Thread: How about Nate Allen: Safety, USF...?

Hall Of Fame

How about Nate Allen: Safety, USF...?

Where should this kid come off the board?

Could he be the 'free-ranging' safety we need to compliment Leonhard?

I'm no talent evaluator or scout, any feedback on this kid would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

i think this kid is a real talent and could end up being the second best safety in this class after berry

There are rumblings that he can be one of those guys that sneaks into the first round. Probably a high second rounder though. I would be fine if the Jets took him at 29.

All League
    From all I've seen and read, he is a Kerry Rhodes clone as far as skillset goes. Rangy, but NOT a hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Where should this kid come off the board?

Could he be the 'free-ranging' safety we need to compliment Leonhard?

I'm no talent evaluator or scout, any feedback on this kid would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Barring injury, I think Allen will be a 10 year pro without a doubt. Guy just seems like a professional even in college.

He has very good mobility, and excellent hips for a safety. He could DEFINITELY step down and manage covering a receiver 1 on 1. He's also a good wrapup tackler. Very good form.

His only liability though is that I've seen him somewhat avoid making contact with some bigger backs. One instance was Senior Bowl TD run with Blount, Allen kind of stayed away when he could have certainly made a hit on him. That is the only somewhat negative. But he's more of a coverage safety and he'll do a very good job with that.

Jets Insider VIP
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Safety | South Florida | SR Nate Allen
    Height: 6-0 | Weight: 207 | 40-Time: 4.50

Official Bio

Strengths:
    A smooth athlete --- Good height with a chiseled physique --- Excellent range --- Outstanding instincts --- Great hands and ball skills --- Fluid hips --- Nice body control --- Excels in zone coverage --- Technically sound --- Closes fast --- Tough --- Physical --- Reliable tackler --- Great motor --- Smart --- Hard worker --- A lot of experience --- Team leader.

Weaknesses:
    Frame is maxed out --- Pure speed is just average --- Struggles when asked to match up with wideouts in man coverage --- Plays too tall at times --- Isn't a real big hitter --- Not very quick or explosive --- Upside?

Notes:
    Was a three-year starter for the Bulls --- Named 2nd Team All-Big East as a senior --- Served as a team captain in 2009 --- Earned Big East Defensive Player of the Week honors three times during his college career --- Father played professional basketball in Europe --- Worked mostly on special teams as a freshman --- Classic centerfielder who is renowned for his playmaking ability --- Possesses solid physical tools and exceptional intangibles --- Leader of the secondary who functions as an extension of the coaching staff --- Profiles as a starter in the NFL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Career Statistics
    Year GP TKL PBU INT YDS
    2006 9 2 0 0 0
    2007 13 86 8 4 44
    2008 13 53 0 1 40
    2009 13 85 4 4 55
    Totals 48 226 12 9 139

All League
    I don't think it was the fact that Rhodes wouldn't as much as he was a huge douche and cancer that couldn't hit...