Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47

Thread: John clayton thinks jets will take........

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post


    if Joseph was a "half asser" in college what was Cody?
    An All American and the best DL on the national Championship team built around it's dominant D (and loaded DL)....you should know this CB.

    You never answered me when I asked you how many 350 pound fat, unathletic DTs were used as lead blockers in goal line offensive packages btw. I was really excited to get this list. I'll even throw you a bone and give you Ngata, but hindsight now says that Ngata was neither fat nor unathletic at any point in his life.

    Also, should I take it that you think Joseph is a better prospect than Cody? Or that he should go higher?
    Last edited by SenorGato; 04-17-2010 at 10:21 PM.

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Is that cody with the manboobs. Geez. How gross. Has he ever done a bench press? My god that guy looks terrible
    yes...he did a whopping 22....by comparison Kyle Wilson, a 194lb corner, did 25...the Cody apologists will tell you the bench doesn't matter...

    then when you bring up he ran a 5.75 seconds in the forty they tell you that doesn't matter as D-linemen don't run forty yards and only the ten yard time matters...then when you tell them his ten yard time was 1.93 seconds, the worst of all the defensive linemen at the combine, they say that doesn't matter....the worst vert, 3-cone, short shuttle, etc- doesn't matter....

    then they say "look at his film- he was awesome" (even though it was nothing exceptional)....then they say, "he'll be fine once he gets his weight down"....of course playing at 380+ pounds last season is what gave him the advantage over opponents and why he looked so awesome to them- but now he's losing that advantage....

    so you go figure....

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    An All American and the best DL on the national Championship team built around it's dominant D (and loaded DL)....you should know this CB.
    if you like to compare what I know versus what you know let's get it on....as far as building a dominant defense around their d-line- they were dominant long before Cody arrived at Alabama- the last guy who tried to pull that crap walked away sad after the facts of the matter were presented....

    You never answered me when I asked you how many 350 pound fat, unathletic DTs were used as lead blockers in goal line offensive packages btw. I was really excited to get this list. I'll even throw you a bone and give you Ngata, but hindsight now says that Ngata was neither fat nor unathletic at any point in his life.
    so since 380lbs Cody was used as a lead blocker on occasion means something??? that's a fuqin joke anyone would bring this up...just like saying being an All American means something when projecting a player to the next level....

    Also, should I take it that you think Joseph is a better prospect than Cody? Or that he should go higher?
    no doubt on both counts....

    getting back to your comment that Joseph was a "half asser" at the same time you sung Cody's praises...

    Cody totaled 52 tackles in two years at Alabama....
    Joseph totaled 60 tackles in 2009....

    The athletic Cody posted 10.5 tackles for loss in two years at Alabama...
    Joseph had 13 in 2009...

    The athletic Cody has .5 sacks to his credit in two years at Alabama....
    Joseph three sacks in 2009...

    but I'm sure you'll tell me that means nothing and Joseph was a half asser because Cody was all conference in 2009....

  4. #24
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    4,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    No way the Jets are taking Baby Huey in RD 1


    THIS is a guy in his EARLY TWENTIES....a guy who spent the last two years playing Football for a major NCAA Football Powerhouse of a program. I would actually kinda feel bad for him but for the fact that hes about to become a millionaire. Thats just pathetic. Why don't the Jets send a scout out to wander the streets and sign the BIGGEST, FATEST kid they find and let HIM play "any position on the D-Line". Could you imagine it, Mr. Cat? We could get a 500lb-er to play NT! He would be UNBLOCKABLE! Forget Conditioning! Forget Speed! Just get a big fat kid and stick HIM in an NFL conditioning program!



    As for the "Well, he'll get into an NFL conditioning program" argument, I hope its BOB and JILLIAN that are on that staff....

  5. #25
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,292
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    An All American and the best DL on the national Championship team built around it's dominant D (and loaded DL)....you should know this CB.

    You never answered me when I asked you how many 350 pound fat, unathletic DTs were used as lead blockers in goal line offensive packages btw. I was really excited to get this list. I'll even throw you a bone and give you Ngata, but hindsight now says that Ngata was neither fat nor unathletic at any point in his life.

    Also, should I take it that you think Joseph is a better prospect than Cody? Or that he should go higher?
    A gimmick, just like the Fridge. To me, at least, it really has no bearing on whether the guy can be an effective NT in the NFL. And as far as being a lead blocker, I'm sure every single Dlineman in the NFL can do what he can do coming out of the backfield if given the chance.

