Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh sh*t the Draft's this Thursday? Jets mock:

Oh sh*t the Draft's this Thursday? Jets mock:

1: Patrick Robinson - While I really like Dominique Franks in this D, Robinson is the better athlete and can also be a really good player in this D. He's arguably the best athlete of the top corners.

Jets trade Leon Washington to the 49ers for pick 79.

Jets package 61, 79, and 198 to the Rams for pick 33.

2: Terrence Cody - Rex gets the future anchor of his DL. More Hard Knocks storyline - Can Cody get into shape?

4: Lindsey Witten - UConn DE offers alot of pro potential in multiple systems.

5: Ciron Black - Possible future RT.

7: Zoltan Mesko - Beast punter muthaf*cka.

UDFA:

Andre Anderson, Steve Maneri, Lorenzo Washington, Sam Maxwell, Stephan Virgil

I just really dislike Cody in the pros but I like the logic on the rest.

Not impressed with Zoltan in college, but he's a big guy and sometimes punters improve with some age.

Patrick Robinson I would be pretty happy with. Good cover corner. Would like Kyle Wilson over him but I don't think that is happening either.

I'm a fan of Black. Think he'd do a good job. Havn't seen Witten enough to say either way...

Don't like Robinson and I'm a huge Nole fan, he got burned like crazy last year, yes he's super talented and athletic, but he makes a ton of mistakes in coverage, he's just stupid out there kinda like Justin Miller. So no to DRob.

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Don't like Robinson and I'm a huge Nole fan, he got burned like crazy last year, yes he's super talented and athletic, but he makes a ton of mistakes in coverage, he's just stupid out there kinda like Justin Miller. So no to DRob.
    Miller was just awful out of his breaks...

Robinson has the hips and coverage ability, as evidenced by his performances at the senior bowl practices.

That said, I can't speak on his intelligence. I wasn't crazy about Robinson, but I wouldn't mind him. Corners with the hips to cover are hard to find and he is one fo the few who actually have the necessary physical skills. And I know he can tackle, but sometimes it appears as though he'd rather not make the tackle.

Right now my draft for our first 3 picks (of guys who should definitely be there) goes:

1. Everson Griffen
    2. Perrish Cox
    4. Jeff Owens

Someone I could see us taking in round 2 is Daryl Washington. ILB from TCU. We have a depth problem there, and the dude is JUST like Bart Scott. Violent, good mobility. A little light, but could add some weight. He also visited with us as well.
    Last edited by jetsfan1983; 04-17-2010 at 01:51 AM.

I say it goes something like this:

1) Alualu- Boom!!! and then boom bangitty bang... Oh yeah!
    2) Fat boy Co- Why? Because we don't know how long Big Jenks will take before he poops the bed again, it gives us time to get Cody in shape. In order to do it we trade Leon and a 7th and get back a 4th.
    4) Major Wright- Get another hard hitter to pair with Dig on ST's and groom as future starter.
    4) George Selvie- Maybe he won't face so many triple teams now as he did at SOFLA after his sophomore season when he had 14.5 sacks and 31 TKFL... Da EEEmmm!!!
    5) LeGarrette Blount- Jets give up their 6th rounder and next year's 5th to get this year's version of the war machine

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Miller was just awful out of his breaks...

Robinson has the hips and coverage ability, as evidenced by his performances at the senior bowl practices.

That said, I can't speak on his intelligence. I wasn't crazy about Robinson, but I wouldn't mind him. Corners with the hips to cover are hard to find and he is one fo the few who actually have the necessary physical skills. And I know he can tackle, but sometimes it appears as though he'd rather not make the tackle.

Right now my draft for our first 3 picks (of guys who should definitely be there) goes:

1. Everson Griffen
    2. Perrish Cox
    4. Jeff Owens

Someone I could see us taking in round 2 is Daryl Washington. ILB from TCU. We have a depth problem there, and the dude is JUST like Bart Scott. Violent, good mobility. A little light, but could add some weight. He also visited with us as well.

When he gets burned... It's ugly... Makes you want to pull your hair out. DLow he's not, DLow gets beat with speed sometimes, but he's always in the right place. Robinson will need some real coaching to get the cobwebs out.

1. Robinson long term with Rex , could be the best CB coming out of this draft, has a very nice upside, will contribute this year as a nickel, good pick.
    2. Can't believe the 49'ers will cough up 79 for Leon, I would do it in a heart beat, but it ain't gonna happen... If any deal gets done it will be for a conditional in 2011
    3. Cody is a nice value at 33, I just think there are better alternatives with 61 & 79, but the trade is a signature move by Tannenbaum
    4. Witten may be your best pick, I would hope he could play some specials in 2010..
    5. I don't think we have a 5th anymore ( holmes)...Black didn't have a great season last year is a bit undervalued, which is why he would be available, IMO he can play RT or move inside to OG,
    7. Mesko will not last late 7th, will fall in the 5th
    Virgil best IMO of UNDFA's

Jets Insider VIP
    not all that big a fan of Robinson. I have him as a mid-second round guy

My hope is that a DE/OLB pass rusher guy slips down and is there at 29 for the Jets to land.

Niners won't trade for Leon unless its a bargain. A 6th would work for them (but obviously stupid as hell for the Jets).

Why are people always proposing Leon being traded to the 49ers?

I don't think Leon will be with the team next year. I do not think he will be traded before the draft though. He simply has to get healthier and show teams he is not permanently screwed up. I could see him getting trade just prior to the season for a pick in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I don't think Leon will be with the team next year. I do not think he will be traded before the draft though. He simply has to get healthier and show teams he is not permanently screwed up. I could see him getting trade just prior to the season for a pick in 2011.

Do you expect them to go RB in the draft then?

Or just think Greene/LT/C. Washington would get it done?

(Oh, yeah, and don't forget Woodhead . . .)

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Do you expect them to go RB in the draft then?

Or just think Greene/LT/C. Washington would get it done?

(Oh, yeah, and don't forget Woodhead . . .)
    I do expect us to use a pick on a RB, especially if they find away to aquire another pick or two.

I do expect us to use a pick on a RB, especially if they find away to aquire another pick or two.
    Unless it's an indictment of C. Wash, that would HAVE to be a sign Leon was on his way out. . .

Here's another one:

1: Brandon Graham (DE/OLB Michigan) - This would be nice.
    2: Linval Joseph (DE/DT ECU) - Flavor of the week gets a mention.
    4: TJ Ward (S Oregon) - A Dawan Landry type safety.
    5: Greg Boone (TE VT) - One of the best run blocking TEs in the draft. Can catch.
    6: Sam Shields (CB Miami) - Athletic CB from Miami.
    7: Brent Bowden (P VT) - Big leg.

The more I think about it...the more I think we trade up to grab specific guys.

Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Here's another one:

5: Greg Boone (TE VT) - One of the best run blocking TEs in the draft. Can catch.

Agreed with the bold statement, but this draft would make our defense absolutely ridiculous.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Here's another one:

I could get down with that.

Love the Boone pick in round 5.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Why are people always proposing Leon being traded to the 49ers?
    Me either.They(49ers) have two of the first 17 picks in draft.They can draft their own running back if they want one .

Hall Of Fame
    Agree 100%....I think it is a lock that we draft a RB this year. Probably later...like a guy like Starks from U of Buffalo..or Dixon from UConn. Both would be nice depth in case of injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I could get down with that.

Love the Boone pick in round 5.

Santonio Holmes