Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Insomnia issues

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    There's been some decent advice in this thread, so I'll take a stab at posing a question.

I have issues sleeping in that once I wake up, I cannot go back to sleep - If not disturbed, I sleep perfectly well and will go uninterrupted for 6-7 hours. But once I wake up, be it 2:30, 4:30, etc., it takes me several hours to go back to sleep. Up until the past 2 years, I've never had any sleep issues.

My doctor just prescribed me a "short term" sleep aid called Sonata, which he claims makes you sleepy within 30 minutes but exits your system rather quickly with no real (or major) side effects.

Is anyone familiar with it or have any other thoughts w/r/t this particular type of insomnia? I've never taken any sleep medication and I'd rather not, but it sometimes gets to the point where I am awake from 3 - 6:30, fall asleep on the couch for 15 minutes and then have to get up with my son.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like he prescribed the right sleeping aid for you.

[URL]http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sleeping-pills/SL00010[/URL]

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like to use sleeping pills and my doctor ordered Ambien as having the least side effects which is almost correct. I find that even on this small dose there are days when I feel the after effects of drowsiness and what I realize - now that I've read some of these other comments - nighmares. Actually I've had just one but I put it down to the Ambien. I'm not in the US at the moment and see that there's a newer sleep-aid - tho it's been in Europe for 10 yrs - and it's Estorra(Sepracor, Imovane, Amobon) On my next visit to the doc I'll ask him for this one. I find that the smallest dose is the best for me being that i'm elderly. It would be interesting to see the reports on this other med.

[URL="http://www.ambienzolpidem.com/"]sleeping pills for insomnia[/URL]
    Last edited by subject180; 02-25-2011 at 01:39 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    A half a Xanax does the trick every time.