  6. #26
    if you like to compare what I know versus what you know let's get it on....as far as building a dominant defense around their d-line- they were dominant long before Cody arrived at Alabama- the last guy who tried to pull that crap walked away sad after the facts of the matter were presented....
    1 - The team was absolutely dominant against the run the past two years because of Cody, and they just...happened?...to have a NC caliber D when Cody went in? All this despite previous years of success against the run and no NC since 19-friggin-77.

    2 - How available are college defensive metrics to you year-to-year? I'm not finding sh*t so I'd love to hear this argument. I don't mind being wrong, but this board is overrating the crap out of his weight issue and creating a caricature of it. It's even been superimposed on his playing abilities.

    so since 380lbs Cody was used as a lead blocker on occasion means something??? that's a fuqin joke anyone would bring this up...just like saying being an All American means something when projecting a player to the next level....
    Sooooo.......you *can't* think of any fat, unathletic DTs used to lead block on offense? Could have just said that.

    no doubt on both counts....
    ....Really? And you're not saying this because it's really easy to get people to believe this on this board?


    Cody totaled 52 tackles in two years at Alabama....
    Joseph totaled 60 tackles in 2009....

    The athletic Cody posted 10.5 tackles for loss in two years at Alabama...
    Joseph had 13 in 2009...

    The athletic Cody has .5 sacks to his credit in two years at Alabama....
    Joseph three sacks in 2009...
    Lets see...ways stats can vary between these two:

    - Level of competition. Lets see...SEC...or Mid-Eastern conference...SEC...Mid-East...football...Just because you predicted I'd use it doesn't mean it's not significant .

    - Roles. Cody is the NT on a 3 man line that plays like a true pro 3-4. Joseph is on a 4 man line.

    OK, only two, but it explains alot. Also, the stats of a NT in any good D never, ever reflect his role in a D...someone who is so in on the football stuff should know this basic fact.

    but I'm sure you'll tell me that means nothing and Joseph was a half asser because Cody was all conference in 2009....
    1. Please stop rolling your eyes via emoticons...neither of us are 16 year old girls.

    2. Joseph was known as the least hardest worker on East Carolina's pretty talented DL, hence his 3-5 round grade until recently. All he's done since then is workout well and........what? Seriously, 90% of the stuff put out since the combine is bs and noise. Hell, boards doesn't even move so drastically or unexpectedly come combine season for a good scouting department.

    3. Since I know you'll touch on this...Yes, 'Bama is loaded with studs on the DL. He also made other players better or more useful than they were before. Washington was a decent college NT before Cody came in and took the position while letting him play his true 3-4 position (DE). Deaderick looked better than he was with Cody, though at his best he's better than the 6-7 rounder that the shoulder injury probably makes him. Chapman is a good young NT possibly, but for all his talent he didn't beat out Cody. Dareus looks like a stud, but we'll have to see if he puts on weight and actually becomes a stud.

    Joseph was consistently outplayed by Jay Ross in college. The same is true of Cam Thomas to every other DL on Carolina's line (DE's included). No one on Cody's DL outplayed him except in flashes.

    Also, even if I know your answer as you play your part, do you actually believe Alabama wins a NC without Cody? Why didn't they do it before then if he's just some fat slob DT?
    Last edited by SenorGato; 04-18-2010 at 01:02 AM.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    A gimmick, just like the Fridge. To me, at least, it really has no bearing on whether the guy can be an effective NT in the NFL. And as far as being a lead blocker, I'm sure every single Dlineman in the NFL can do what he can do coming out of the backfield if given the chance.
    It is a gimmick dude...the point is that it's not usually done with fat, unathletic DT's by coaches like Nick Saban.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 04-18-2010 at 01:56 AM.

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,638
    All things being equal, Cody sure does have some bodacious ta-ta's.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    All things being equal, Cody sure does have some bodacious ta-ta's.

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    1 - The team was absolutely dominant against the run the past two years because of Cody, and they just...happened?...to have a NC caliber D when Cody went in? All this despite previous years of success against the run and no NC since 19-friggin-77.
    dead wrong....while the Cody justifiers make it out as though Bama were dominant against the run once Cody arrived fact is no running back gained more than 100-yards against Bama since Oct. 2007- nevermind the fact Cody missed games in '08 with a knee injury- so the delusion Cody made them a dominant run defense team is exactly that.... they were dominant against the run before he ever stepped on campus...

