Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John clayton thinks jets will take........

Jets Insider VIP

John clayton thinks jets will take........

Terrence cody. His partner on the radio said jets are taking bowman from penn state. I have never heard of bowman. Whats his deal?

Cody would be an interesting pick. Personally, I'm hoping we get Jared Odrick.

Veteran
    Cody would be hell to move off the line. Look at when the Patriots had Ted Washington, all the dude did was take up space and he had to be damn near 370 lbs easy. He'll take up 2 blockers easily and even Gholston can finallly get his first career sack in 3 seasons.

He is referring to Navarro Bowman. This kid is a very very good linebacker. He was easily Penn State's best defensive player this year, including Odrick and Lee. He probably fits better in a 4-3 since he is listed at 6'1'' 232lbs. He also has some red flags with legal trouble while in college with marijuana and something else. Im not sure we will take Bowman but I think he will become a very good player in the nfl.

All Pro
    I dont believe tanny will pull the trigger on cody which would be an intresting choice, infact Jets always take players from Alabama a feeding ground for us.

Jets Insider VIP
    It won't be Mr Fatso... First of all we have Big Jenk coming back and the trio that took his place last season did a nice job. If we draft DL it will be for a pass rushing type IMO

My bet is that Clayton doesn't watch a single college football game all season so his expertise on drafting is IMO quite questionable

I thought Bowman wasn't a 3-4 OLB.

Cody would be a good pick, makes sense and he can contribute some right away.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJETS3233 View Post
    He is referring to Navarro Bowman. This kid is a very very good linebacker. He was easily Penn State's best defensive player this year, including Odrick and Lee. He probably fits better in a 4-3 since he is listed at 6'1'' 232lbs. He also has some red flags with legal trouble while in college with marijuana and something else. Im not sure we will take Bowman but I think he will become a very good player in the nfl.
    Those are no longer red flags for the Jets.

i want tate or a safety....but ill take it.
    Last edited by K-Met57; 04-17-2010 at 07:15 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    It won't be Mr Fatso... First of all we have Big Jenk coming back and the trio that took his place last season did a nice job. If we draft DL it will be for a pass rushing type IMO

My bet is that Clayton doesn't watch a single college football game all season so his expertise on drafting is IMO quite questionable
    Typically, DLs in the 3-4 aren't required to be pass rushers. Rather, you want someone who can be stout against a double team, thereby allowing the lighter, faster OLB a 1v1 matchup on a pass rush. You also want to see an ability to split double teams against the run and if not make the play, blow it up for, once again, that athletic LB to make the play. In those respects, Cody fits the bill, in spades.

All Pro
    Bowman? I don't think there's any chance at all that he's the pick. I'd bet just about anything on it.

Cody is a guy who I'm not personally the biggest fan of, but if he's the pick it shows Rex and Tanny believe in him... and that should mean something to us fans. I would be excited if he was the pick just for the fact that Rex would have a plan to use him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Bowman? I don't think there's any chance at all that he's the pick. I'd bet just about anything on it.

Cody is a guy who I'm not personally the biggest fan of, but if he's the pick it shows Rex and Tanny believe in him... and that should mean something to us fans. I would be excited if he was the pick just for the fact that Rex would have a plan to use him.
    Pretty much agreed, I am not a Cody fan but if we did take him I would hope I am wrong and that the people here calling him an elite defensive player are right and that Rex will be able to get him to be a force for us.

In most of the mock drafts they have Cody off the boards prior to our pick. It will be interesting to see what the jets do; they have some obvious holes to fill at DE and FS.

Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    In most of the mock drafts they have Cody off the boards prior to our pick. It will be interesting to see what the jets do; they have some obvious holes to fill at DE and FS.
    Only team that might take Cody before we pick is San Diego. Would be very surpised if another team took him. However, picking him makes a lot of sense for us. DT is a cog in the 3-4 which won't be effective without 3 large lineman who let LBs make plays. Was not that long ago that we were dying for a good DT when we had Dwayne Robertson. Depth at the postition, plus if Jenkins gets seriously hurt again, he may retire, and then we are up the creek in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Hip Screw View Post
    Only team that might take Cody before we pick is San Diego. Would be very surpised if another team took him. However, picking him makes a lot of sense for us. DT is a cog in the 3-4 which won't be effective without 3 large lineman who let LBs make plays. Was not that long ago that we were dying for a good DT when we had Dwayne Robertson. Depth at the postition, plus if Jenkins gets seriously hurt again, he may retire, and then we are up the creek in the future.
    Some of the mocks actually have the Ravens snatching him before us.

I'm hoping they move up for Earl Thomas or move down a bit for Linval Joseph. If they stay put, Jerry Hughes or Cody would be fine. The more I've looked up Linval Joseph, the more I want the guy. Think he will be a great one in a year or two and he can play anywhere on our D-Line. I think Rex is going in the right direction and I won't question any defensive picks as they were probably hand selected by Rex himself.

What would floor me is if they took any offensive position at 29 or moved up for it. I've heard Ryan Matthews but I really don't think they'll do it. Faneca IS regressing/slowing, it might be time to address LG but they can do that in later rounds, right? And what ever happened to Matt Slauson? How's he coming along?

Clayton is a smart guy who gets football.

Mostly seriously.

The more I've looked up Linval Joseph, the more I want the guy. Think he will be a great one in a year or two and he can play anywhere on our D-Line.
    Couple things...

1. Seriously, where is this Joseph stuff coming from now? It's Gilbert on steroids. Joseph was a half asser in college.

2. For all this credit Joseph gets for "being able to play anywhere on our DL" Cody doesn't get enough credit for the same. All because of a picture with his shirt off. Weird world.

3. Cody can be great in a year or two. Hell, if he's down to 335-340 by training camp and he's in the right situation (which we mostly definitely are) then he could be a major contributor now.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 04-17-2010 at 09:58 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Clayton is a smart guy who gets football.

Mostly seriously.

Couple things...

1. Seriously, where is this Joseph stuff coming from now? It's Gilbert on steroids. Joseph was a half asser in college.

2. For all this credit Joseph gets for "being able to play anywhere on our DL" Cody doesn't get enough credit for the same. All because of a picture with his shirt off. Weird world.

3. Cody can be great in a year or two. Hell, if he's down to 335-340 by training camp and he's in the right situation (which we mostly definitely are) then he could be a major contributor now.

if Joseph was a "half asser" in college what was Cody?

Jets Insider VIP
    Is that cody with the manboobs. Geez. How gross. Has he ever done a bench press? My god that guy looks terrible