Thread: Jaws agrees: Jonathan Crompton's a sleeper

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Jaws agrees: Jonathan Crompton's a sleeper

We haven't talked lower QB's much but I've been saying for awhile Crompton's a sleeper.

I got to watch him a lot and he sucked for awhile. Even early on this year, Tennessee kept the wraps on him with heavy doses of Hardesty and a dink-and-dunk offense.

But if you watched the Georgia, you would see some big time throws. He caught my eye enough that game for me to jump on his bandwagon in the later rounds.

He obviously wasn't consistently good(which is why he won't go high), but he has great size, plenty of arm, and flashed enough for me to dig him as a pro prospect.

Jaws agrees...

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/365126...s-player_news/

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gangGREENinsider;3563364]We haven't talked lower QB's much but I've been saying for awhile Crompton's a sleeper.

I got to watch him a lot and he sucked for awhile. Even early on this year, Tennessee kept the wraps on him with heavy doses of Hardesty and a dink-and-dunk offense.

But if you watched the Georgia, you would see some big time throws. He caught my eye enough that game for me to jump on his bandwagon in the later rounds.

He obviously wasn't consistently good(which is why he won't go high), but he has great size, plenty of arm, and flashed enough for me to dig him as a pro prospect.

Jaws agrees...

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/365126...s-player_news/[/QUOTe

I would take anything that jaws says.with a grain of salt.I remember him talking up clemens when the jets picked him in the second round.look at clemens today.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets rooter;3563438]
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    We haven't talked lower QB's much but I've been saying for awhile Crompton's a sleeper.

Jaws agrees...

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/365126...s-player_news/[/QUOTe

I would take anything that jaws says.with a grain of salt.I remember him talking up clemens when the jets picked him in the second round.look at clemens today.
    He also pegged Matt Moore. I don't care what Jaws says- it's simply backing my view with someone who's more respected on the matter at hand. Crompton has some tools to work with and flashed some ability. He's worth a shot NFL teams...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    practice squad guy...has skills but needs a lot of work....really should've received a combine invite compared to some of the crap that was in attendance (sean canfield)....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I respect Jaws but I can't forget when he said he thought Clemens was the best QB is his draft class.

Just saying...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    I respect Jaws but I can't forget when he said he thought Clemens was the best QB is his draft class.

Just saying...
    I remember he was very high on Clemens that year and he hated Vince Young.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kafka from Northwestern

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jaws loved....LOVED Kellen Clemens in 2006. Jaws never met a WHITE POCKET PASSER he didn't LOVE.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    Jaws loved....LOVED Kellen Clemens in 2006. Jaws never met a WHITE POCKET PASSER he didn't LOVE.
    its' funny you say that because I also seem to remember he loved Chris Simms to death and considered him a franchise QB (may be slightly exaggerating on that).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crompton sucks... I'm sorry but the guy is awful. Jaws seems to like guys with pretty strong arms and quick releases, and Crompton fits that. Crompton has a very good arm, and very good release, but the dude is just pathetic in other areas.

No thanks and I hope he goes to a team I hate.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate Tennessee and therefore watch them a good bit.....Crompton blows to be blunt

Ainge was a muchhh better player for UT and he's a backup/ Emergency QB for us

Crompton will be a wasted pick for someone, if he gets drafted at all

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    I hate Tennessee and therefore watch them a good bit.....Crompton blows to be blunt

Ainge was a muchhh better player for UT and he's a backup/ Emergency QB for us

Crompton will be a wasted pick for someone, if he gets drafted at all
    Of course he blows. There's a reason why he's a late round pick.

But he's big, has a good arm, played against good competition, and flashed some good performances.

He has better feet and a better arm than Ainge. Ainge was a superior QB though obviously.