc took a road trip a few years back. Here are some highlights, you might learn something.

"Alright so i am officialy on vacation until july 8th. So my plan is to go on a road trip from brooklyn to chicago and on to wisconsin. ON my way i will be stopping at atlantic city, then stopping real quick to philly for a cheesesteak. then i plan on stopping at canton. Skip indiana go all the way up to wisconsin then drop back down to chicago."

"I will be doing all the driving. i plan on sleeping 2 hours here and there on long drives. I am going with a friend who has no license. I got weed for the ride too. not a pound or anything because i dont wanna get caught but a nice blunt that i can eat if cops stop me lol"

"I will make it dammit. As long as i dont go over the speed limit and cruise control all the way. Ye si might get pulled over and asked what the hell i am doing in ohio and indiana and chicago and wisconsin. i will just say i have pounds of weed in my trunk and i am trying to distribute it. lol [B]Don't worry guys. I have a marriott employee card. It works magic, i gave it to many cops when they pulled me over and they let me go.[/B]"

And the result

"I drove to atlantic city, lost 300 on poker dammit. LOL stood over, went to that white house sandwich shop some one on here recommended thanks. drove straight to pittsburgh, i was tired of all the driving so we stopped and went into that street with all the bars. it was ok, pittsburgh sucked. I left that nigt drove straight to sandusky ohio so it could make my drive to milwaukke easier. Went to sleep in the car. woke up drove to Milwaukee. got there sunday night. Went to summerfest, got wasted everyday had a blast, girls in milwaukee are hot, wednesday went to chicago, wrigleyville was cool, lots of bars got drunk everyday got ass. It was awesome, drove back to cleveland. CLEVELAND SUCKS ASS. We were in the warehouse district. Drove back and got a ticket in PA for speeding. Damn they finally caught me. I was going 120 for a long time. They caught me doing 80. So hey i got away with a alot. Drove to that premium outlets in jersey bought a load of clothes and a nice fossil watch. Now i am back All this in 10 days. The ass was great too.oh the ass's, i am too lazy to go to a photosite to upload it. one was puerto rican chick, slim nice ass. another one was a nice white girl in miilwaukee and theoter was an indian and like german or some**** in chicago. only have a pic of two the others were one nighters from a bar. we were wasted"[/QUOTE]

LOL. That one goes in the JI highlight reel. Hilarious. Thanks for posting it, Timmy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any suggestions on routes, places to stop (definitely trying to hit up some MLB ballparks) , ways to save on gas (i was thinking of joining like a loyalty program or something), etc?

Go jets?[/QUOTE]

Didn't mean to de-rail your thread. When exactly are you going on your trip?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That story has some facts in it. From what I heard, both Pittsburgh and Cleveland suck, don't waste your time there. Go to Miller Park in WI. Start out and head west on the north route, go down the cali coast and come back home on the south south I would say.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJCAP2;3562627]That story has some facts in it. From what I heard, both Pittsburgh and Cleveland suck, don't waste your time there. Go to Miller Park in WI. Start out and head west on the north route, go down the cali coast and come back home on the south south I would say.[/QUOTE]

I had a decent time in Pittsburgh and enjoyed rock and roll hall of fame in Cleveland, not to mention both cities have nice parks (although most cities have nice parks these days).

The Milwaukee advice is good , one of my favorite cities and unbeatable tailgating at MIller. I asked him when he was going in case he would be there for Summerfest, a great music fair.

I'd recommend a quick game at Wrigley field and a couple of bars before heading out of town to Milwaukee. Chicago in the summer is very expensive.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive done a lot of road trippin. Best bet by far, is the unlimited National Park Pass. For 50 bucks it will get your vechicle into over 430 Natl. parks, monuments and historic sights. The NPS is fricking incredible. Ive done roadtrips for the party/ adventure, as welll as the exploring/ adventure. What are you looking to do?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJCAP2;3562627]...Pittsburgh and Cleveland suck, don't waste your time there...[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    The cop has the gun.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [COLOR="Red"]Any suggestions[/COLOR] on routes, places to stop (definitely trying to hit up some MLB ballparks) , ways to save on gas (i was thinking of joining like a loyalty program or something), etc?

