Thread: 7-ROUND JETS DRAFT. Feedback please!!!

Veteran

Arrow 7-ROUND JETS DRAFT. Feedback please!!!

This should be my last draft unless we make another big move. Please give feedback. Good or bad. I can take it. Go Jets!!!

I can see the Jets being super aggressive if Brandon Graham of Michigan falls to say pick #21 with the Bengals. I don't see anyway he gets by the Pats at #22 so if he falls they would have to get in front of them to have a shot.

These are the players I really like for us at #29. Brandon Graham OLB/DE Mich / Jared Odrick DE/DT Penn.St / Brian Price DT UCLA / Kyle Wilson CB Boise St. / Devin McCourty CB Rutgers / Patrick Robinson CB FSU /

****TRADE****
    The Jets trade down to #36 with the KC Chiefs. The Jets get #36 in the 2nd round and #102 in the 4th round from KC. Chiefs want to get up to get their true Nose Guard in MT.Cody.

ROUND #2a. NATE ALLEN FS SOUTH FLORIDA 6'0 205LBS. A very good cover man who can move around and be versatile in coverage. Smart and spends his time in the film room. Always around the ball. Gets guys in the right position. True leader.

ROUND #2b. BRANDON SPIKES MLB FLORIDA 6'2 250LBS. I think it is such crap if this kid is really falling down draft boards. But if so we NEED to take him. Nasty smasher who runs well from sideline to sideline. Already has a chip on his shoulder and with Rex and Bart teaching this kid he could be our next great one.

ROUND #3.(WR BRAYLON EDWARDS)sweet

ROUND#4a. MYRON LEWIS CB VANDY 6'1 205LBS. I think some really good CBs will fall into the 4th round. So many good ones this year that we could get a nice player. Lewis is a smooth cover player who can also see some time at safety. His good size will help with matching up with taller WRs.

ROUND #4b. ARTHUR JONES DE/DT SYRACUSE 6'4 300LBS. Jones could be a super pick in the 4th round or he could blow. He has good quicks and feet for a big man. Really reminds me of Ellis when he was at Tenn.

ROUND #5. (WR SANTONIO HOLMES) sweet

ROUND #6. TRINDON HOLLIDAY WR/RB/RS LSU 5'5 165LBS. I know the kid is 5'5 but I don't care. This kid is as quick and fast as any player on the field. He plays much bigger than his size and does not shy away from contact. With Leon Washington's status with the team up in the air Holliday will give us the explosive return ability we could lose if Leon moves on or is not the same after the injury. I would give this guy a shot to catch some balls out of the slot.

ROUND #7. LARRY HART OLB CENT.ARKANSAS 6'0 244LBS. Short college DE who will move to OLB. Quick off the edge player who is a major sleeper.

Some Undrafted players we bring in-
    CODY GRIMM SS V.Tech-Russ's kid is a Rex player. Tough and will be a special teams star.
    TRAVIS IVEY DT MARYLAND. Lots of big men in this draft and some will slip through the cracks(6'4 330lbs)
    JOSH HULL ILB PENN ST. The other LB from Penn St.
    DARIAN STEWART SS So.Caro
    DENNIS LANDOLT OT PENN.ST
    REGGIE CARTER ILB UCLA
    JAVARRIS JAMES RB MIAMI
    VAN ESKRIDGE FS E.CARO
    Last edited by VERMONT JET; 04-17-2010 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    This should be my last draft unless we make another big move. Please give feedback. Good or bad. I can take it. Go Jets!!!

I can see the Jets being super aggressive if Brandon Graham of Michigan falls to say pick #21 with the Bengals. I don't see anyway he gets by the Pats at #22 so if he falls they would have to get in front of them to have a shot.

These are the players I really like for us at #29. Brandon Graham OLB/DE Mich / Jared Odrick DE/DT Penn.St / Brian Price DT UCLA / Kyle Wilson CB Boise St. / Devin McCourty CB Rutgers / Patrick Robinson CB FSU /

****TRADE****
    The Jets trade down to #36 with the KC Chiefs. The Jets get #36 in the 2nd round and #102 in the 4th round from KC. Chiefs want to get up to get their true Nose Guard in MT.Cody.

ROUND #2a. NATE ALLEN FS SOUTH FLORIDA 6'0 205LBS. A very good cover man who can move around and be versatile in coverage. Smart and spends his time in the film room. Always around the ball. Gets guys in the right position. True leader.

ROUND #2b. BRANDON SPIKES MLB FLORIDA 6'2 250LBS. I think it is such crap if this kid is really falling down draft boards. But if so we NEED to take him. Nasty smasher who runs well from sideline to sideline. Already has a chip on his shoulder and with Rex and Bart teaching this kid he could be our next great one.