    2 - How available are college defensive metrics to you year-to-year? I'm not finding sh*t so I'd love to hear this argument. I don't mind being wrong, but this board is overrating the crap out of his weight issue and creating a caricature of it. It's even been superimposed on his playing abilities.
    metrics is one part of it- the fact is "dominant" or "elite" defensive linemen don't drop down draft boards- plain and simple....defensive line- specifically defensive tackle- is the number one priority position come draft day and solid to good prospects are ALWAYS selected much earlier than their draft grade warrants....Dwayne Robertson, Glen Dorsey, Justin Harrell, John McCargo, Travis Johnson, Ryan Sims, Damione Lewis and on and on and on.....

    its' the slobs who are mediocre performers on the field- William Joseph, Jimmy Kennedy, Gabe Watson, Alan Branch, Claude Wroten, Tank Tyler, that drop down boards then people gasp after the fact....

    there's a reason why Cody- considered a potential top 12 pick at one point, is dropping like a rock..

    Sooooo.......you *can't* think of any fat, unathletic DTs used to lead block on offense? Could have just said that.
    I'm not the only one who said it and I'll say it again- never mind the fact it's a ridiculous argument to use for a prospects next level skills...

    ....Really? And you're not saying this because it's really easy to get people to believe this on this board?
    I'm unconcerned about getting anyone to believe anything- then again as I said if you'd like to compare what you know versus what I know lets' get it on....

    and like clockwork the justification begins......

    Lets see...ways stats can vary between these two:

    - Level of competition. Lets see...SEC...or Mid-Eastern conference...SEC...Mid-East...football...Just because you predicted I'd use it doesn't mean it's not significant .

    - Roles. Cody is the NT on a 3 man line that plays like a true pro 3-4. Joseph is on a 4 man line.

    OK, only two, but it explains alot. Also, the stats of a NT in any good D never, ever reflect his role in a D...someone who is so in on the football stuff should know this basic fact.


    1. Please stop rolling your eyes via emoticons...neither of us are 16 year old girls.

    2. Joseph was known as the least hardest worker on East Carolina's pretty talented DL, hence his 3-5 round grade until recently. All he's done since then is workout well and........what? Seriously, 90% of the stuff put out since the combine is bs and noise. Hell, boards doesn't even move so drastically or unexpectedly come combine season for a good scouting department.

    3. Since I know you'll touch on this...Yes, 'Bama is loaded with studs on the DL. He also made other players better or more useful than they were before. Washington was a decent college NT before Cody came in and took the position while letting him play his true 3-4 position (DE). Deaderick looked better than he was with Cody, though at his best he's better than the 6-7 rounder that the shoulder injury probably makes him. Chapman is a good young NT possibly, but for all his talent he didn't beat out Cody. Dareus looks like a stud, but we'll have to see if he puts on weight and actually becomes a stud.

    Joseph was consistently outplayed by Jay Ross in college. The same is true of Cam Thomas to every other DL on Carolina's line (DE's included). No one on Cody's DL outplayed him except in flashes.

    Also, even if I know your answer as you play your part, do you actually believe Alabama wins a NC without Cody? Why didn't they do it before then if he's just some fat slob DT?
    I don't have the time to waste on what is a contradiction throughout (Cody's role versus Joseph's...Joseph being outplayed by Jay Ross which is laughable and Cam Thomas being outplayed at UNC- despite his "role" in the Tar Heel defense......

    so I'll just answer the last one- ever hear of Mark Ingram?? evidently not....as well as this doozy....

    2. Joseph was known as the least hardest worker on East Carolina's pretty talented DL, hence his 3-5 round grade until recently. All he's done since then is workout well and[/B]........what? [B]Seriously, 90% of the stuff put out since the combine is bs and noise. Hell, boards doesn't even move so drastically or unexpectedly come combine season for a good scouting department.
    in those two sentences you completely contradict yourself...

    yes- 90% of the stuff put out since the combine is noise and boards don't move that much...except for Linval Joseph....and Cody- who was an nothing more than a solid-to-good player on a talented Bama defense, not the dominant force everyone makes him out to be.....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 04-18-2010 at 10:13 AM.