Go jets?[/QUOTE]

Wear a suit and tie.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tips guys
    We are most likely hitting up chi-town, hopefully Milwaukee too.
    definately getting a national parks pass. we are trying to to a bunch of camping but also check out some cities along the way... should be a fun trip

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Nyj421osag;3563457]Thanks for the tips guys
    definately getting a national parks pass. we are trying to to a bunch of camping but also check out some cities along the way... should be a fun trip[/QUOTE]

And if you want to "see America" stay off the interstates. That is unless your version of "America" is Bob Big Boys and Conocos

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Home, to Smoky Mts (VA), Memphis to New Orleans to Austin, to White Sands (NM), Tucson, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion, Colorado, Yellowstone, Devil's Tower, Mt Rushmore, Chicago, home.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever you do...don't go near Nebraska.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Nyj421osag;3563457]Thanks for the tips guys
    definately getting a national parks pass. we are trying to to a bunch of camping but also check out some cities along the way... should be a fun trip[/QUOTE]

I have lived in Milwaukee for 2 years in the past. Its a great place to visit during summer. If you can make it for Summerfest i am sure you will have a great time. But besides that from memorial day weekend to labor day weekend there is one festival or another. And most of them are great fun. For partying although my info is not current you can try downtown Water Street which used to have a lot of suburban crowd. Some pretty easy targets. But most people who live downtown hang out around North Avenue or Cathedral Square neighborhood.

Here is this years list of Milwaukee's festivals :
    [url]http://milwaukee.about.com/od/festivalsevents/a/MilwaukeeFests.htm[/url]

Chi-town is a very touristy place. You can easily spend a 3-4 days. Here is list of their festivals.
    [url]http://chicago.metromix.com/events/article/chicago-festival-guide-2010/339943/content[/url]

I have driven from NYC to Milwaukee and i can tell you till i hit Chi town i did not find any place worth the time and that includes Cleveland.

Hope that helps. Have fun!

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like

Go jets?[/QUOTE]

Nice to see a fellow Lehigh (soon to be) alum here! Enjoy the roadtrip and as much as I'd suggest visiting the Southwest don't dare do it in the Summer!

Hey, where is Lehigh-Lafayette being played next Fall? Home or away?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3563807]Nice to see a fellow Lehigh (soon to be) alum here! Enjoy the roadtrip and as much as I'd suggest visiting the Southwest don't dare do it in the Summer!

Hey, where is Lehigh-Lafayette being played next Fall? Home or away?[/QUOTE]
    next year its away. great game this year- we won in ot

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;3562579]JI legend crayc took a road trip a few years back. Here are some highlights, you might learn something.

And the result

"I drove to atlantic city, lost 300 on poker dammit. LOL stood over, went to that white house sandwich shop some one on here recommended thanks. drove straight to pittsburgh, i was tired of all the driving so we stopped and went into that street with all the bars. it was ok, pittsburgh sucked. I left that nigt drove straight to sandusky ohio so it could make my drive to milwaukke easier. Went to sleep in the car. woke up drove to Milwaukee. got there sunday night. Went to summerfest, got wasted everyday had a blast, girls in milwaukee are hot, wednesday went to chicago, wrigleyville was cool, lots of bars got drunk everyday got ass. It was awesome, drove back to cleveland. CLEVELAND SUCKS ASS. We were in the warehouse district. Drove back and got a ticket in PA for speeding. Damn they finally caught me. I was going 120 for a long time. They caught me doing 80. So hey i got away with a alot. Drove to that premium outlets in jersey bought a load of clothes and a nice fossil watch. Now i am back All this in 10 days. The ass was great too.oh the ass's, i am too lazy to go to a photosite to upload it. one was puerto rican chick, slim nice ass. another one was a nice white girl in miilwaukee and theoter was an indian and like german or some**** in chicago. only have a pic of two the others were one nighters from a bar. we were wasted"[/QUOTE]

LOL :D

That's one of the greatest JI posts I've ever read, thanks for posting.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get to Glacier National Park, and go on Going-To-Sun-Road.

I've done 3 cross-country trips, 2 with my brothers and one with my friends. It's an awesome experience.

Glacier National Park was the best place I went to. I ended working there for a summer after I graduated from college, I was a host in restaurant, but I got to hike every day, and take the occasional 2 day hike and camp.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3564318]Get to Glacier National Park, and go on Going-To-Sun-Road.

I've done 3 cross-country trips, 2 with my brothers and one with my friends. It's an awesome experience.

Glacier National Park was the best place I went to. I ended working there for a summer after I graduated from college, I was a host in restaurant, but I got to hike every day, and take the occasional 2 day hike and camp.[/QUOTE]

Going to the sun hwy, sum scary $hit. The vistas however, are priceless. Took a helicopter over that park to Waterton Intl. Peace Park.