ROUND #3.(WR BRAYLON EDWARDS)sweet

ROUND#4a. MYRON LEWIS CB VANDY 6'1 205LBS. I think some really good CBs will fall into the 4th round. So many good ones this year that we could get a nice player. Lewis is a smooth cover player who can also see some time at safety. His good size will help with matching up with taller WRs.

ROUND #4b. ARTHUR JONES DE/DT SYRACUSE 6'4 300LBS. Jones could be a super pick in the 4th round or he could blow. He has good quicks and feet for a big man. Really reminds me of Ellis when he was at Tenn.

ROUND #5. (WR SANTONIO HOLMES) sweet

ROUND #6. TRINDON HOLLIDAY WR/RB/RS LSU 5'5 165LBS. I know the kid is 5'5 but I don't care. This kid is as quick and fast as any player on the field. He plays much bigger than his size and does not shy away from contact. With Leon Washington's status with the team up in the air Holliday will give us the explosive return ability we could lose if Leon moves on or is not the same after the injury. I would give this guy a shot to catch some balls out of the slot.

ROUND #7. LARRY HART OLB CENT.ARKANSAS 6'0 244LBS. Short college DE who will move to OLB. Quick off the edge player who is a major sleeper.

Some Undrafted players we bring in-
    CODY GRIMM SS V.Tech-Russ's kid is a Rex player. Tough and will be a special teams star.
    TRAVIS IVEY DT MARYLAND. Lots of big men in this draft and some will slip through the cracks(6'4 330lbs)
    JOSH HULL ILB PENN ST. The other LB from Penn St.
    DARIAN STEWART SS So.Caro
    DENNIS LANDOLT OT PENN.ST
    REGGIE CARTER ILB UCLA
    JAVARRIS JAMES RB MIAMI
    VAN ESKRIDGE FS E.CARO
    Where does Spikes play? He'll be great in a 3-4 but Harris/Scott will be here for the foreseeable future.

I like your undrafted guys even though I think most get drafted.

Veteran
    I like it all with the only exception being the 2nd round wasted pick on a ILB that runs slower than half the DL coming out...

shouldnt waste a second rounder for a backup at out single best position and on top of that arthur jones wont last til the late 4th round

Jets Insider VIP
    Selfishly, it would suck big hairy moose balls if the Jets traded out of the 1st.

That would mean I wasted a whole Thursday night watching the draft only to have to wait until Friday night until their first pick, which I'll likely miss since the draft starts at 6:30 that night.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sandz View Post
    I like it all with the only exception being the 2nd round wasted pick on a ILB that runs slower than half the DL coming out...
    See thats what I am talking about. Don't watch the the pro day watch the film. The kid is a nasty ball player.

I know we are more than solid at MLB but it's a best player on the board type pick.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    See thats what I am talking about. Don't watch the the pro day watch the film. The kid is a nasty ball player.

I know we are more than solid at MLB but it's a best player on the board type pick.
    Nasty is correct he'll even try to poke your eye balls out..

This draft is well done, it certainly makes you think and reevaluate. The trade is outstanding
    1. Nate Allen is a good pick,IMO a minor reach (half a round), the problem is that the quality of safeties drop off a cliff after Allen, If Rex thinks that safety is a major problem you take him. IMO you go for the guy who falls out of the first with a strong preferance for DL or CB. Linval Joseph or Cam Thomas would be perfect.
    2. Spikes would be the best player on the board ( and I think he could be there), depth at ILB is non existant, Spikes would be a monster on ST. The question remains is how do you get him on the field with Harris and Scott.
    Spikes would be an intimadator, ala Ray Lewis, but i don't know how to get him on the field. I probably go CB, possibly Murphy at 61
    4. Myron Lewis is your best pick, I see him as a cover safety first, and a dime corner second. Fills a great need for the Jets.
    4b. I think there is a possability that Arthur Jones could be there in the fourth, I saw him as a solid second rounder , but his injury of last year has caused him to slide
    6. Not a Trindon Holiday fan
    7. Larry Hart, very nice pick, could be great at ST, Rex could turn this guy into a great pass rusher, the next Elvis Dumervil
    Overall a great job

I like Allen, but we need to address the pass rush (DE/DL/OLB) with 1 or both of our first 2 picks.

Veteran

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Selfishly, it would suck big hairy moose balls if the Jets traded out of the 1st.

That would mean I wasted a whole Thursday night watching the draft only to have to wait until Friday night until their first pick, which I'll likely miss since the draft starts at 6:30 that night.
    I am with ya SMC!! I sent an email to the NFL telling them how much I hate the new Thu,Fri Sat set up.