  11. #31
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    No way the Jets are taking Baby Huey in RD 1

    Just another case of a Jet hater (Clayton) trying to pawn the fat guy off on the Jets


    C'mon Ham, you're a Mod. You before anyone should know that you can't post pics of tits on this board.

  12. #32
    THere is no shot at us taking Bowman with that first pick... He doesn't fit at all and it makes no sense.

    Cody there is a shot, but I'd really rather not. He has AWFUL balance and gets shoved off the LOS quite a bit.

    And funny comments about Joseph considering most of the year he was the D-lines best player in terms of tackles and tackles for loss.

    That ECU D-line is going to have 3 pros on it (Wilson, Joseph, and Ross).

  13. #33
    I want Cody, but I think he could be available at 61. The biggest problem with Cody? The moron Alvin Keels is his agent.

  14. #34
    dead wrong....while the Cody justifiers make it out as though Bama were dominant against the run once Cody arrived fact is no running back gained more than 100-yards against Bama since Oct. 2007- nevermind the fact Cody missed games in '08 with a knee injury- so the delusion Cody made them a dominant run defense team is exactly that.... they were dominant against the run before he ever stepped on campus...
    So what was the difference between Cody on the D and the rest of the stong 'Bama D's that this one suddenly is the one that's NC caliber? Coincidence?


    metrics is one part of it- the fact is "dominant" or "elite" defensive linemen don't drop down draft boards- plain and simple....defensive line- specifically defensive tackle- is the number one priority position come draft day and solid to good prospects are ALWAYS selected much earlier than their draft grade warrants....Dwayne Robertson, Glen Dorsey, Justin Harrell, John McCargo, Travis Johnson, Ryan Sims, Damione Lewis and on and on and on.....
    A mostly minor part, and you know it. No scout or coach in their right mind is going "yes, but how many SACKS did that nose tackle get?"

    Your argument here is more of "this is why Cody might go in the first" than anything else. A 2 year starter on a D that suddenly jumped to NC caliber in the SEC when he arrived? An the only knock on him is that he doesn't look great with his shirt off? What's that, the guy even made plays on special teams? As a fat, nonathletic DT in the SEC? Who doesn't jump on that?

    its' the slobs who are mediocre performers on the field- William Joseph, Jimmy Kennedy, Gabe Watson, Alan Branch, Claude Wroten, Tank Tyler, that drop down boards then people gasp after the fact....
    And yet except for Joseph they're all still in the league and a few of them are half decent players. Kennedy, Joseph, and Branch went in the top 35...hell Kennedy went in the top 20 I think. Teams still take risks on big DTs all the time...teams are dying for that kind of size. Both Watson and Branch are rising on the Cardinals DL and turning into good players for them.

    there's a reason why Cody- considered a potential top 12 pick at one point, is dropping like a rock..
    "Like a rock" all the way down to the maybe first round? Just like Alan Branch was falling like a rock...all the way to the first pick in the 2nd?

    I'm not the only one who said it and I'll say it again- never mind the fact it's a ridiculous argument to use for a prospects next level skills...
    Sooooooooo...still can't think of any fat, nonathletic 350 pounds DTs who did this? You really can just go ahead and say this at this point.

    I'm unconcerned about getting anyone to believe anything- then again as I said if you'd like to compare what you know versus what I know lets' get it on....
    That would be what we're doing, yes.

    I don't have the time to waste on what is a contradiction throughout (Cody's role versus Joseph's...Joseph being outplayed by Jay Ross which is laughable and Cam Thomas being outplayed at UNC- despite his "role" in the Tar Heel defense......
    Fine...Cam Thomas did handle the nose at UNC...in their 4 man line...loaded with top recruits and arguably the best sophomore DE in the nation (Quinn)...unfortunately he spent most of the time getting single blocked and beat...Joseph did outplay Ross this year, so you can have that.

