Thread: Jets Scouting Department Tally for this Draft

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Scouting Department Tally for this Draft

#Jets scouting department visited 232 schools, talked to 1,346 players & conducted 366 player interviews. Pretty impressive stuff.

http://twitter.com/ManishMehta1

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They forgot me!

If they aren't talking to middle aged, former athletes from Canada that were too slow and too small to play a high level of football they aren't really beating the bushes.

Even though the Jets have picked so well the last few years I almost feel bad for the scouts when we trade away half our draft and they end up with 3 picks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    They forgot me!

If they aren't talking to middle aged, former athletes from Canada that were too slow and too small to play a high level of football they aren't really beating the bushes.

Even though the Jets have picked so well the last few years I almost feel bad for the scouts when we trade away half our draft and they end up with 3 picks.
    But look at the UDFAs the Jets have signed....Also part of the scouting process

Woodhead, Westerman, Cummings, DeVito, Pito, Iggy,

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    But look at the UDFAs the Jets have signed....Also part of the scouting process

Woodhead, Westerman, Cummings, DeVito, Pito, Iggy,
    Yup I know but UDFA's you are at the mercy of them and their agents. Late rounds the difference between the quality of player of drafted and UDFA is probably narrow but you are guaranteed to get the guys you draft as opposed to fighting with 10 other teams over UDFA's

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Yup I know but UDFA's you are at the mercy of them and their agents. Late rounds the difference between the quality of player of drafted and UDFA is probably narrow but you are guaranteed to get the guys you draft as opposed to fighting with 10 other teams over UDFA's
    True. But you still need to identify which ones to go after.

But I do hear you regarding the quantity (few) draft picks.

Two Jet scouts in October talking Sunday morning.

Scout 1: "So who did you cover yesterday"?

Scout 2: "I was at the Washington - Notre Dame game, you"?

Scout 1: "I was at the Boston College - Wake Forest game.

Scout 2: "Alot of good this is doing us, Damn Tannebaum is just going to trade all our picks away for a Safety".

Scout 1: "Ha. I hear ya. What's Al Davis's phone number? Oh wait..Bad idea. Andy Reid's"?