    At least you were smart enough to not touch the conference one...even in this argument you have to acknowledge that the worst SEC team could probably wreck the best conference USA team....Not that ECU and App. State are bad programs.

    so I'll just answer the last one- ever hear of Mark Ingram?? evidently not....as well as this doozy....
    Lol...Their RB? Alabama had the best D in college football by a pretty decent margin as far as these kind of things go...and in your estimation they won the NC because of their RUNNING BACK? OOoooooooooook. Hell, Ingram might not even be the most talented RB on 'Bama's roster with Richardson there.

    in those two sentences you completely contradict yourself...

    yes- 90% of the stuff put out since the combine is noise and boards don't move that much...except for Linval Joseph....and Cody- who was an nothing more than a solid-to-good player on a talented Bama defense, not the dominant force everyone makes him out to be.....
    The difference being that a "solid to good" 350 pound NT on a national championship D doesn't come around every year. Nor is that 350 pound NT coached by guys like Saban, a member of the Parcells tee of HC, and a guy who could easily find a job in the NFL as a coach if teams even thought he'd take it. This is simple stuff man...Guys like Linval Joseph happen all the time. They become the Anthony Montgomery's of the world...Montgomery being the first name that came to mind when I saw Joseph play (against VT and Arkansas). The best part about this whole Linval Joseph thing is that 95% of the people pushing his name on this board never even saw him play...it's Gilbert all over again.

    Give the guy (Joseph) his props for having a good offseason and throwing up a good workout to get all the girls going over his body and such (if only he'd take off his shirt for a picture!)...There's still a way better chance the Saban coached giant DT from the NC winner is going in the first over the big athletic DT from Conference USA. Why should anyone buy that a guy who spent most of his college career pegged as a 3-4th round guy is suddenly a 1st round caliber player out of left friggin field? It's not like Joseph was some unknown prospect they JUST found out about...

    How often do you see a DT with Cody's size and resume fall out of the top 40? You don't. It doesn't happen. Giant, run stuffing DTs don't plummet like that...just like you said. Gabe Watson is probably the closest, but Cody was a much better player in his two years than Watson was in his time at Michigan.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 04-18-2010 at 12:18 PM.

  15. #35
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    LOL....last response on my end as this is wasting bandwidth....

    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    So what was the difference between Cody on the D and the rest of the stong 'Bama D's that this one suddenly is the one that's NC caliber? Coincidence?

    A mostly minor part, and you know it. No scout or coach in their right mind is going "yes, but how many SACKS did that nose tackle get?"

    Your argument here is more of "this is why Cody might go in the first" than anything else. A 2 year starter on a D that suddenly jumped to NC caliber in the SEC when he arrived? An the only knock on him is that he doesn't look great with his shirt off? What's that, the guy even made plays on special teams? As a fat, nonathletic DT in the SEC? Who doesn't jump on that?

    same defense as 2008, except the '08 team had a better QB- only difference was a Heisman winning RB..

    And yet except for Joseph they're all still in the league and a few of them are half decent players. Kennedy, Joseph, and Branch went in the top 35...hell Kennedy went in the top 20 I think. Teams still take risks on big DTs all the time...teams are dying for that kind of size. Both Watson and Branch are rising on the Cardinals DL and turning into good players for them. "Like a rock" all the way down to the maybe first round? Just like Alan Branch was falling like a rock...all the way to the first pick in the 2nd?

    Jimmy Kennedy was considered a top three pick prior to his senior season- he fell half a round....William Joseph was considered a top 8 pick- he fell 3/4 of the round....Branch was considered a top ten pick- he fell almost an entire round....of course you'd have to know the history pre and post to understand the simple point being made...

    Sooooooooo...still can't think of any fat, nonathletic 350 pounds DTs who did this? You really can just go ahead and say this at this point.

    who is the 350lbs NT you are referring to??? Cody was no where near 350 at any time during his Bama career-if you understand football you'd realize all you are doing in this instance is asking a fatass (in this case 380lbs Terrence Cody) to get body on body in a short yardage situation...don't need a whole heckuva lotta of athletic ability to do that....


    That would be what we're doing, yes.

    Fine...Cam Thomas did handle the nose at UNC...in their 4 man line...loaded with top recruits and arguably the best sophomore DE in the nation (Quinn)...unfortunately he spent most of the time getting single blocked and beat...Joseph did outplay Ross this year, so you can have that.

    loaded?? every draft eligible player on the Bama defense who saw starting action or was a primary reserve (11 players) will be in an NFL camp this spring....many will be drafted in the top 120 selections...most will be drafted over the seven rounds....Reamer/Marquis Johnson/ali sharriff are the only UDFA's...funny thing about Cam Thomas getting single blocked and beat- his numbers are almost identical to Cody's- but hey- it was the scheme that held Cody's numbers down....

    At least you were smart enough to not touch the conference one...even in this argument you have to acknowledge that the worst SEC team could probably wreck the best conference USA team....Not that ECU and App. State are bad programs.

    LOL- yeh, I mean Arkansas "wrecked" ECU in the bowl game- correct?

    Lol...Their RB? Alabama had the best D in college football by a pretty decent margin as far as these kind of things go...and in your estimation they won the NC because of their RUNNING BACK? OOoooooooooook. Hell, Ingram might not even be the most talented RB on 'Bama's roster with Richardson there.

    as stated earlier- same team from '08 expect for a different QB who was slightly worse and a game impacting RB- but thems just the facts...

    The difference being that a "solid to good" 350 pound NT on a national championship D doesn't come around every year. Nor is that 350 pound NT coached by guys like Saban, a member of the Parcells tee of HC, and a guy who could easily find a job in the NFL as a coach if teams even thought he'd take it. This is simple stuff man...Guys like Linval Joseph happen all the time. They become the Anthony Montgomery's of the world...Montgomery being the first name that came to mind when I saw Joseph play (against VT and Arkansas). The best part about this whole Linval Joseph thing is that 95% of the people pushing his name on this board never even saw him play...it's Gilbert all over again.

    at least you were smart enough not to mention Bama's defense prior to Cody's arrival- understandable as it shoots holes in the sad argument...

    Give the guy (Joseph) his props for having a good offseason and throwing up a good workout to get all the girls going over his body and such (if only he'd take off his shirt for a picture!)...There's still a way better chance the Saban coached giant DT from the NC winner is going in the first over the big athletic DT from Conference USA. Why should anyone buy that a guy who spent most of his college career pegged as a 3-4th round guy is suddenly a 1st round caliber player out of left friggin field? It's not like Joseph was some unknown prospect they JUST found out about...

    right...because Joseph was a non-factor during the '09 campaign...I mean the numbers prove your point that it was solely his workouts pushing him up draft boards...

    How often do you see a DT with Cody's size and resume fall out of the top 40? You don't. It doesn't happen. Giant, run stuffing DTs don't plummet like that...just like you said. Gabe Watson is probably the closest, but Cody was a much better player in his two years than Watson was in his time at Michigan.

    so cody has gone from being an elite player and top 12 pick to someone who won't fall out of the top 40?? that didn't take very long....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 04-18-2010 at 02:47 PM.

  16. #36
    I'm on CB's side of Cody but one thing I wanted to refute:

    Just because Alabama had the same defense from '08 to '09 isn't a valid argument for discounting it as the main reason why the won the national championship. Just because it was the same defense, doesn't mean it didn't get better.

    In college football, players maybe big jumps in terms of their development from year to year. McClain, Johnson, Deaderick, Woodall, Dareus, Arenas, Washington, etc. weren't the same players in '09 as they were in '08. The defense was smothering- big, fast, and aggressive.

    Ingram was reason 1B, but there were games he was a non-factor which they still pulled out due to their strong defense with maybe some help from his stud back-up Richardson.

    Reason 1C/1D would be the drop in the competition in the SEC(especially in UF losing Harvin)/Saban figuring out the SEC.

    In unrelated news, man did 'Bama look good in the spring game. I like to think UF is loaded but Bama's 2nd team is a top 50 team. Dareus has been unblockable, LB's won't skip a beat, and Fitzpatrick and Barron in the secondary are emerging as playmakers. Only maybe holes I see are along the offensive line and at the second safety spot.

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post


    if Joseph was a "half asser" in college what was Cody?
    No ass?

    I'm still worried about Cody's strength and his work ethic.

    If those concerns were alleviated I would be in favor of this pick. He needs to get into an offseason NFL weight program fast.

  18. #38
    Would anyone be will will to trade the #29 pick to the Bills for a second and third round pick if Tebow is still on the board and the bills are looking to move up??

    Just a thought as i have been hearing alot of tebow/buffalo connections??

  19. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingGreen View Post
    Would anyone be will will to trade the #29 pick to the Bills for a second and third round pick if Tebow is still on the board and the bills are looking to move up??

    Just a thought as i have been hearing alot of tebow/buffalo connections??
    Why? Are the Bills looking for a QB who might actually be worse than Trent Edwards?

  20. #40
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    ................................Come Back to New York



    ........................Senor Gato

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us